Morrissey Central "BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, RIP" (February 13, 2023) - Morrissey vs Capitol Records

20C9B95B-45BE-4406-B21F-065BD6184F78.jpeg

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) proudly promotes Sam Smith’s ‘satanism’; yet they consider the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ to be their biggest threat and they will not release it despite their contractual obligation and promise to do so.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
These Central posts are becoming exhausting at this stage.

MORRISSEY: I don't understand. I came here to share my music, to connect with people. Why are you all acting like this?

ISLANDER: We have our own ways here. Our own beliefs. And we do not welcome outsiders.

Morrissey feels a growing sense of danger, but he is determined to make his voice heard.

MORRISSEY: I won't be silenced. I won't be intimidated. I'll make sure the world hears my music.

INT. PAGAN TEMPLE - NIGHT

Morrissey is led to a pagan temple at the heart of the island. He is surrounded by robed figures and an ominous air.

MORRISSEY: What is this place? What's going on?

ISLANDER: You will see soon enough. We have a ritual to perform.

Morrissey starts to panic, but he is held down by the islanders as they begin to chant.

MORRISSEY: Let me go! What is this madness?

But it is too late. Morrissey is led to the center of the temple, where a massive bonfire is already burning. A choir, led by Sam Smith, begins to sing Morrissey's song "Bonfire of Teenagers" in a hauntingly beautiful melody.

Morrissey realizes too late that he is being set up as the sacrifice for the islanders' pagan ritual. He struggles to break free, but it is too late. The islanders push him towards the flames, and he goes up in a blaze of fire.

The choir continues to sing Morrissey's song as the islanders dance around the bonfire, celebrating their victory.

FADE TO BLACK.

THE END.

LOL

To all those crying "homophobia!": people (plus Morrissey Central) don't have an issue with Sam Smith because he is gay, they have an issue with him because he is annoying, stupid and vulgar.

Again - how is it gonna help the cause putting other artists down? Like with the initial Miley-post on Central it's just dragging someone more or less unrelated into the conversation to make them look bad and himself good. And also again, I couldn't care less for Sam Smith (don't even know anything about him) but as far as I can see he has absolutely nothing to do with the Bonfire disaster. And as with Miley Ms fans come for him because M said so. I don't know when or why the line to lashing out at other people has been crossed, but it makes M look like a desperate, bitter and jealous man and there is really no need for that. He was and could continue to be great in his own right if he just played the game a little.

The comparison is relevant. Capitol won't sign scandalous Morrissey but are more than happy to sign scandalous Sam Smith. The point they (Morrissey Central) are making is that one kind of "scandalous" seems to be more accepted than the other. Which is a fair point to be raised.

If money was a deciding factor here why would Capitol have agreed to release it at first? Surely they would have made that analysis before buying the rights for it?

Again - how is it gonna help the cause putting other artists down? Like with the initial Miley-post on Central it's just dragging someone more or less unrelated into the conversation to make them look bad and himself good. And also again, I couldn't care less for Sam Smith (don't even know anything about him) but as far as I can see he has absolutely nothing to do with the Bonfire disaster. And as with Miley Ms fans come for him because M said so. I don't know when or why the line to lashing out at other people has been crossed, but it makes M look like a desperate, bitter and jealous man and there is really no need for that. He was and could continue to be great in his own right if he just played the game a little.
The Miley incident does seem to be key to all this. As others have pointed out, the announcement that Miley wanted her vocals removed and Moz cutting his relationship with Capitol were contemporaneous:

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.

I reckon it was Miley's lawyer who explained to Capitol just why the title track of BOT was so sensitive and inflammatory and why therefore Miley didn't want to be associated with the album. Miley is good friends with Ariana Grande. I just don't think Capitol previously appreciated what BOT was 'about'. Capitol then told Moz - Miley wants her vocals to be removed, and also we are no longer releasing the album. Moz then released the statement on December 24th titled 'Miley is a punk rocker' quoted above.
It's understandable that Moz is upset and angry. But the fact he is not suing suggests the contract he signed with Capitol was a very weak one and did not contain a definite commitment to release the album in every eventuality. Capitol no doubt will argue that they are not releasing the album because they think it might cause undue upset and distress to victims and relatives of the terror attack. Look at the damages awarded to the victims of Sandy Hook. Different I know - Moz is not suggesting the terror attack was faked or anything like that - but causing distress to victims and relatives is something any record label will be wary of. BOT was being touted around for the highest bidder for months. Did Moz get desperate and bite Capitol's hand off without checking the small print?

The comparison is relevant. Capitol won't sign scandalous Morrissey but are more than happy to sign scandalous Sam Smith. The point they (Morrissey Central) are making is that one kind of "scandalous" seems to be more accepted than the other. Which is a fair point to be raised.
I think you're right that this is the point which Central was trying to make. But whoever wrote that Central post (whether Morrissey, SER, or Dodwell) did their job so f***ing badly that it just ended up making Morrissey sound even more ridiculous.

I mean, just this phrase alone:

the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’
is just utter, utter bollocks. There's nothing "factual" about:

Oh, you should've seen her leave for the arena
And the way she turned and waved and smiled "Goodbye, goodbye"

It's a lyric, it's a song, it's evocative, but it's not "factual".

If you're going to make an argument but can't be arsed to articulate it properly, you only have yourself (or your nephew, or your lackey) to blame.

This is really true, he is dragging people who have nothing to do with it and it's making him look bad.

With Miley, it was a legal issue and what it sounds like is it was ok for her to be uncredited, but then he told the entire world on stage and on Central and it had to be dealt with. I really don't think that's her fault.

Sam Smith has literally nothing to do with it, he is just another artist signed to Capitol, I guess? Morrissey was too until he severed ties, he said on Central he chose to sever ties. This has nothing to do with Sam Smith and the devil.

We can get into other things too like Morrissey getting signed then reverting to his usual behavior like walking off stage, canceling shows, complaining about the record company and his management, none of which have anything to do with Sam Smith.

Or how about when he said Miley said she was not at the Manchester show 'because she is not into that stuff' but she was there and she is bffs with Ariana Grande. Or Morrissey outing some alleged spat Miley is having with someone.

There a list of highly problematic behavior associated with this album and it can all be attributed to Morrissey. It can probably mostly be fixed by Morrissey too if he would be willing. He can probably release the album if he just agrees to some things like his agent or whatever agent that was on twitter said.

I would rather stick hot pokers in my eyes and ears than watch or listen to Miley Cyrus or Sam Smith, but they definitely are not the cause of Morrissey's problems.

I wonder if Fiona Dodwell is a ChatGPT AI entity that Morrissey programs to impersonate a 'journalist-investigative reporter' ?

If Sam Smith offers Morrissey some Nordic festival support slots this summer and the 'record company ' offers to fly Ms Dodwell to do 'press & PR'....it's not likely to end well...

No. Where did someone from Capitol actually say the album or Morrissey is too scandalous? That's all his own narrative. I think it's petty and childish to point at someone who has obviously some success and find something bad in it, because he himself struggles at this point. Nobody knows what Sam Smith has as a contract and nobody knows what Morrissey has a for a contract and what happens behind the scenes. Maybe Sam Smith brings more money in, has a lot more fans at this point and maybe he also had to jump through several hoops for Capitol which Morrissey refuses. It's just a bad comparison because they are just not comparable. And again- bashing someone for an outfit/performace choice, wheras M himself always praises Linder's meat dress with the strap-on? Come on, let Morrissey be Morrissey and Sam Smith be Sam Smith.

ChatGPT: 'Compose a press release in the prose style of Morrissey which complains about a global conspiracy to thwart the release of his latest album in a paranoid and irrational manner , naming 'Capitol Records' as the main suspect. Then turn the press release into a lyric for a Morrissey song.

Press Release:

Morrissey Lashes Out Against Global Conspiracy to Suppress Latest Album

Morrissey, the iconic singer and songwriter, has come out swinging against a global conspiracy that he believes is working to suppress the release of his latest album. In a recent statement, Morrissey accused Capitol Records of spearheading a nefarious campaign to thwart his artistic vision and prevent his loyal fans from hearing his latest work.

According to Morrissey, the conspiracy extends far beyond Capitol Records and involves a complex web of powerful interests that are determined to silence his voice and control the music industry. He cites a litany of examples, from executives who refuse to return his phone calls to radio stations that refuse to play his songs, as evidence of a sinister plot to keep him from reaching his audience.

"Capitol Records is the prime suspect in this heinous crime against me and my music," Morrissey declared. "But they are not acting alone. There are shadowy forces at work here, behind the scenes, pulling the strings and manipulating the system. They are determined to silence me and keep my message from the people."

Morrissey's allegations have sparked a fierce debate in the music industry, with some dismissing his claims as paranoid and unfounded, while others argue that he has been the victim of a coordinated campaign of harassment and sabotage.'

