Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters

Lucifer Sam

الموت لأمريكا
This thread is for discussions of Jesus. Other people have vanity threads or pet topic threads, so this will be mine, since Carlislebaz complains that I frequently spoil his good time on this forum with all my God-bothery. I have included a poll.

The Holy Face of Jesus.png

I have to ask my priest if it’s all right to participate in this thread or if it would be pure blasphemy.

I don’t know much about Jesus other than that he was crucified for claiming to be the son of God.

Right on ! (y)

The body is the temple, ‘heaven’ is that which is inside of us all, one can think of it as a temporary localization of Consciousness. Which of course is not separate from the greater … call it what you want .. God, Love, Universal Consciousness, etc.

@Gregor Samsa

" The words to the song Confession will not be printed. Instead an apology to the pope and all religious patrons that may be upset by the contents of this song. I was brought up a Catholic and I always wanted to be good. Some times I would pray to God asking him to make me good. When I grew up I found out that good meant several different things. A young innocent child of twelve, I decided that I wanted to be good in every aspect of the word good. So I set off to be good and since this period of time when I was twelve was the mid seventies when the hippies took control of the mass media, I learned that good was to have an open mind and that everything was beautiful in its own way. So I started looking into other good forms of religion such as meditating and sadism and Satanism. Anyway, I ended up rejecting religion. The reason I wrote the song Confession is because I had heard all these good stories about Jesus Christ, coupled with all the bizarre stories I heard in church, I really began to identify with him saying, yeah I’m like him in more than one sense. I can almost be considered a wandering Jew, besides I really am good. So the song came out as a Patti smith imitation in the attempt to top her dumb attempts at blasphemy. I think I really succeeded in blasphemy. When I heard the final mix of this song it scared the shit out of me and I really don’t want to go to hell. Really. I mean I’m not bad. I haven’t killed anyone yet and I don’t shoot up (kind of). I guess I should apologize to my high school photography teacher for writing a song about her miscarriage. - G.V.

‘Jesus was a cocksucking jew from Galilee….’

Oh dear. Something tells me this is going to qualify as blasphemy according to nicky wire's legs, which is a shame because now she probably won't tell us how Jesus was an amoralist despite her having never read the gospels. I have to assume she's going by some Gnostic gospel, or the Talmud, or a private revelation. Because the Jesus of the canonical gospels is a moralist.

Last edited:
IMG_9516.jpeg

“Congratulations, Judas. You’ve won. You’ve ruined my dinner party. Now, take your money and get off my property..”

Oh dear. Something tells me this is going to qualify as blasphemy according to nicky wire's legs, which is a shame because now she probably won't tell us how Jesus was an amoralist despite her having never read the gospels. I have to assume she's going by some Gnostic gospel, or the Talmud, or a private revelation. Because the Jesus of the canonical gospels is a moralist.

that’s alright, because ….

I wish I could combine a few of these options. I'm interested in the historical Jesus and have recently read "How Jesus Became God..." by Bart Ehrman but I don't know if he is a particularly well-regarded source (?), I'd welcome any other book recommendations. I'm somewhere between 'good enough fellow' and 'loony Messiah claimant'. Certainly the idea of a divine incarnation, the Trinity, vicarious atonement etc is the most absurd, concocted guff I've ever heard but I do think Jesus is a fascinating figure and separating the person from all the mythology and supernatural woo that came later is interesting.

For being the son of god, he always looked bloody miserable.
Christ's pain is essential to any traditional Christianity. How could God—at any rate, the Christian God of infinite love and compassion— not be infinitely pained by the state of the world, wherein all life is so utterly tormented?

I take this occasion to quote Valentin Tomberg's Christological masterpiece Meditations on the Tarot ( pg. 246 — adding some bolding and breaking up the dense paragraphs into shorter ones for easier reading from a screen):

From the point of view of the heart, which is that of Hermeticism and the Judaeo-Christian tradition, what can one say about the world?

The heart says to us: the cosmos, this marvel of wisdom, beauty and goodness, suffers. It is ailing. This great organism which cannot have been born out of sickness, whose birth must have been due to perfect health, i.e. to perfect wisdom, beauty and goodness, the totality of which was its cradle —this great organism is ailing . . .

And on the surface of its land-masses in the process of petrification, and in the deeps of the seas, and in the air, there reigns the struggle for existence —this is the fever of inflammation in the world.

But sick as it is, the world still retains —everywhere and always —characteristics of its primordial health, and shows the working of forces of its new health, its con- valescence.

Because alongside the struggle for existence there is cooperation in order to live, and alongside the mineral petrification, there is the succulent and
breathing cover of the plant kingdom. The world can therefore be lauded and wept for at the same time.

This is the origin of the problem of the Fall: that the world is worthy of being sung for and wept for at the same time.

The world is not what it should be. There is a contradiction between the totality and the details. For whilst the starry heavens represent a harmony of equilibrium and perfect cooperation, animals and insects devour one another and innumerable legions of infectious microbes bear sickness and death to men. animals and plants.

Last edited:
But I won't elaborate because this thread grosses me out. Bye!

I knew you would chicken out. But I really did want to hear your theory. Nietzsche also believed that Jesus was something of an amoralist. He thought Jesus was an anarchist who preached a radical equality; he also called him an idiot, but in the flattering sense of Dostoevsky's prince (or Bresson's donkey, but that came later). Unfortunately he never cited anything except his own intuition, which I suspect you're doing too.

I'm at the point where I think St. Paul is the far more fascinating specimen than Jesus. Jesus is easy. He had the same set of qualities that any garden variety cult leader or revolutionary has. I think his movement would've died as a sad remnant of a Jewish sect if it hadn't been for Paul. Paul is my kind of Jew, really: conflicted, literate, sex-obsessed, wrestling with God, delusional, and bald. If this was school, Jesus is the good-looking popular long-haired poet who gets all the girls. Paul is the awkward one who spends his nights alone in his room reading the Torah, going on bouts of resentful misotheism, and listening to the Smiths.

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom