Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater (Oct. 7, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
The set list tonight was of good Quality songs. Unfortunately these songs have now been played to death in the live arena for many a year now, making a Morrissey show very predictable, dull, and uneventful.

I’m rather pleased and relieved that I won’t be ever spending another penny on a Morrissey show ever again.

As we all know, the live arena is all Morrissey has left now along with his live audience.
He needs to be more respectful and imaginative at these events, as we can all see long and loyal fans have hade enough of this drudgery.

I'm sorry to hear that from you, Baz.

Morrissey's living a moment in his life when he needs his fans' support the most.

Why wouldn’t his true fans give it to him, after 40 years of him giving them so much?

It's not about the money for me. And I trust touring isn't just about the money for Moz either. His life is his music: so, he feels the need to sing his life.

And I want to sing along, whatever songs he chooses to sing.

VIVA MOZ !!!
💘🇧🇷

He. Would. Never. Pay. Them. Enough. And I’m not sure Suede like him.
Yah Brett is very smart, articulate and thankful for a career renaissance. I can't see him putting Suede in the media glare headlights. And they once slagged each other off and haven't had any contact since then, as far as I know.

Morrissey's living a moment in his life when he needs his fans' support the most.

Why wouldn’t his true fans give it to him, after 40 years of him giving them so much?

It's not about the money for me. And I trust touring isn't just about the money for Moz either. His life is his music: so, he feels the need to sing his life.

VIVA MOZ !!!
💘🇧🇷
True, and he’ll probably change it up one song at a time bit by bit. I already saw him 3 times this year so don’t quite have the itch yet to go again.
Hopefully in the future the setlist will warrant going again, and hopefully he keeps doing this for a long time. Fun fact, in the uk next year he will be old enough to receive a free bus pass, he’ll officially be a pensioner, in the uk this is when you are officially ‘old’.

It isn’t that hard to get to the front of the stage in the UK, if you’re willing to act like an absolute fan-girl and have no respect for other gig-goers. Run down at the start of the gig, throw a few elbows, spill a few drinks, you’ll get there.
That's not in my nature, but I'm sure it can be after a bevvy or two. You gotta do what you gotta do.

They threw people out for doing it at Liverpool. I was in the front row and there was no room between the front row seats and the stage for them to stand, so they were blocking the aisles.

I love that people behind you tap you on the shoulder and want you to move for them. Absolutely brazen asf. Luckily, when I can see someone is being like that it enables my "darker side". There is a lot of shit that goes on at the front and it seems to have gotten even worse in the past few years.

I was at the show last night, and I don't understand all of the criticism. The setlist spanned his career, the band was tight, and Moz's voice was great. He seemed to be in an upbeat mood, and the crowd was very enthusiastic. I missed Moz the last time he played in Florida, so I was happy to be able to drive over to Orlando to see the show.
Headed for St. Petersburg on Tuesday...

It isn’t that hard to get to the front of the stage in the UK, if you’re willing to act like an absolute fan-girl and have no respect for other gig-goers. Run down at the start of the gig, throw a few elbows, spill a few drinks, you’ll get there.
I really wanted to be at the front at Portsmouth, but my girlfriend had 3 glasses of wine at Loch Fyne, and then a further 2 pints of beer at the venue waiting for Moz to come on, she really wanted to get close but watching the vid of sweet and tender hooligan from that night I’m glad we didn’t. Arms flying everywhere and security being extra zealous in their protection of the Mancunian Messiah.

True, and he’ll probably change it up one song at a time bit by bit. I already saw him 3 times this year so don’t quite have the itch yet to go again.
Hopefully in the future the setlist will warrant going again, and hopefully he keeps doing this for a long time. Fun fact, in the uk next year he will be old enough to receive a free bus pass, he’ll officially be a pensioner, in the uk this is when you are officially ‘old’.

JM*:,

Whatching some of the videos from last night what I see isn't an old man. I see a warrior still battling for what he believes, despite some physical and mental problems.

I can see through the ageing body the soulful, timeless artist still doing his job with much dignity.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

As someone that actually went to the performance in Orlando, his vocals were great, the band did a fantastic job, and the enthusiastic audience loved it.

VIVA MOZ !!!
💘🇧🇷
Oh geez. Come on dude. He isn’t good to his fans. You are talking silly. He bailed on so many shows and can’t be bothered to do make up shows. He screwed himself re the record companies.

I was at the show last night, and I don't understand all of the criticism. The setlist spanned his career, the band was tight, and Moz's voice was great. He seemed to be in an upbeat mood, and the crowd was very enthusiastic. I missed Moz the last time he played in Florida, so I was happy to be able to drive over to Orlando to see the show.
Headed for St. Petersburg on Tuesday...
I suspect that the criticism comes from people who weren’t there. I wish they would just leave people to enjoy themselves!

At the last UK tour it was still impossible to get handshakes from front row as most venues had a huge gap between the stage and the barrier. I think it was deliberate after the heckling on the first show of the tour. So yes, he does think UK fans are troglodytes.

HSIN

Yah Brett is very smart, articulate and thankful for a career renaissance. I can't see him putting Suede in the media glare headlights. And they once slagged each other off and haven't had any contact since then, as far as I know.

correction.

Brett (supposedly) made his comments in a March issue of Face, and we can assume Morrissey’s one comment came soon after.

this photo was taken in October after their (‘feud’) exchanges in the press.
They seem to be getting along, and have made up.

1696781674848.jpeg

Last edited:
At the last UK tour it was still impossible to get handshakes from front row as most venues had a huge gap between the stage and the barrier. I think it was deliberate after the heckling on the first show of the tour. So yes, he does think UK fans are troglodytes.
Yeh, even through I was at the front at Liverpool, there was an orchestra pit between the front and the stage which was filled with security guys. When people started jumping into the pit during JTR, the security guys had f***ing torches to try to catch people through the fog.

I feel like I'll never get anywhere near to a handshake in the UK unless things change. Even in Dublin the barrier was high and there was a huge gap between it and the stage. It really isn't fair.

Highlights including : Suedehead , Stop me , Our Frank , How soon , Half a Person , Please please , Sunday , Ripper and Speedway

Oh geez. Come on dude. He isn’t good to his fans. You are talking silly. He bailed on so many shows and can’t be bothered to do make up shows. He screwed himself re the record companies.

Billy, in your opinion, I'm talking silly. OK! IMO, you're the one talking silly.

FULL SHOW :guitar:

26:52 - Darling, I hug a Pillow
40:27 - Notre Dame with intro ;)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom