Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I’ve just realised Nerak is Karen backwards, only took me a year.

I’ve recently been reading Thomas Sowell’s A Conflict Of Visions.
It’s a very interesting read, it postulates the idea that people’s differing beliefs come down to a fundamentally different understanding of human nature.
The unconstrained and constrained visions, or the utopian and tragic.
I suppose this partially explains why people think that you get more conservative as you get older, I don’t believe this is true but I do think that people develop more of the constrained worldview and understand people’s limitations, and understand that there are no solutions, only trade offs.

The unconstrained vision

Sowell argues that the unconstrained vision relies heavily on the belief that human nature is essentially good. Those with an unconstrained vision distrust decentralized processes and are impatient with large institutions and systemic processes that constrain human action. They believe there is an ideal solution to every problem, and that compromise is never acceptable. Collateral damage is merely the price of moving forward on the road to perfection. Sowell often refers to them as "the self anointed." Ultimately they believe that man is morally perfectible. Because of this, they believe that there exist some people who are further along the path of moral development, have overcome self-interest and are immune to the influence of power and therefore can act as surrogate decision-makers for the rest of society.

The constrained vision

Sowell argues that the constrained vision relies heavily on the belief that human nature is essentially unchanging and that man is naturally inherently self-interested, regardless of the best intentions. Those with a constrained vision prefer the systematic processes of the rule of law and experience of tradition. Compromise is essential because there are no ideal solutions, only trade-offs. Those with a constrained vision favor empirical evidence and time-tested structures and processes over intervention and personal experience. Ultimately, the constrained vision demands checks and balances and refuses to accept that all people could put aside their innate self-interest.

This is where things get interesting, I simply don’t trust young people who are conservative or who have a constrained vision of life.
You get 16 year old American kids who wear tweed and say “I believe in traditional values and I want to start a family!
Okay okay steady on, go and do some drugs, come back in 5 years and then start growing up, weirdo.
At the same time I trust even less people in their 50s and beyond who cling to the unconstrained vision, who have a utopian vision of life where everybody must adhere to their beliefs.
“If only everybody voted the way I did and did everything I said the world would be a much better place!”

I am very suspicious of people who never fully mature and understand the complexities of our societies and of human nature.
I distrust them immensely, truly I do.

I just want her to leave this site. She’s horribly condescending, ruins every thread by starting the same arguments and is generally quite a dangerous person to have loitering around. How she hasn’t been permanently banned for her data collection and doxing, I do not know.
When she’s gone, I’ll give you the attention you so obviously crave.
Many people have pointed out how dangerous her activities are and I did think doxing got you banned from here.
I don't think there is any real policy here, if you annoy the wrong person at the wrong time, for anything no matter how small, I think that is the criteria for a ban.

It doesn't matter which post it is, it's that you've done it at all. And you're on so many platforms, on Twitter and Reddit and God knows where, that nobody could trace what you've done with their content if they tried.

What you're doing is unethical. It can lead to harassment. And it has a ripple effect - the backlash has led to others following suit with the "Nerak Watch" thread. All of it is wrong. All of it exposes other people (including yourself) and makes them visible and vulnerable to an online mob, who are used to hanging people before hearing them out.

Take some responsibility and stop saying things like "I'm just researching" or "It's harmless." You are collecting and repurposing content without consent, you have tried to dox users who argued with you, and then you have stirred up audiences on other platforms against them.

There is nothing unethical about reposting things that have been posted on a public forum.

I've never revealed private information or posted anything from a private message or email.

I haven't tried to dox anyone for arguing with me - what I did was try to warn a For Britain activist that he was posting the same picture, which had his real name visible, on 2 of his massively racist anonymous accounts - which was pretty decent of me considering I hate them (Edit - them being For Britain) - but he was too much of an idiot to take the hint.

And people have every opportunity to talk to me about any post they're concerned about - which you can do by telling me which posts from here that I've posted on Twitter you think will lead to an online mob hanging someone.

Last edited:
Well, when the media conjures provoking reframes on what Morrissey says and does, the 12 still-hooked ex-Disciples gleefully celebrate with virtual hate-speech. It's his own fault! He's playing the victim, the narcissist! He's this, that and the other. Not to mention the abuse heaped on stalwart and alert Malarkey for seeing through the fog and trying to get us all to peek through her telescope :cool: 🥽
And people wonder why I think this needs psychiatric help

What a strange thing to say... :confused:
I know you understand English and maybe even sarcasm. I also know you like to pick fights.

There is nothing unethical about reposting things that have been posted on a public forum.

I've never revealed private information or posted anything from a private message or email.

I haven't tried to dox anyone for arguing with me - what I did was try to warn a For Britain activist that he was posting the same picture, which had his real name visible, on 2 of his massively racist anonymous accounts - which was pretty decent of me considering I hate them - but he was too much of an idiot to take the hint.

