Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

But more importantly I just hope Marianne is OK.
She’s fine. Last seen giggling and hugging in the airport. She and her accessory weren’t going to NZ so she got lucky again. She’s quick to offer her condolences, but I doubt she’d be equally as quick to accept them had the boot been on the other foot. 🥴

I spotted a post on this site calling to boycott New Zealand sue to animal rights issues posted here last night. Unfortunately I suspect Morrissey noticed it too, so this could be the reason for the cancellation? :unsure:
I really hope this is not the reason, and I'm kind of upset that you've posted it again.
NZ is not a country of cat killers!

Just embarrassing
3rd show this year cancelled due to unforseen logistical issues
One is unlucky
Two - doubtful
Three - an absolute joke

If this is an actual reason his tour manager needs to go.
It isn't though - just an absolute nonsense

And he wonders why a label won't go near him

Bavk to LA no doubt or possibly Beechmount
Tony you’re being kind here. 4 Asian shows bit the bullet in addition to Perth and now Auck. Maybe he’s still got a reoccurrence of the Mexican dengue.

I think the better bet next year would be to go and watch Viva Drake cover Quarry than take a punt on Morrissey.

Once again, the monitor boxes were too big for the cargo plane. It was not predictable. Too bad Auckland was sold out. That's more or less the explanation.
That's true. We only allow teeny-tiny bite-sized cargo into our country.... bands like U2, Pink, Adele, Queen, Ed Sheeran with all their huge monitor walls never come here. Oh, wait..:unsure:

That's true. We only allow teeny-tiny bite-sized cargo into our country.... bands like U2, Pink, Adele, Queen, Ed Sheeran with all their huge monitor walls never come here. Oh, wait..:unsure:
Haha yep I was just thinking about that!
A cargo plane from Sydney to Auckland...yeah that doesn't happen Every Day or anything?!

He really, really is a truly shitty person. I know that all the psychopaths on here would follow him into a raging inferno, but he really doesn’t give a shit about anybody else other than himself. It’s crazy to me how many people still don’t realise this.

It's at the point now where it's passed a joke/meme... For the cancellations if this tour Morrissey has not reached out to fans ONCE, no apology at all. The only mention we've got is the Perth cancelation was due to being promoted as nostalgia... which is absurd and so disrespectful for fans.

I wonder how the new band feel about these cancellations, considering they are probably on wages for show played.

I wish I could just not turn up to work, or dinner with the in-laws with the excuse of ‘unforeseen logistical issues’.

It must be nice to have the luxury of picking and choosing to honour your commitments without major consequences.

This is so bad, I feel sorry for all the fans in New Zealand and anyone who has lost time/money due to this farce. Until Morrissey sorts something out with his albums, his recording career is essentially over, and if he keeps cancelling shows/entire tours then his career as a performer is over as well.

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media item:

Media item:
In this point of time and already long time ago, people who buy tickets to his concerts are stupid. Why you complaint about the money loss? You should know already and 20 years ago already. Morrissey needs you to buy tickets fast, buy records fast, have sold out shows, top 3 chart positions & cheering at the concerts for his mental health. Moz fans are mental nurses for him. At the same time he don't have any respect for you. To him cancelling concert is nothing, not any kind of note why, no word like sorry. He should pay your costs of cancelled concert, flights, hotels. He should pay for musicians he has used as slaves. I understand mental illness, i have pleanty of that in me, but i think the main problem he has is lack of moral, he is selfish, everything is always other's fault, never his. He was world to me long time ago, but 2002 was the last interesting year for me.

I completely agree with you, many of us don't like what air travel has become but we recognize the need for it, you would think that someone who is always yammering on about terrorism would understand as well - that it's for everyone's safety.
What does he do? Claimed he was groped. which was completely debunked. Another time gets completely trashed and is yelling and making a complete ass of himself.
I hate to fly too and will happily take a gin and tonic when the flight attendant offers drinks, but one is the limit for me.
Bottle ?

I wonder how the new band feel about these cancellations, considering they are probably on wages for show played.
Would be interesting to know what sort of contract the band members have. If they have any sense they would make sure they still get paid for cancelled shows. They have travelled all that way after all and may have turned down other offers of work.

I guess I don't know why anyone would pay money to see him anymore. Same old songs, no passion, stupid pants, awful band, 50-50 chance that he shows up to disappoint you...what is the upside?

It seems that unless he winds his neck in and gives back the advance money to Capitol, his recording career is over. You would think someone in that position would bust a gut to maintain a good relationship with his remaining fans who continue to buy concert tickets.

I don't doubt he hates the bureaucracy of airports, but I find it hard to believe that for someone who once owned homes in Los Angeles, Rome and Switzerland, getting around on a plane, tanked up on booze, causes him problems. Particularly if maintaining a 5 Star nomadic lifestyle keeps his tax liability to a minimum.
If his revenue streams are declining because his career as a recording artist is over, with even no record company interest to re-issue his older material, then the need to have a nomadic lifestyle in 5 star hotels for tax purposes will end too.

Also, I would be surprised to see him do more world tours, he appears to be lacking in motivation (and energy). I hope he will do South America in 2024 for the sake of all the fans there but it is the most we can hope for. After that? Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom