Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
No point getting one's hopes up for the 'special' shows, even if they go ahead it'll be the same sort of setlist we got last summer with hardly any nod towards BWD. You watch.

Not so much anxiety, the photo isn't too bad. Let's wait for Moz's next steps, but let's let it move if it doesn't... I think it's time for a report, even if it was done by your nephew or the FD explaining it. Clarify what happened with the previous tour and what you plan to do. If you're still in the race. Move Moz!!

Thanks, that clears things up quite a bit.

I wonder if he’ll have the nerve to set up these BWD shows in LA, after the two Quarry anniversary cancellations. That would be folly.
If he doubles down and tries to play these "special shows" in LA again, which was conservatively, arrogant and ill-advised after sticking it to the fans at The Greek, someone should point out there are still plenty of hens to provide for more egg on the face. I pray new management will save him from making the same mistake twice. If he's going to do these shows, they should take place in London and another wildcard city (Paris would have been perfect based on the content of the record)... maybe New York if he insists on playing the US (mainly because it's not LA and the fans are still not over the walk-offs/cancelations). Manchester would be an obviously comfortable choice if they want people to show up in numbers.
Which players he decides to serve up is another story 🫣

As for the artwork, whether he had anything to do with it's creation, he's at least endorsing it and that's not promising, either. The original, as others have noted, was a classic. It would have even been better if the re-issue would just have kept the same artwork, but changed the color scheme.

I'm happy it's being re-issued for those that don't have the original... the band/show were amazing at that time. It just seems like such an amazing record should be treated with more respect that what that new artwork suggests.

I haven't played it for years but from what I remember this is a great live album good set, great sound recording from a very strong time in Morrissey's history. The only negative I see is the new artwork, uninspiring photograph from the wrong era?

I could also do two. Shows in South America, for example, Argentina, where sales sold out and we are still waiting, and in another country, Chile or Brazil. And then go back to rest to continue with a few more shows in Europe. And so on, little by little, but fulfilling commitments and resting. There is a saying that goes: he who encompasses much squeezes little; Moz dale!!!!!!Ponete las pilas Moz!!!

Yes, you could well be right. Warner purchased Parlophone in 2013, so it is also very possible that no one in Camp Moz has even been involved in this, it's just Warner going through the anniversary list. But who knows? It is tempting to hope that it is maybe a sign of something else going on in the background. We can but hope.

That is my guess that Camp Morrissey is not involved in this release.

As noted, Paris will be more than busy with hosting the Olympics this summer, hotels are extremely expensive around that time, so not a good time for a concert.
Knowing Morrissey, the two shows will be scheduled for Paris, Texas - just for a hoot. But wherever it turns out to be, I wouldn't bother with expensive hotels - there's a high probability he'll cancel and the shows will never go ahead anyway.

In Buddhism orange it means enlightenment, and the pursuit of knowledge. Buddhist monks wear orange attire. In metaphysics, it represents creativity on its positive side and falsehood on its negative side. That album is very good, last year I listened to it a lot and "Espadas" is an even better album than Bethoven!!

Orange? Are you talking about his shirt? Because I'm not sure that's orange. Maybe you mean his face.

Knowing Morrissey, the two shows will be scheduled for Paris, Texas - just for a hoot. But wherever it turns out to be, I wouldn't bother with expensive hotels - there's a high probability he'll cancel and the shows will never go ahead anyway.
Paris is full of rats. If Moz sings "Jack..., he must be careful not to repeat rats, rats, rats... You could have a rat invasion scenario. Can you imagine the spectacle!!!!

Back
Top Bottom