Do you think Morrissey is an alcoholic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Is Morrissey a drunkard?

• Total voters
Very close poll, 10 votes to yes and 9 votes to no, after I voted.

I'm not sure he is an alcoholic, all I will say is it would explain a few things if he was.

I think it's a fair question and I think there are minor indicators that he could be, but not enough of them. He definitely enjoys drinking; that much can't be debated, but "alcoholic" is a serious term. I'm not saying I think it's impossible, but it doesn't seem like there's that much to go on as far as making a beyond the shadow of a doubt conclusion.

Frankly, the AIDS theory is more plausible, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. Again, I'm not saying that I think he has AIDS or that there is enough to go on to say he does, but to me that's a more plausible idea based on the evidence we do have than saying he is an alcoholic.

I don't know what to think anymore

cheers guys

It's baffling, isn't it. The 'has Morrissey got AIDS thread' was so much more warm-hearted.

It's baffling, isn't it. The 'has Morrissey got AIDS thread' was so much more warm-hearted.

It's just the devil. He's more scared of himself than us. Don't sweat it. :thumb:

We're all so impressed with your ability to conjure ancient threads.

And an alcoholic is someone who drinks too much. Look up English Dictionary.

This. The constant need to dust-off archaic threads and add hyperlinks is nauseating. Then the inability not to attempt to correct someone at the same time points to some serious mental disorder. If she likes dusting things off and blowing the moths away, she should start with her slack pussy and get herself a shag - that's clearly what's needed. Stupid f***ing spinster.

There is a huge gulf between using alcohol and becoming alcoholic. If he was the latter, we would know about it. Assuming, for arguments sake that we are looking at a Functioning Alcoholic. The man cannot buy a candle without the fact being recorded somewhere online. His dress, manner, and smell written down for posterity. In interviews he has become the subject of observational scrutiny beyond the norm. Do you really think up until now he has got away with it, and if it wasn't for the pesky kids on Solo ...?

The Guardian Roadie piece brought to our attention an event where the writer, who was new to the entourage, was encouraged to engage in an alcoholic binge ritual. I read it at the time as a bit of a masculine ice breaker. And let's not forget, this article was written in response to rejection from the tour. So, if Morrissey had a drink problem, then surely when on the subject of drinking with him, this would have been exposed. It wasn't.

As for Gallaghers latest comment. He is prone to talk in rather exaggerated terms. As a Mancunian who grew up in the shaddow of The Smiths, he would have been aware of the man who had lived a few streets from himself, with a fondness for tea and literature. So here he is, watching that same man pouring himself an over generous drink. So what?

This. The constant need to dust-off archaic threads and add hyperlinks is nauseating. Then the inability not to attempt to correct someone at the same time points to some serious mental disorder. If she likes dusting things off and blowing the moths away, she should start with her slack pussy and get herself a shag - that's clearly what's needed. Stupid f***ing spinster.

To be fair, I think in this instance the dredging of the archive was appropriate.

To my mind, the conversation went a little like

Prisoner77: Hey I posted a thread about this years ago!
Kewpie: You did! I found it. Here it is.

But you know, with more grammatical errors....

I'm not sure. I don't really see enough evidence to suggest that he is. He'd surely be caught on stage and on camera looking worse for wear a lot more often, but doing a quick search on 'Morrissey drunk' doesn't come up with much to support this claim. Either that or he must be able to handle his drink really well. I live next door to an alcoholic and there's no denying that he's one!

On a separate note I don't think he's in a very good place in his life. I think he knows he should probably give up touring but then what else would he do? I get the distinct impression that touring and keeping himself busy by being around his fans keeps him sane. I think he'd be much more inclined to become an alcoholic if he stopped touring altogether.

To be fair, I think in this instance the dredging of the archive was appropriate.

To my mind, the conversation went a little like

Prisoner77: Hey I posted a thread about this years ago!
Kewpie: You did! I found it. Here it is.

But you know, with more grammatical errors....

It was more like:

Prisoner77: Hey, I posted a thread about this years ago!
Kewpie: Nope. You specifically asked if Morrissey drunk too much.

Hello, I’m Anonymous… and I’m an alcoholic :/

I thought that alcoholism had to do with frequency as well as quantity. I drink most days of the week even if just a little which means I can hold a drink like any big Mancunian. Okay maybe not a pint. :(

I have a friend who says you’re an alcoholic when you drink alone but I think it’s bs and just an excuse to drag me to bars because he can’t face his own drinking problem, lol.

As Morrissey is a bit of a control freak though it’s hard to imagine him getting totally pissed. In public anyway.

He’s human and has addictions. Shouldn’t we talk more about his internet one? It’s better than it used to be but I think it’s still here . Mwah!

Oh…One addiction he has I don’t have is… shopping. He’s a big fan of retail therapy, I think it’s a bit sad! And don’t think it solves things like a real doc for da head would … Or a good drink! Cheers! :)

If by alcoholic you mean delusional and surrounded by yes men, than yes.....he is.

If by alcoholic you mean delusional and surrounded by yes men, than yes.....he is.
Who is delusional?
Have you got proof? Are you sure?

To be honest I wouldn't blame him if he actually was, considering all the jackshite comments on here, supposedly to be a fandom forum.

Back
Top Bottom