Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviewing my videos from last night… is the twat who nearly pulled Morrissey over near the end of Everyday Is Like Sunday on here? What were you thinking, you fool?
He got a handshake, security start dragging him away and then he goes in for a hug.
When the invader did that, I thought Get off the stage you silly old man

In Antwerp they were all gone before the show started.
Smiths ones were, there were some Viva Hate after (but all went).

The band were not great last night. Our Frank was horrendous from up in the gods.
A little harsh that I think. First few shows I’d be included to agree, but last two have been steady: each to their own thoughts.

Unfortunately I didn't understand (again) what he said to audience after the third question :unsure:
Isn't it something like "You got 2 and half of 3, which is not very impressive (...) give us a chance". But what's the part with the computer, he put the question in his computer?

Last edited:
I suspect Morrissey was hoping people would boo Zelensky as well. He is increasingly going down the alt right wormhole, and if you look at these folks on Twitter, a huge chunk of them are pro-Putin.

If Morrissey has gone so far down that wormhole that he's pro-Putin, then this would be a new low. Brigitte Bardot was pro-Putin for a while some years back. They exchanged letters and praised each other publicly. But she pulled her support for him after the mass culling of stray dogs before Russia hosted the Olympics (and also because he wasn't coming through on her pestering him about various animal rights violations; he had been humoring her along). Morrissey, who likes Bardot, must know this. Putin is a hero for the "alt right folks on Twitter" because of his masculine, gay-stomping, meat-eating, crucifix-wearing program. If Morrissey is wandering into that section of Twitter, then he has to be put off—although, after Notre Dame, who knows.

It's possible to dislike Zelenskyy, an annoying media darling, without liking Putin. It also wouldn't surprise me if Morrissey, whose criticism of American foreign policy has always had an admirable Chomskyite tone, believes (and not without good reason) that the US and NATO goaded Russia into this hideous blunder. But that is off-topic.

artworks-000031661742-5e5cjd-t500x500.jpg

For anyone remotely interested, the pre-show documentary footage of Queenie Watts about the Isle Of Dogs, features her singing The Isle Of Dogs from her 1966 album Queen High.
Managed to track it down incase the urge to make another pre-show compilation strikes.
As obscure, hard to find records go - well done Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey didn't say Rishi Sunak..sure it had something that had egg or something about an egg but I can't recall what he said instead of Rishi??
Anyone remember??
And hey..if I am wrong I am just blaming my hearing. Easy done innit.
It was Fishy Sunak 🐟🐠

A little harsh that I think. First few shows I’d be included to agree, but last two have been steady: each to their own thoughts.
Perhaps a little harsh but there were a fair few times when either Morrissey came in too late with his singing or they were playing the music too fast. It happened on a few occasions. I'm not sure who was at fault to be honest.

Perhaps a little harsh but there were a fair few times when either Morrissey came in too late with his singing or they were playing the music too fast. It happened on a few occasions. I'm not sure who was at fault to be honest.

In many ways this is a new band, and all new bands need time to synchronize and harmonize. Remember circa 1991 (from "Live in Dallas" etc.) when Boz, Alain, and Spencer Cobrin were all new to the band as touring musicians and you can hear that looseness -- and vitality -- in their performances. We're all long since accustomed to a very tight concert performance, but back then Morrissey exploited the jangly looseness of the new band as a punkish Romantic energy.

If Morrissey has gone so far down that wormhole that he's pro-Putin, then this would be a new low. Brigitte Bardot was pro-Putin for a while some years back. They exchanged letters and praised each other publicly. But she pulled her support for him after the mass culling of stray dogs before Russia hosted the Olympics (and also because he wasn't coming through on her pestering him about various animal rights violations; he had been humoring her along). Morrissey, who likes Bardot, must know this. Putin is a hero for the "alt right folks on Twitter" because of his masculine, gay-stomping, meat-eating, crucifix-wearing program. If Morrissey is wandering into that section of Twitter, then he has to be put off—although, after Notre Dame, who knows.

It's possible to dislike Zelenskyy, an annoying media darling, without liking Putin. It also wouldn't surprise me if Morrissey, whose criticism of American foreign policy has always had an admirable Chomskyite tone, believes (and not without good reason) that the US and NATO goaded Russia into this hideous blunder. But that is off-topic.
I didn't hear it that way. I thought he meant - Fishy Sunak (rubbish), Sadiq Khan (even worse), and Zelensky (God, they may be being bombed and killed but at least in Ukraine they are fortunate enough to have a decent bloody leader).
But who knows? I don't think Moz likes politicians, period.
Edwina Currie was a politician on the right active around the time of Margaret Thatcher and John Major as prime minister so it seems obvious that Moz can dislike politicians on the right and on the left. He doesn't discriminate in his dislike of politicians.
And who can blame him?

Reviewing my videos from last night… is the twat who nearly pulled Morrissey over near the end of Everyday Is Like Sunday on here? What were you thinking, you fool?
He got a handshake, security start dragging him away and then he goes in for a hug.
That guy was a drunken mess and annoying everyone. Saw him fighting with security afterwards - I think he got chucked out.

I know whose fault it was.

Also shame on the creepy guy in the pub flaunting a piece of Moz shirt half jokingly asking the much younger girls for a blowjob for a piece of shirt. Only joking I'm sure you vile toad!

I've told my Denis before not to do this. It WILL NOT happen again.

That guy was a drunken mess and annoying everyone. Saw him fighting with security afterwards - I think he got chucked out.
Who was the female fighting at the end as well? I was 8 rows back and seemed to be something going on with security at the end (who I thought were heavy handed during stage invasions)

Bloody good gig. Morrissey on fine form and great set list. No complaints from me

I didn't hear it that way. I thought he meant - Fishy Sunak (rubbish), Sadiq Khan (even worse), and Zelensky (God, they may be being bombed and killed but at least in Ukraine they are fortunate enough to have a decent bloody leader).
But who knows? I don't think Moz likes politicians, period.
Edwina Currie was a politician on the right active around the time of Margaret Thatcher and John Major as prime minister so it seems obvious that Moz can dislike politicians on the right and on the left. He doesn't discriminate in his dislike of politicians.
And who can blame him?
I agree, I didn't hear it that way either.
On the crowd response to the Zelensky question, I think they were unsure as to how to respond &, to my ears, it was mixed. Some idiots probably had no idea who all 3 candidates were anyway & were just riding the crest of the 'boo' wave.
There were 2 obvious reasons to 'boo/jeer' (Sunak/Khan), & 1 reason to definitely not boo.
If Moz is anti-Zelensky/Ukraine (& I don't have any reason to believe he is), then I for one will be extremely surprised, & very disappointed. Zelensky should have got the biggest cheer of the night.
Slava Ukraini!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was the female fighting at the end as well? I was 8 rows back and seemed to be something going on with security at the end (who I thought were heavy handed during stage invasions)

Bloody good gig. Morrissey on fine form and great set list. No complaints from me
Did you see the girl get pulled from the stage and land on her back. Must have hurt that! They were heavy handed after the fella almost pulled him over. They will no doubt be tonight now too.

Back
Top Bottom