Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:

:church:

For the pre-show, what was the music video they played of a woman singing a song in front of a psychedelic background? It was an older song but it had a terrifically catchy chorus and I'd love to know what it was. I think it was after To Sir With Love.

I don't pretend to know him, but I'd imagine Morrissey would rather retire tomorrow than do the "greatest hits" tour many of you are clamoring for.

Also, 19 songs: I'd argue that 6 are some of his "greatest" solo songs, and the 5 Smiths' songs are classics by default, the remaining 8 are a mix of slightly more obscure and/or new material. Which isn't a bad mix, it is just repetitive if you go to multiple gigs.

Just get rid of Jessie, his band now are fantastic, they look and sound great. Tobias' guitar tone just ruins every song. A complete Moz rebrand would be brilliant, scrape the 40 Year Of... tour, do Morrissey - The Singles Tour, play the stuff we all want to hear and also the songs that casual listeners can identify with. Piccadilly Palare, Sing Your Life, Dagenham Dave, Interesting Drug.

He could more than easily play bigger venues and festivals with the right setlist - get back in favour and probably do quite well when a new album is finally released.

For the pre-show, what was the music video they played of a woman singing a song in front of a psychedelic background? It was an older song but it had a terrifically catchy chorus and I'd love to know what it was. I think it was after To Sir With Love.
fwd will know,he will probably give you the info later.

Why doesn't he take a creative leap? Why not jump into a completely new dynamic with a new band (Brendan's been a nice addition but everyone else can very much GO). How about new collaborators and a new producer?

Every concert is pretty much the same as the tour before it with only small changes. Why not a new set design, new lighting, new clothes? A new aesthetic?

Everything about the guy the last decade (or more) is so stale. So repetitive, so boring. I feel he's wasting the last number of years that he can do all this stuff.

Morrissey is so worn out but I don't think it's too late for him to change things up. He can have an exciting resurgence but he's somehow not interested in it. That's frustrating and extremely disappointing.
if he wakens in the morning with a pulse hes doing well and you want him to change everything from top to bottom,at his age this aint happening,a new wardrobe,its not joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat,second thought that could be a good look.

if he wakens in the morning with a pulse hes doing well and you want him to change everything from top to bottom,at his age this aint happening,a new wardrobe,its not joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat,second thought that could be a good look.
He's 10 years younger than Springsteen and 3 years older than Tom Cruise. He just looks elderly because he's lazy.

Not sure why you pap on about his age, Peter Hook is 67 and gets around the stage like he is 20, he will also play 35 songs on his substance tour playing for at least 2.5 hours.

He's 10 years younger than Springsteen and 3 years older than Tom Cruise. He just looks elderly because he's lazy.
springsteen is hardly a mover on stage and the cruise missile is an alien invented by scientologists.
tom would put 40 year olds to shame,but you dont get like that without being at the gym everyday.
morrisseys fitness regime is reaching for the remote control to change channels,everybodies different.

Not sure why you pap on about his age, Peter Hook is 67 and gets around the stage like he is 20, he will also play 35 songs on his substance tour playing for at least 2.5 hours.
give it up with hooky,dont take this the wrong way but nobody is interested.

I think a better point of comparison is Moz's old pal Robert Smith: both are the same age and Smith plays both more songs and longer ones. I love Girlfriend In A Coma and Please Please Please as much as anyone but combined theyre still only half as long as Pictures Of You.

I think it's a slap in the face of the fans that he bills it as 40 years of Morrissey, travels halfway across the world, and still serves up the same patchy, short setlist he was doing back in July. A slap in the face, but not a surprise.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom