Is Born to Harangue as serious as they say?

Born to Harangue

7th generation potato famine survivor 💪
This is the official Born to Harangue thread for all things Born to Harangue related 🎉. To see if you're eligible to post in this thread you must first take a Born to Harangue pop quiz. From the 24 points on offer in the quiz below, a score of at least 12 is required to pass. You may post your answers in the thread and I will PM you to let you know how well you scored :thumb:

Easy Born to Harangue questions (easy if you read my posts!!! :rage:)

. In which year was Born to Harangue born?

2. What country is Born to Harangue from? (+ one bonus point for the correct city of birth)

3. What song/performance made Born to Harangue finally start loving Eurovision in 2012: a) Euphoria by Loreen b) Love Is Blind by Donny Montell c) Love Will Set You Free by Englebert Humperdinck d) Waterline by Jedward

4. How many days of his Wordle streak is Born to Harangue approaching as of May 18th 2023: a) 300 b) 400 c) 500 d) 600

5. Which country was Born to Harangue vacationing in with his family when the 9/11 attacks occurred: a) Malta b) England c) France d) Spain

6. When Born to Harangue was a child he repeatedly watched which band's music videos on videotape: a) Hall & Oates b) Madness c) The Smiths d) Duran Duran

7. What was Born to Harangue's favourite video game as a child: a) Zombies b) The Incredible Hulk c) The Revenge of Shinobi d) World Cup 98

8. In which city was Born to Harangue's father born: a) Belfast b) Glasgow c) Birmingham d) New York

9. Which of these pop acts did Born to Harangue recently reveal that he's a fan of: a) The Chainsmokers b) Meghan Trainor c) Mariah Carey d) Taylor Dayne

Harder Born to Harangue questions where you'll need to produce some of your finest guesswork:

10. Which song does Born to Harangue consider his favourite of all time: a) The Big Hurt by Miss Toni Fisher b) When Sly Calls by Michael Franks c) Dress Down by Kaoru Akimoto d) Invitation by Uhm Jung-hwa

11. Which of these countries had Born to Harangue NOT visited with his family prior to 2002: a) Malta b) England c) France d) Spain

12. What was Born to Harangue's first ever favourite song: a) Missing by Everything But the Girl b) Saturday Night by Whigfield c) Spaceman by Babylon Zoo d) Waterfalls by TLC

13. Which of these novels that Born to Harangue read in the early 2010s does he still consider his favourite: a) The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner b) Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov c) Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse d) The Plague by Albert Camus

14. Which of these films that Born to Harangue watched in the early 2010s does he still consider his favourite: a) Bigger Than Life (dir. Nicholas Ray) b) The Earrings of Madame de... (dir. Max Ophüls) c) The Wizard of Oz (dir. Victor Fleming) d) Les Quatre Cents Coups (dir. François Truffaut)

15. What was the first WWF Wrestlemania main event that Born to Harangue remembers watching: a) Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor (WM 11) b) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 12) c) Sycho Sid vs. The Undertaker (WM 13) d) Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin (WM 14)

16. Which of these songs was #1 on the UK charts on the day Born to Harangue was born: a) It's a Sin by Pet Shop Boys b) Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You by Glenn Medeiros c) Back to Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul d) Sacrifice/Healing Hands by Elton John

17. Which of these stone cold classics (LOL!) did Morrissey NOT perform at the first Morrissey concert Born to Harangue attended (in July 2011) a) Scandinavia b) The Kid's a Looker c) Action Is My Middle Name d) People Are the Same Everywhere

18. What was the first professional soccer match that Born to Harangue attended as a spectator: a) Celtic vs. Dundee United (August 22nd 1998, Celtic Park) b) Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace (October 4th 1997, Old Trafford) c) Ireland vs. Croatia (September 5th 1998, Lansdowne Road) d) England vs. Argentina (June 30th 1998, Geoffroy-Guichard)

19. Which Smiths video did Born to Harangue see on VH1 in January 2006 which caused him immediately to become a fan of The Smiths: a) What Difference Does It Make? b) This Charming Man c) Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before d) Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

20. How old was Born to Harangue when he first had a girlfriend: a) 7 b) 9 c) 11 d) 13

21. Of these songs that are in the top 10 on Born to Harangue's unpublished "favourite singles of 1998" list, which song is placed at #1: a) Roygbiv by Boards of Canada b) Mulder and Scully by Catatonia c) Sexy Boy by Air d) Stone Cold by Groove Chronicles

And now the trivial question to end all trivial questions for which you will be awarded two points if you get the right answer:

22. Which of these reality TV stars did Born to Harangue walk past in an airport in 2002: a) Lemar Obika and Sinéad Quinn (Fame Academy) b) Brian Dowling and Narinder Kaur (Big Brother) c) Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Uri Geller (I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here) d) Hear'Say (Popstars)

Note:
If you respond to this thread by writing something like "Has Born to Harangue ever had sex: a) no b) no" I swear my head will explode!!! :rage:

Im afraid i dont read your posts, honey bunny, so i cant help you out! And i did SO want to be the expert on all things "born to Harangue"! You know, this sorta reminds me of the time viva hates chunky bird made an "ask me anything" thread and no one asked her a thing, not even about her gross ex-- only using a LOT more words

Undoubtedly your GREATEST post
Evvvver Rifkie.
I mean even my poetry thread was massively more popular that this plonkers
Drivel.
Who is interested in this fool anyway??
Yes no 4cker😂😂😂

I think he just wanted to let us all know that he's been on vacation with his family to either Malta, France , England, or Spain. Which country isn't the point. The point is that he hasn't been chained up to the radiator in his basement ALL his life (love you, honey bunny!!!!) (Though not, obviously, as much as I love nicky wire!!!!)

Question: "Born to Harangue, may I post in your thread without responding to your Born to Harangue quiz?"
Answer:

In fact, anyone posting in this thread without first providing their answers to the quiz will henceforth be placed on ignore. I could ask a moderator to send the offending posts above to the off topic thread, but I think I'll leave them for now so everyone can see what I have to put up with. A man can't even set up his own thread without people crawling in and feeling the need to post something whilst ignoring the guidelines set out in the opening post. This type of behaviour will no longer be tolerated! Anyone who wants to post in here is going to have to earn it, otherwise they can turn on their heel and march right back out the same way they came in. :rage:

Gee honey bunny, I was just trying to mitigate some of the awkwardness for you when no one responded to your quiz. I could see this was going to happen--and it would be the same if I had created this thread, and I am WAY more interesting than you--so why couldnt you is my question, considering you're SOOoooOOOooo SMRT and all!!!! The fact of the matter is that, at the end of the day, nobody cares, honey bunny!! Nobody cares!!!!

I must admit I enjoy these 1980s Ariana Grande remixes a LOT more than the original versions! The Chinese-Canadian guy who recorded these is a virtuoso. No other 1980s remixers on YouTube match up to what he was able to do. I can only marvel at his musicianship and creativity. I also respect the fact that he uploaded his remixes, got interviewed by Vice, and not long after that disappeared without a word. No new uploads in nearly six years, no hanging around putting out lower quality work and shilling his Patreon this whole time (even though if he had stuck with it he would be making a killing right now).

The originals sound bland in comparison with these remixes which could sit comfortably alongside the very best of 1980s pop music. I first heard them a couple of years ago but I've just come back to them and have listened to them about 15 times apiece over the past few days:

Either you get it or you don't!

What a sensational thread this is :laughing:

Rifkie is the only one that has replied,
And everyone knows she’s the site freak and even she has been ripping the piss out of you.

I must admit I enjoy these 1980s Ariana Grande remixes a LOT more than the original versions! The Chinese-Canadian guy who recorded these is a virtuoso. No other 1980s remixers on YouTube match up to what he was able to do. I can only marvel at his musicianship and creativity. I also respect the fact that he uploaded his remixes, got interviewed by Vice, and not long after that disappeared without a word. No new uploads in nearly six years, no hanging around putting out lower quality work and shilling his Patreon this whole time (even though if he had stuck with it he would be making a killing right now).

The originals sound bland in comparison with these remixes which could sit comfortably alongside the very best of 1980s pop music. I first heard them a couple of years ago but I've just come back to them and have listened to them about 15 times apiece over the past few days:

Either you get it or you don't!

is this what you call doubling down???

i dont know if born to harangue is as serious as they say, but i think one things likely, honey bunny, and that is that you take yourself more seriously than any of us may have thought!

He even manages to make Justin Bieber listenable. Now that's talent! If anything it just shows that what's wrong with a lot of pop music today isn't the singers, the lyrics, or even the song writing, it's the production and instrumentals (and my pet peeve: the obligatory rap verse in place of a bridge which has been a stultifying device used in pop music for 30 years).

Over the past few days I've been making a list of one song I like for each year from 1922-2022.

Here's that list, made in October 2022. I might make a second list soon because I have a word file saved on my phone from November 2022 which has 86 of the years filled with additional songs.

(For some of these 'bonus' years, when we're getting down into the early 1910s, I knew the songs but not these versions of them. Like 'Peg o' My Heart' and 'The Glow Worm', I was familiar with late '40s/early '50s versions by other musicians.)

I checked a few months ago and found that the list is 66% American; I was slightly disappointed with it because I was expecting it to be more varied than that. I would have liked French and Irish songs to be more represented on the list, for example. American artists make up 87% of my pre-60s selections. But then my second list - whenever I get around to finishing it - is likely to be just as American, if not more so 🤷‍♂️. There's not a whole lot I can do about it!

Here's a YouTube playlist with all 116 songs. (And just to be clear: they're not necessarily my favourite songs from each year; just one song that I like from each year. In some cases I went with the first songs that came to mind.)

Last edited:
I'd like to say that's not standard procedure and that it's highly irregular, but everybody else is flouting the rules and turning the thread into a free-for-all, so why shouldn't you join in.:laughing:

It is now unfortunately the standard procedure, nobody cares about my attempt to put guidelines in place, you're all anarchists. I should just rename it The Anarchy Thread at this stage:
circle-A-symbol.jpg

You might as well post if you want to, the precedent has already been set. It's out of my hands; I've lost control of my own creation. Only time will tell what I may have unleashed upon this website.
20230601_224127.jpg

Or maybe it's not all that serious, really! Teehee! 🤭

Last edited:
May I post in this thread without answering any questions, please?
You could be first to post on here. Other than Rifkie, and she don’t count as she is dumb, Born just posts questions, then answers them himself.
Born thinks he’s Michael Parkinson.
When really he is Alison Hammond.

I'd like to say that..
VERY WELL

1. In which year was Born to Harangue born? 1980. 1977. 1989. Final Answer.

. What country is Born to Harangue from? (+ one bonus point for the correct city of birth) Germany - the city those burgers come from

. What song/performance made Born to Harangue finally start loving Eurovision in 2012: a) Euphoria by Loreen b) Love Is Blind by Donny Montell c) Love Will Set You Free by Englebert Humperdinck d) Waterline by Jedward I don't know what any of those songs are, so, D.

. How many days of his Wordle streak is Born to Harangue approaching as of May 18th 2023: a) 300 b) 400 c) 500 d) 600 D.

. Which country was Born to Harangue vacationing in with his family when the 9/11 attacks occurred: a) Malta b) England c) France d) Spain Hmmm A

. When Born to Harangue was a child he repeatedly watched which band's music videos on videotape: a) Hall & Oates b) Madness c) The Smiths d) Duran Duran A. This made me change my answer to question 1

. What was Born to Harangue's favourite video game as a child: a) Zombies b) The Incredible Hulk c) The Revenge of Shinobi d) World Cup 98 Revenge of Shinobi cos it had a cool box art

. In which city was Born to Harangue's father born: a) Belfast b) Glasgow c) Birmingham d) New York D. Then your family moved back to germany.

. Which of these pop acts did Born to Harangue recently reveal that he's a fan of: a) The Chainsmokers b) Meghan Trainor c) Mariah Carey d) Taylor Dayne Meghan Trainor

Harder Born to Harangue questions where you'll need to produce some of your finest guesswork
:

10. Which song does Born to Harangue consider his favourite of all time: a) The Big Hurt by Miss Toni Fisher b) When Sly Calls by Michael Franks c) Dress Down by Kaoru Akimoto d) Invitation by Uhm Jung-hwa Idk

. Which of these countries had Born to Harangue NOT visited with his family prior to 2002: a) Malta b) England c) France d) Spain England

. What was Born to Harangue's first ever favourite song: a) Missing by Everything But the Girl b) Saturday Night by Whigfield c) Spaceman by Babylon Zoo d) Waterfalls by TLC Saturday Night because you only put one option

. Which of these novels that Born to Harangue read in the early 2010s does he still consider his favourite: a) The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner b) Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov c) Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse d) The Plague by Albert Camus Idk too hard to guess

. Which of these films that Born to Harangue watched in the early 2010s does he still consider his favourite: a) Bigger Than Life (dir. Nicholas Ray) b) The Earrings of Madame de... (dir. Max Ophüls) c) The Wizard of Oz (dir. Victor Fleming) d) Les Quatre Cents Coups (dir. François Truffaut) Idk these are too difficult, can't you ask what your favourite food is instead

. What was the first WWF Wrestlemania main event that Born to Harangue remembers watching: a) Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor (WM 11) b) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 12) c) Sycho Sid vs. The Undertaker (WM 13) d) Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin (WM 14) It's beans on toast with cheese

. Which of these songs was #1 on the UK charts on the day Born to Harangue was born: a) It's a Sin by Pet Shop Boys b) Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You by Glenn Medeiros c) Back to Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul d) Sacrifice/Healing Hands by Elton John uggghhh Gotta go back to Q1 now D

. Which of these stone cold classics (LOL!) did Morrissey NOT perform at the first Morrissey concert Born to Harangue attended (in July 2011) a) Scandinavia b) The Kid's a Looker c) Action Is My Middle Name d) People Are the Same Everywhere A

. What was the first professional soccer match that Born to Harangue attended as a spectator: a) Celtic vs. Dundee United (August 22nd 1998, Celtic Park) b) Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace (October 4th 1997, Old Trafford) c) Ireland vs. Croatia (September 5th 1998, Lansdowne Road) d) England vs. Argentina (June 30th 1998, Geoffroy-Guichard) football is dumb, also, I think you are from America now

. Which Smiths video did Born to Harangue see on VH1 in January 2006 which caused him immediately to become a fan of The Smiths: a) What Difference Does It Make? b) This Charming Man c) Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before d) Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now D

. How old was Born to Harangue when he first had a girlfriend: a) 7 b) 9 c) 11 d) 13 A awwww

. Of these songs that are in the top 10 on Born to Harangue's unpublished "favourite singles of 1998" list, which song is placed at #1: a) Roygbiv by Boards of Canada b) Mulder and Scully by Catatonia c) Sexy Boy by Air d) Stone Cold by Groove Chronicles Another multichoice with only one option!!! Catatonia, first song I got on Napster!

And now the trivial question to end all trivial questions for which you will be awarded two points if you get the right answer
:

22. Which of these reality TV stars did Born to Harangue walk past in an airport in 2002: a) Lemar Obika and Sinéad Quinn (Fame Academy) b) Brian Dowling and Narinder Kaur (Big Brother) c) Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Uri Geller (I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here) d) Hear'Say (Popstars) What does Uri Geller smell like?

How little you all know about me :pensive:. I might find it demoralising if I wasn't so used to it by now. I suppose I'll give you a special pass to post in the thread because you're the first person who actually attempted to answer the questions, although to be honest you were nowhere close to the score you would have needed to pass the quiz. I'm talking about an F level result here. This is unforgivable since I would ace a Lionsy quiz. Set one up and I'll prove it to you.

I underestimated the lack of Born to Harangue knowledge on this website and I think anyone else coming into this thread from now on should humbly recite these lyrics to me before posting anything, as a demonstration of their willingness to learn:

Last edited:
wow, honey bunny, when left to go on about yourself you really become much more cheesy and transparent then i would've previously described you. like, i can read the inner workers of your mind--the doubling down, the attempts to save face, the miscalculation of others interest in you--like a book in these last few posts, and it's pure cringe, honey bunny!!!! pure cringe!!!!!!!

shout out to @Lionsy though for being classy and good humoured enough to take on your quiz and pretend that it isnt all cringe!!!!

Back
Top Bottom