Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Marr can sing just fine, he just doesn't sing like Morrissey. Nor does Marr bring the pathos to the songs like Morrissey can because Marr hasn't been a self-sabotaging f*ck-up all his life.

If you want your best entertainment value, go see Marr, is band is incredible and he plays the Smiths songs you want to hear. If you want to celebrate or wallow in (take your pick) the song stylings of a lifelong narcissist with a beautiful voice and a way with words, go see Morrissey and stop complaining about the setlist, he's not going to listen to you.
I never mentioned the set list.

If it’s accepted that ‘the lads’ were Alain, Spencer and Gary (Boz never previously being part of that recruited band), then it’s dissolution was arguably quite rapid.
I just meant in and out and back in again and out again etc. Individuals as opposed to the whole band out at one moment.

Nothing more "Morrissey-solo" like users complaining about the setlists of shows they didn't attend.

I think it's more about expecting a bit more than a rehash of the last dates on a tour billed as 40 years of Morrissey. As I posted somewhere else on the site, I saw The Smiths 2 and a bit times and last saw Morrissey last October with a lot of gigs in between. This set list doesn't feel like a good reflection of the last 40 years to me. This tour could have been a stunning review of his career.

I understand the disappointment in the lack of variety in songs played. Especially considering the opportunity that "40 Years of Morrissey" seemed to offer. However, I don't think the average show attendee is on here every show to see what was played. So maybe it's not such a disappointment for the actual crowd at the show? While he's been playing the same basic setlist for 2 years... he's not returning to any of the same cities and replaying it again... or has he?
London Oct 2022
London Mar 2023
London July 2023

How empty our lives would be without Morrissey ...

“Stop touching me…”

(OP note: FB video added to Vimeo as not viewable otherwise - FWD)

Not sure what was happening there but I was at a Suede concert once, and I was second row standing and this weirdo in front kept turning around and telling people to stop touching her. In the front row up against the barrier. I told her maybe she'd be happier sitting at home with a Suede CD.

Not sure what was happening there but I was at a Suede concert once, and I was second row standing and this weirdo in front kept turning around and telling people to stop touching her. In the front row up against the barrier. I told her maybe she'd be happier sitting at home with a Suede CD.
People make you laugh, the amount of gigs I've been to where you're near the front and you get some cock turn round looking like you've just sexually assaulted them. Youre at a gig, at the front, with lots of people around you, what do you expect?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom