Justin Hawkins YT: "The Rick Astley Interview" - Morrissey/Smiths mentions (January 29, 2024)

The times they are a changing. I would pay to see Rick Astley front the remaining Smiths, sans Morrissey. It would be fun!
it would be karaoke and certainly not fun tom.

it would be karaoke and certainly not fun tom.
Bah humbug! Life is short, get handsome!
1707483838653.png

The times they are a changing. I would pay to see Rick Astley front the remaining Smiths, sans Morrissey. It would be fun!

No, I wouldn't.

I think it's disrespectful to push an artist out of their own work - even if they've fallen into scandal.

It's also giving the scandal a platform.

No, I wouldn't.

I think it's disrespectful to push an artist out of their own work - even if they've fallen into scandal.

It's also giving the scandal a platform.
Steve Perry was pushed out of his own work, he wanted to carry on and was fired so how Journey handled that situation is a disgrace--as much as I don't like the music of Journey. The same cannot be said about Morrissey. He refuses to have The Smiths play their music live so he's given us no alternative. Morrissey said so himself, Without The Music Of The Smiths, The World Dies.

Ultravox are also touring without Midge Ure.
But with Andy gone the chances of Mike and Johnny getting back together and asking another singer are below zero percent.

Ultravox are also touring without Midge Ure.
But with Andy gone the chances of Mike and Johnny getting back together and asking another singer are below zero percent.

Johnny's never suggested getting a Smiths type thing together so not sure why anyones even talking about it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom