Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

She is a breath of fresh air to this place. I hope she's real but the skeptic in me worries she may be some sophisticated CBGT fuelled AI Bot, created to tease and humiliate what's left of M's fanbase. If she's real she may tire of all this and move on to something less troublesome.
Lol, I'm just a normal gal who loves and also loathes things. I don't like to be social in-person, but I do enjoy Solo! I don't know anyone in-person who likes the same things I do, so it's hard for me to make friends. I don't use social media so this is place is how I am "social" lol. Plus I love the drama!! It's fun on here.. I spend a bit too much time here though lol.

Proof I'm a real human: I wear flares too!!!! Morrissey, you aren't alone. Flare it up, baby! Flare. It. Up!
IMG_20240131_160804.jpg

Lol, I'm just a normal gal who loves and also loathes things. I don't like to be social in-person, but I do enjoy Solo! I don't know anyone in-person who likes the same things I do, so it's hard for me to make friends. I don't use social media so this is place is how I am "social" lol. Plus I love the drama!! It's fun on here.. I spend a bit too much time here though lol.

Proof I'm a real human: I wear flares too!!!! Morrissey, you aren't alone. Flare it up, baby! Flare. It. Up!
View attachment 101667
The only thing I disagree with is that you’re normal. Morrissey sang “There is no such thing as normal.”, and if you were normal, you’d be snubbing Morrissey like most people do. You’re a passionate fan, which makes you quite abnormal.

The only thing I disagree with is that you’re normal. Morrissey sang “There is no such thing as normal.”, and if you were normal, you’d be snubbing Morrissey like most people do. You’re a passionate fan, which makes you quite abnormal.
♥️Interesting! Good points. I think you're right about that. Yeah, I guess I'm kinda normal on Solo but I'm strange in real life. At least where I'm living: hick town USA. Most people 'round here listen to mainstream c***ry music, which is not my bag. 🤢

I was made to wear flares as a child, I hated them, I’m still traumatised by them flares.
They were black corduroy school trousers.
I can remember it got to the point where I would deliberately pretend to spill coffee on them so that I had to wear a pair of jeans to school.
Now every time I see a set of flares, I need counselling, medication and a nap.

I was made to wear flares as a child, I hated them, I’m still traumatised by them flares.
I can remember it got to the point where I would deliberately pretend to spill coffee on them so that I had to wear a pair of jeans to school.
Life is so cruel.

Season 3 Friends GIF by Living Single

Was it tough being a child in the 1940's?

Yes OC, it was extremely tough in the 1940s.
Very little food and money knocking about,
Prostitution and crabs were rife.
But, if you need more information RE the 1940s, then might I suggest that you speak
With The Smiths 1985, he’s much older than I. And if your lucky, he may even
Scribble you a few poems…. Good luck son.

Yes OC, it was extremely tough in the 1940s.
Very little food and money knocking about,
Prostitution and crabs were rife.
But, if you need more information RE the 1940s, then might I suggest that you speak
With The Smiths 1985, he’s much older than I. And if your lucky, he may even
Scribble you a few poems…. Good luck son.

I meant to put a ;) so you'd know it was meant in jest, but I hit "post reply" and off it went!!!
I think "Very little food and money knocking about,
Prostitution and crabs were rife" is still the case today. I've heard 85 is...85; that's where his name comes from (allegedly)
Have a good evening Baz

Do you mind me asking, privilege, which German band it is?
Not at all. It's a doom//dark jazz band called Bohren Und Der Club of Gore. Very different to M's music. Most people haven't heard of them. I have listened to them for nearly 20 years and have always wanted to see them live. Plus, the place they're playing is intimate and it looks like a stunning venue.

I think Germany has the best music scene in the world especially Berlin. Not only do some of the best bands spring from there but there are also a lot of great bands from around the world that visit and they have the best festivals for those into dark music and alternative lifestyle, etc. I would love to move to Berlin.

Last edited:
Not at all. It's a doom//dark jazz band called Bohren Und Der Club of Gore. Very different to M's music. Most people haven't heard of them. I have listened to them for nearly 20 years and have always wanted to see them live. Plus, the place they're playing is intimate and it looks like a stunning venue.

I think Germany has the best music scene in the world especially Berlin. Not only do some of the best bands spring from there but there are also a lot of great bands from around the world that visit and they have the best festivals for those into dark music and alternative lifestyle, etc. I would love to move to Berlin.

Thanks for your reply. I heard of them only very recently, possibly within the last year, but can't say their music was for me: maybe one day it will be. Saying it's very different to M's music is putting it mildly! I didn't think it was going to be einsturzende neubaten, but I was curious to find out who "your" band was. Maybe you'd like Sometimes With Others, The Necks. I won't list loads!

Oh Shit…. I’ve been Malarkeyed 😩😩😩
As much as I adore you…
I ant spending the next 548 hours even wanting to discuss this with you, your like Mohammad Ali.
Never giving in, never giving in.

But come on then….. explain 😩😩

Thanks for your reply. I heard of them only very recently, possibly within the last year, but can't say their music was for me: maybe one day it will be. Saying it's very different to M's music is putting it mildly! I didn't think it was going to be einsturzende neubaten, but I was curious to find out who "your" band was. Maybe you'd like Sometimes With Others, The Necks. I won't list loads!

Well, you can't like everything. It's all good. Yeh, maybe it'll grow on you. I have a pretty eclectic taste that veers from one extreme to another sometimes. The only stuff I really can't get away with is rap and hip hop.

I like E. Neubaten and similar artists, too. I love discovering new music so I appreciate recommendations. I had a listen. My first thoughts are that the former isn't for me but I thoroughly enjoyed the latter. Going to listen to more of their stuff so thank you.
I just read the bio of Sometimes With Others on Spotify and they sound amazing! References to David Lynch, dusty noir dramas and driving through the desert. And one of the members is Kristof Hahn from Swans! I have to have a listen to their EP. Also, a slight Morrissey connection: a guy from Gallon Drunk, one time Moz support act, has designed the sleeve for said EP.

Well, you can't like everything. It's all good. Yeh, maybe it'll grow on you. I have a pretty eclectic taste that veers from one extreme to another sometimes. The only stuff I really can't get away with is rap and hip hop.

I like E. Neubaten and similar artists, too. I love discovering new music so I appreciate recommendations. I had a listen. My first thoughts are that the former isn't for me but I thoroughly enjoyed the latter. Going to listen to more of their stuff so thank you.

You're welcome. I'm open to new artists/bands too, so it's good to get recommendations. I'm totally with you on the rap and hip hop. Enjoy your Sunday!

I just read the bio of Sometimes With Others on Spotify and they sound amazing! References to David Lynch, dusty noir dramas and driving through the desert. And one of the members is Kristof Hahn from Swans! I have to have a listen to their EP. Also, a slight Morrissey connection: a guy from Gallon Drunk, one time Moz support act, has designed the sleeve for said EP.

Their ep is very good. Aye, James Johnston did design the sleeve - it's a cool image. If you like dusty noir you may like Holy Motors (Estonian band), the first album is good. Have a good day!

Back
Top Bottom