NME review of 'That's How People...'

Maurice E

Morrissey already has a Greatest Hits album out – it’s called The Queen Is Dead’ – but here’s the lead single from the forthcoming ‘Greatest Hits Off His Last Two Albums, “Viva Hate” And A Few Others’ collection. THPGU sees Moz in an unusually chirpy mood, letting a scary opera lady wail away while he sings about how he broke his back in a car crash. Tune-wise, it’s not exactly a career high-point, but thematically, Morrissey seems to be suggesting that maturity can only be achieved by experiencing struggle. Using this theory we’ve worked out that Moz is roughly 469 years old.

Morrissey already has a Greatest Hits album out – it’s called The Queen Is Dead’ – but here’s the lead single from the forthcoming ‘Greatest Hits Off His Last Two Albums, “Viva Hate” And A Few Others’ collection. THPGU sees Moz in an unusually chirpy mood, letting a scary opera lady wail away while he sings about how he broke his back in a car crash. Tune-wise, it’s not exactly a career high-point, but thematically, Morrissey seems to be suggesting that maturity can only be achieved by experiencing struggle. Using this theory we’ve worked out that Moz is roughly 469 years old.

The NME aren't nearly as clever or funny as they think they are.

Sweet Jesus! Did Jonze write this? lol... "scary opera lady!" "chirpy!"

I bet this one is going in Moz' scrapbook, for sure.

The NME must really think Moz has no case against them with the racist accussations last year and as unflattering as this review for the new single is, I'd say, they're better off shutting the f*** up but then again, that would require at least a bit of common sense not to mention intelligence, and we all know, they haven't got either!

I'm sure Razorlights new single is much better. not :rolleyes:

I'm sure Razorlights new single is much better. not :rolleyes:

i don't think razorlight have a single out, at the moment... ...and it's still better than 'that's how people grow up'.

i don't think razorlight have a single out, at the moment... ...and it's still better than 'that's how people grow up'.

not literal. I was just drawing upon the idea that NME seem to arse lick bands like Razorlight for the sake of them breathing. Yet they seem to shun Morrissey.

not literal. I was just drawing upon the idea that NME seem to arse lick bands like Razorlight for the sake of them breathing. Yet they seem to shun Morrissey.

This isn't true in Razorlight's case - they started to hate them when they became commercially successful. The NME don't really know who or what to like or dislike, they have no real power of anyone (respectables) thoughts - and in the knowledge of this stir cotroversy to try and boost their ever dwindling circulation. They have a tendency to jump on bandwagons...

Yeah fact of the matter is I used to like NME more when they knifed people down, rather than just looking to make friends.

but all credit to them, they do a sell a lot of magazine with whatever they publish.

Back
Top Bottom