Morrissey Central "SOMEWHERE IN PORTUGAL" (January 2, 2024)

[photo of graffiti on bridge - there is a light that never goes out]

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking it would be a nice bridge to jump off of. Not me of course, I gotta stay alive just to continue posting my awesome comments (like this one) here on solo.

You’re all welcome.

:tiphat:

FB_IMG_1704236301335.jpg

"the most beautiful bridge on the portuguese highways"
Luís Maia Pereira FB (August 15, 2023).
Said to be near Aveiro City.
FWD.

Appears to be the photo & title source:

Screenshot_20240102-230348.png

I think stuff like this is always cool. Those of us who truly love The Smiths have something special in common. I appreciate it so much, honestly.

agree!

But as it being a Central post though? Just imagine what Morrissey could really do with Central if he just posted things from his own archive or even did a monthly post talking about what records, books, films he’s been enjoying and why. It could really be something special for his fans and for culture.

Love or loathe this bridge, it's always a delight (without endorsing the bridge's written opinions) to drive under it.

agree!

But as it being a Central post though? Just imagine what Morrissey could really do with Central if he just posted things from his own archive or even did a monthly post talking about what records, books, films he’s been enjoying and why. It could really be something special for his fans and for culture.

Absolutely! I would love a Morrissey podcast so to speak, where he just discussed himself in that way. I've always loved the manner in which he speaks, his dry humor and just how thoughtful his responses/statements are. To me, he's always been more than just the songs and the voice. He should share his mind too, and help brighten things up.

agree!

Not going to lie, that would be amazing. It really would. I would love to know about the latest music/bands, books, series, movies or whatever that he's found an appreciation for.

We all know that he has always been obsessed with various art forms (music, film, etc) so surely writing a column or something on Central once a month or even just when he has something interesting to shout about would be infinitely better than these weird posts that are just so below him.

fascinating and clever news (though we’ve seen that bridge some years ago) to start the year 2024. Now the bosses of the major labels lining up for sure! (y)

Last edited:
Rumour has it, they are on their way to Martin's studio to record another album A good talisman to catch some Smiths vibes on the way..

has the word bridge been in an M lyric or title of a song,probably staring me right in the coupon but cannot think of one at the moment,come on people get thinking.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom