Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater (Oct. 7, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
correction.

Brett (supposedly) made his comments in a March issue of Face, and we can assume Morrissey’s one comment came soon after.

this photo was taken in October after their (‘feud’) exchanges in the press.
They seem to be getting along, and have made up.

View attachment 95654
Seeing Sean Hughes there reminds how brief all of this is. I’m sure he’d have loved to have heard How Soon in Now for the umpteenth time, last night.

It's difficult to tell, because if you were there and the artist did a decent job it's always a magical night. And a lot of attendees wrote that here. From the snippets of videos I saw I think that he looks drained and tired. As if there is little energy left. The songs have gotten slower somehow for a while now and the setlist is still 3 songs short from last year. I said that earlier this year already, he should take a step back and start fresh. Changed up setlist could be a start. On the other hand without albums out and additional promotion like videos and interviews the tours is all we get of him and therefore it's good that he at least tours and maybe it's all that he can give at the moment. It's not meant to bash him, it's just my impression from the footage and of course I wasn't there live and of course he has plenty of shows left to get the energy up again.

He really should get Suede to open for him, that would be a great show and Morrisey and Brett could sing My Insatiable One together. I just don't think this is sustainable, these shows are very dull. Richard could show those girls how to really play guitar.
How about just playing a better setlist?

I would rather save my money and go see a tribute band consisting of members half my age than sit through this torturous setlist. I really wish he would give a reason for playing the same songs for years at a time. Half of which aren't his best to begin with. Alma Matters has the appeal of a bad Richard Marx song. And I USED to love the Loop but stop it already!!

Lots of "Flora Cats" around here! are Cats Flora, the cat Flora is a character that serves to describe people who do not settle for anything, it is a phrase of Spanish origin that has sexual connotation but is used to say that someone is dissatisfied with everything The phrase is: "it is like the cat Flora screams when they put it on and if they take it out she cries

The Manics have just announced a gig in Cardiff, with Suede as support.

For some reason, I felt you needed to know this for some reason.
I know!!!! I might go!!!! I already saw the two of them in Vancouver but I really wanna see them again now that I know how much I love the manics!!!!! Thanks for telling me though!!!!

Seeing Sean Hughes there reminds how brief all of this is. I’m sure he’d have loved to have heard How Soon in Now for the umpteenth time, last night.

Why? Is Shawn Hughes a fan of that song?

Anyway, I’m sure any fan that supports what Morrissey does by buying a ticket, could expect that he will play a lot of the same songs and classics, plus he hasn’t played Florida in a long while.

Having said that, of course I’d love to hear some deep cuts. Then again, I don’t make the setlists.

Same ol setlist... who is surprised? Not me!

I already knew that without a real guitarist, they are just gonna play the same ol stuff.
People got to admit that this is the weakest touring band MOZ has had in his 40 years.
Only the Drummer has talent. I feel so sorry for any new fans or fans that never seen Moz live before and that this is gonna be their first time seeing him without a good live band.

When Alain rejoined for a minute... he had some impact on the setlist.
But jesse can't play the deep cuts and hits so he has to play it safe and play the same songs.

I remember the days when almost every setlist was different and MOZ had a solid backing band.
I guess those days are long gone just like his days of having a record contract.

Can't wait to see the selist from Alain and the Lads in December... hes gonna put this "40 years of Moz" setlist to shame.

what a pity.

Poor MOZ... he's never been surrounded by so much mediocrity.
I think he is officially in his "Fat Elvis" stage... No rehearsing with the band just showing up and singing the same old songs over and over.
such a same when he has such a rich back catalogue.
Even thought the drummer is talented - he’s boring and is basically made to be a boy toy

Ti
How about just playing a better setlist?
Every single person defending him acts like he is an amateur. For 40 years he has been a professional artist. Act like it. Do you feel that way about a basketball player? The chef at your fav restaurant? You are a paying customer. Your deserve a quality experience. I don’t pay for garbage. Same reason I don’t go see the cult. They mail it in too.

I was 50 in June. I dropped some sledgehammer hints that Moz was playing Graceland in October, so dovetailing the two overwhelming passions in my life. I was presented with two bottles of decent gin and a new shirt. Yes, the set list is a little tired...but I'd still give a few teeth to be there. Stop moaning. He's still performing. Enjoy.

Meanwhile another band who do play what their fans want to hear are still selling out arenas worldwide and getting rave reviews.

Excerpts -

Synth legends New Order put of one of the best gigs Leeds has seen this year when they performed on Saturday evening.

New Order provided a tour de force performance flying through their enviable back catalogue. Age of Consent was an early treat for the packed audience.

New Order's gigs are always a real treat but, at current, it is fair to say they are very much at the top of their game.

Why? Is Shawn Hughes a fan of that song?

Anyway, I’m sure any fan that supports what Morrissey does by buying a ticket, could expect that he will play a lot of the same songs and classics, plus he hasn’t played Florida in a long while.

Having said that, of course I’d love to hear some deep cuts. Then again, I don’t make the setlists.
Makes me laugh when I hear the term "deep cuts". As if those songs (usually b-sides or lesser known* album tracks) are not readily available on CD, spotify, utube etc etc. *When I say lesser known I mean to casual 'fans' who don't have the attention span to listen to a full album or bother their holes to stream anything other than the most voted for 'hits'. A deep cut is a rare studio out-take that was presumed lost until it cropped up 40 years later and only one person has it on cassette. None of this is a dig at you Zoom. It's a comment on the shiteness of modern fans who come up with stupid terms for things that are about as esoteric as a pair of Levi jeans.

Meanwhile another band who do play what their fans want to hear are still selling out arenas worldwide and getting rave reviews.

Excerpts -

Synth legends New Order put of one of the best gigs Leeds has seen this year when they performed on Saturday evening.

New Order provided a tour de force performance flying through their enviable back catalogue. Age of Consent was an early treat for the packed audience.

New Order's gigs are always a real treat but, at current, it is fair to say they are very much at the top of their game.

Surface, I was at New Order exactly one week ago in Dublin and they were fantastic. I'd have changed the setlist a little (remove Tutti Frutti and one or two others and slot in Regret) but they sounded brilliant.

20231001_224233.jpg

Makes me laugh when I hear the term "deep cuts". As if those songs (usually b-sides or lesser known* album tracks) are not readily available on CD, spotify, utube etc etc. *When I say lesser known I mean to casual 'fans' who don't have the attention span to listen to a full album or bother their holes to stream anything other than the most voted for 'hits'. A deep cut is a rare studio out-take that was presumed lost until it cropped up 40 years later and only one person has it on cassette. None of this is a dig at you Zoom. It's a comment on the shiteness of modern fans who come up with stupid terms for things that are about as esoteric as a pair of Levi jeans.

Lol. I’m lazy, it’s solo, and so I used the term ‘deep cuts’ to mean anything we haven’t heard yet.

This is not a dig on your criticism of the term.

Wow those guitars sound off.
Never heard HSIN sound so mediocre... sounds like a cover band.
She uses a "Flanger" pedal with her guitar, to get a serrated and distorted sound but her guitar riffs sound out of tune in the end.
Johnny's golden riff didn't sound like this.
No one should mess up with souvenirs !

Excerpts -

Not my kinda band tbh. Quite how they get big crowds is beyond me. I couldn't spend an evening listening to that (imo) sh*te.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom