Do you think Morrisseys book will address his sexuality?

R

Redseal

I feel like this is the elephant in the room. Long discussed, and often lyrical content. Yet, this book is written from the man himself. How open do you think he will be about his sexual encounters?

A little bit of boys...a little bit of girls...a whole lot of nothing...

No. I do not. His ambiguity is too large a part of his projected self-image for him to do so.

Hah. This is probably the most lucid take I've ever read. Occam's razor is my implement of choice, and this fits perfectly.

Not that my hypotheses matter but I've always thought Moz' flirting MO is to send an "I want to meet you" (or more like "Morrissey wants to meet you") invite to someone he finds attractive, meet them in their environment, maybe even get photographed together. If something happens, it happens, if not, shrug and move on. This mainly seems to be sports figures (surprised nobody has ever listed them up), but occasionally other musicians. Mostly men, but that's probably just because there's a greater chance what they're doing in the public eye is beguiling to him.

A little bit of boys...a little bit of girls...a whole lot of nothing...

It would be career suicide, like a stage magician explaining how he does all his tricks. Nobody would then go see him; all mystery gone.

My take is that I imagine him being attracted to androgynous types in the 80s, then definitely the skinhead boxer types in the 90s. I'd be surprised if his ratio of female: male sexual partners is more than 1:5. Who's he shagging now, or is he literally shagged out?

Last edited:
It would be career suicide, like a stage magician explaining how he does all his tricks. Nobody would then go see him; all mystery gone.

My take is that I imagine him being attracted to androgynous types in the 80s, then definitely the skinhead boxer types in the 90s. I'd be surprised if his ratio of female: male sexual partners is more than 1:5. Who's he shagging now, or is he literally shagged out?

You only go to his shows because you don't know who he is sleeping with?

I’m not going to debate whether he should include his sexual life or not, I just know I would LOVE to read about it.

Back
Top Bottom