Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to know who has a say in what image is chosen and the criteria.

And seriously, what's going on with the black lines?

No I agree. I was saying he does embrace it, with not interfering by artificial means. Though at the same time he won’t embrace the idea of using recent images.

can’t see him wearing a wig all of a sudden, if that’s what you mean.

this is a silly conversation

You've just reminded me of this image. I actually thought he'd had work done when I first saw this. It has shades of the Human Ken Doll, and left me terribly confused.

1000006835.jpg

Sam never could quite get a handle on using photoshop.

I mean was it even in any way real, or what was the story behind that image? It's definitely not him, surely (or aspects of it)

I remember being relieved when I saw the next actual photo of him, which left me wondering what that was all about.

Great to have the prospect of him doing live gigs (im guessing one Paris and one London (or Manc), definitely fancy this
Will be interesting to see who the band will be for the shows

That is one awful album cover , given how photogenic Moz is, to pick such an awful image , it’s absolutely crazy , lazy like the maladjusted original album , smacks of not giving a toss , just print it out and the hardcore will be buying it in the various formats for the collection / nice money maker

I mean was it even in any way real, or what was the story behind that image? It's definitely not him, surely (or aspects of it)

I remember being relieved when I saw the next actual photo of him, which left me wondering what that was all about.

can only speculate that at that time M asked Sam to fix it up a little, and failed.

Maybe this time, they will not mix the Zenith gig with the Astoria one as it was done back then.
Yeah - a way to actually give this release some value would be to make it an expanded 2 CD set: The entire Zenith gig on Disc 1, and the entire London show on Disc 2.

Back
Top Bottom