Do you think Morrissey is an alcoholic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Is Morrissey a drunkard?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1074

Many of us have gone to shows where he has seemed visibly intoxicated.
A former roadie once spoke of the drinking games Morrissey plays before each show.
For Christ's sake...even Noel Gallagher is in awe of how much Morrissey drinks!

Do you think Morrissey is an alcoholic?

Simply put, no.
Having worked with people with addictive issues, I would expect behaviours to be present more consistently than people are speculating about.
A few incidents of what people think is drunken behaviour does not constitute a problem for the person concerned.
Given the amount of gigs the man has done WITHOUT slurring words, falling over etc, no signs of petechial rash or visible shaking et al, I think people have simply seen things and extrapolated what they want to think from visual clues.
Being eccentric and liking a drink are not the same as relying on drink to get through a day.
If he can get through gigs, respond to fans sensibly and generally interact with the world without causing too much concern then there is no issue here.
Illness and cancelling gigs are a different issue. Who can forget the meningitis 'scare'!?
Just my 2pence/cents.
(As for Noel Gallagher... I personally think he trots out these quips to look cool. I lost respect for him after continually reading how he saw Moz as 'god like', yet could not pick a Smiths album in his top ten favourite albums. I think he would attend the opening of an envelope if it made him look current).
If I was to speculate about what people think is alcoholism (which I doubt), I would guess a few drinks mixed with various prescribed meds messing with your blood stream might create what is being described.
Regards,
FWD

Deal with it.

inside-21-3.jpg

Typical Viva, calling him a “drunkard”. Morrissey likes to drink, so what? It’s not like he’s been found passed out on a park bench drenched in his own urine.

I do think he might be.
As the poster on another thread said, the bleeding ulcer and barratt's esophagus he has suffered from are quite common with heavy drinkers.
His strange behaviour, although also an indicator of his mental illness I.e. depression could show an underlying addiction.
The varying degrees of people who have commented on is drinking habits can't all be wrong or lying...

I'm not sure we will ever know.
Perhaps he has flown back to London to rehab?

Perhaps he has flown back to London to rehab?

I wonder if the belly laugh I just laughed at this theory is what people do when they read my symbolism thread? :D

A former roadie once spoke of the drinking games Morrissey plays before each show.

I wonder if he's good at flip cup? Or King's Cup. Six is dicks! Four is whores! Being a HA he'd technically have to drink with both, no wonder he gets so shitty so fast. :D I'd kick his ass at beer pong. Just sayin'. :cool:

Alcohol is probably why Morrissey's voice has been deteriorating in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom