ShoutoutLA: "Meet Brendan Buckley | Drummer" (November 20, 2023)

c-PersonalBrendanBuckley__BBInmyDefense_1698614458966.jpg

"I am a freelance musician. This means that every year of my career looks remarkably different than the previous one. And, I actually have very little ability to predict what adventures lie around the corner. I work with a variety of different artists. Sometimes, I am hired by a manager or artist to perform on a live concert tour. Other times, I am hired by a producer or artist to record music in a studio for a new album... "

He is a professional drummer who plays the drums when someone pays him to play the drums?
Got it. There I was, thinking he was a human rights lawyer.

Good little interview. I found it interesting that his mother is Korean and his father Irish, and what he said about time being our most valuable currency and to spend it wisely.

"I enjoy bringing the elements of safety, comfort, and helpfulness to the lives of the people around me. Humor is also essential medicine to me." Thus the shirt! Has anyone read The Inner Game of Tennis? Love all.

This is the only person in the current "band" that has real talent!
Keep carrying the band for us Brendan!!

"I enjoy bringing the elements of safety, comfort, and helpfulness to the lives of the people around me. Humor is also essential medicine to me." Thus the shirt! Has anyone read The Inner Game of Tennis? Love all.
I have not, but I’ll be looking out for it now.

He’s really special. I love his outlook on life. People like that really inspire me because I struggle. Yeah…a good guy…we need more like him ❤️

I wonder how long he's going to stick with the Mozzer. Sounds like he's looking ahead to the next job after the tour.

brendan seems like a decent guy in his interviews.
looks like japan is still on the go.

Tip:
prior to posting, you should write your thought down onto a piece of paper, place it under your pillow for three days minimum, then reread to consider if it’s worth the effort.
If everyone followed that rule we wouldn’t get all the hilarious and/or mentally deranged posts on here.
My tip is to type and press post faster than your brain can process what you’re writing.

brendan seems like a decent guy in his interviews.
looks like japan is still on the go.
Yep, the flight from LA to Japan is about 10-11 hours, so nicer than the 15-16 hours of a flight from LA to Australia. Then after spending a day or two in Japan, the flight to Australia is only about another 6-7 hours. It does sometimes make you wonder if 'technical issues' are really just Moz's dislike / fear of flying?

Wow. He doesn't seem to personally identify as Morrissey's drummer, more of a mercenary who is emotionally detached from the music and only does it for the money...dare I say, a musician whore?

Actually far too self-confident and self-determined to serve at Morrissey's side. A professional musician, detached from individual artists. He will not stay forever.

He and the two women in the band are why Morrissey will never again capture the once-in-a-lifetime magic of Alain-Gary-Boz-Spencer. They were an actual band and you could hear it and feel it.

Back
Top Bottom