And people have every opportunity to talk to me about any post they're concerned about - which you can do by telling me which posts from here that I've posted on Twitter you think will lead to an online mob hanging someone.
The problem arises when you think you know who the poster "really is", maybe who they work for, who they're in contact with.

We only have your word that you haven't shared private information, and I don't trust your word. I wouldn't trust anyone who expects to be 'notified' about matters of basic decency, as though you have a God-given right to share what you like all over the net and it's an "opt-out" scenario for the rest of us.

I don't want to engage with you because I don't want to be the next target of your "research" - I've tried to make it plain, as politely as I can, that you are angering people to the extent that they are "monitoring" you in return and that is not a good situation to be in. Nobody joins a music forum to get involved in that creepy, creepy stuff. Rein yourself in before it bites you in the arse.

The problem arises when you think you know who the poster "really is", maybe who they work for, who they're in contact with.

We only have your word that you haven't shared private information, and I don't trust your word. I wouldn't trust anyone who expects to be 'notified' about matters of basic decency, as though you have a God-given right to share what you like all over the net and it's an "opt-out" scenario for the rest of us.

I don't want to engage with you because I don't want to be the next target of your "research" - I've tried to make it plain, as politely as I can, that you are angering people to the extent that they are "monitoring" you in return and that is not a good situation to be in. Nobody joins a music forum to get involved in that creepy, creepy stuff. Rein yourself in before it bites you in the arse.

The problem arises when someone posts their name on all their accounts while also harassing people & posting really vile racism.

Something that doesn't seem to bother you.

Personally, I like her because she’s not a jaded c*** like most of us. She’s one of the few people here who doesn’t treat everyone like crap. Sure, she’s not exactly ugly, but ultimately she seems to be a good person. I think she reminds most of us of what it was like being a young, still-not-tainted, Morrissey fan. I get the feeling some people here are annoyed by this...
She is a breath of fresh air to this place. I hope she's real but the skeptic in me worries she may be some sophisticated CBGT fuelled AI Bot, created to tease and humiliate what's left of M's fanbase. If she's real she may tire of all this and move on to something less troublesome.

The problem arises when someone posts their name on all their accounts while also harassing people & posting really vile racism.

Something that doesn't seem to bother you.
True, it doesn't bother me because it's not part of my world. I don't try to police the whole internet, or go looking for fights on different platforms and then searching out those users who have disagreed with me so I can find them everywhere.

Engaging with harmful content is a choice. The "information" you've saved, the "evidence" that you've gleaned through this - it's stuff that other people wouldn't even notice because it's meaningless. Like whether someone was changing the profile picture on their accounts, or whether their name was on there. Go outside and live, this stuff does not matter.

Last edited:
True, it doesn't bother me because it's not part of my world. I don't try to police the whole internet, or go looking for fights on different platforms and then searching out those users who have disagreed with me so I can find them everywhere.

Engaging with harmful content is a choice. The "information" you've saved, the "evidence" that you've gleaned through this - it's stuff that other people wouldn't even notice because it's meaningless. Like whether someone was changing the profile picture on their accounts, or whether their name was on there. Go outside and live, this stuff does not matter.

They searched for me.

For example - the FB activist was in my Twitter notifications liking a white supremacist who objected to me posting quotes from Morrissey's America Is Black Facebook statement.

Which is how I happened to see his timeline & recognised the same picture he'd just posted on here. With his name on it.

If these people are pals of yours - you'd be better off telling them not to be so stupid.

She is a breath of fresh air to this place. I hope she's real but the skeptic in me worries she may be some sophisticated CBGT fuelled AI Bot, created to tease and humiliate what's left of M's fanbase. If she's real she may tire of all this and move on to something less troublesome.
My money’s on the latter.

. . . what I did was try to warn a For Britain activist that he was posting the same picture, which had his real name visible, on 2 of his massively racist anonymous accounts - which was pretty decent of me considering I hate them - but he was too much of an idiot to take the hint.
Was it Morrissey? I know he has trouble understanding things.

If these people are pals of yours - you'd be better off telling them not to be so stupid.
So having just read that this guff isn't part of my world and that I don't engage with content like that, you're suggesting that these racists and far-right activists you've come across in the dark, fetid arse of the internet are my pals. I have nowhere to go with that, it's insane. You sound further from reality with every day that passes and no matter what anyone says, you can't see the damage you are doing and the risk you are exposing yourself to.

So having just read that this guff isn't part of my world and that I don't engage with content like that, you're suggesting that these racists and far-right activists you've come across in the dark, fetid arse of the internet are my pals. I have nowhere to go with that, it's insane. You sound further from reality with every day that passes and no matter what anyone says, you can't see the damage you are doing and the risk you are exposing yourself to.

If it's not part of your world why do you keep waffling at me?

Mostly the cheeks of the "dark, fetid arse" are Twitter & Solo - & here you are.

Back
Top Bottom