'Can you rephrase the lyrics to an Eminem rap?'

Verse 1: "Capitol Records, always on my case, Conspiring against me, tryna put me in my place, My new album, they wanna hide and delete, But I won't stay silent, I won't retreat.

Chorus: There's a global conspiracy, To shut me up and make me history, But I won't let them take my crown, I'll keep on rapping, taking 'em down.

Verse 2: They won't return my calls, they won't give me a chance, Radio won't play my hits, they tryna choke my advance, But I won't give up, I'll keep on pushing, My rhymes will flow, my words will keep on buzzing.

Chorus: There's a global conspiracy, To shut me up and make me history, But I won't let them take my crown, I'll keep on rapping, taking 'em down.

Bridge: I won't stay silent, I won't give in, My beats will drop, my flow will spin, And though they try to bring me down, I won't stop now, I'll keep on the crown.

Chorus: There's a global conspiracy, To shut me up and make me history, But I won't let them take my crown, I'll keep on rapping, taking 'em down!"

Excellent. Now I'd like this press release in the style of a movie script based on 'The Wicker Man' which ends with Morrissey being immolated on a pagan bonfire ritual whilst a choir led by Sam Smith sings his song 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'...

FADE IN:

EXT. ISOLATED ISLAND - DAY

Morrissey arrives on a secluded island in the middle of the ocean, eager to unveil his latest album to the world. He is greeted by an eerie silence and the cold gaze of the island's inhabitants.

MORRISSEY: What is this place? Why are you all staring at me?

ISLANDER: You are not welcome here, stranger. You bring with you the stench of the modern world.

Morrissey looks around, feeling increasingly uneasy.

MORRISSEY: I don't understand. I came here to share my music, to connect with people. Why are you all acting like this?

ISLANDER: We have our own ways here. Our own beliefs. And we do not welcome outsiders.

Morrissey feels a growing sense of danger, but he is determined to make his voice heard.

MORRISSEY: I won't be silenced. I won't be intimidated. I'll make sure the world hears my music.

INT. PAGAN TEMPLE - NIGHT

Morrissey is led to a pagan temple at the heart of the island. He is surrounded by robed figures and an ominous air.

MORRISSEY: What is this place? What's going on?

ISLANDER: You will see soon enough. We have a ritual to perform.

Morrissey starts to panic, but he is held down by the islanders as they begin to chant.

MORRISSEY: Let me go! What is this madness?

But it is too late. Morrissey is led to the center of the temple, where a massive bonfire is already burning. A choir, led by Sam Smith, begins to sing Morrissey's song "Bonfire of Teenagers" in a hauntingly beautiful melody.

Morrissey realizes too late that he is being set up as the sacrifice for the islanders' pagan ritual. He struggles to break free, but it is too late. The islanders push him towards the flames, and he goes up in a blaze of fire.

The choir continues to sing Morrissey's song as the islanders dance around the bonfire, celebrating their victory.

FADE TO BLACK.

THE END.

That's very evocative! Can we now have a coda scene where Morrissey delivers a speech at The Brits music awards in 2024 where he thanks himself for winning, dusmisses Taylor Swift as a music industry AI songwriter android, praises his fans for rioting outside the recent Grammy Awards and announces the release of the second installment of his 'Autobiography', quoting from his 'Bad Sex l' award for his gothic novel 'List Of The Lost'.

FADE IN:

INT. O2 ARENA - NIGHT

The Brits Music Awards are in full swing. Morrissey takes the stage, dressed in a flamboyant suit, as the audience cheers and applauds.

MORRISSEY: Thank you, thank you. I know you're all thrilled that I won this award

. And you should be. Let's face it, who else could it be? Not Taylor Swift, the AI songwriter android who's been fed a few formulas by the industry and turned into a superstar. Not Adele, who's too busy singing about her exes. It's me, Morrissey, the only artist who matters.

The audience cheers again, as Morrissey waves his hand and continues his speech.

MORRISSEY: And let me tell you, my fans are the only ones who truly understand me. Thank you for rioting outside the Grammys, for showing the world that you won't be silenced. I love you all.

The crowd roars in approval, as Morrissey takes a deep breath and smiles.

MORRISSEY: And now, the moment you've been waiting for. The release of the second installment of my autobiography. You'll be pleased to know that it's even more scandalous than the first one. I'm quoting from my 'Bad Sex l' award-winning novel 'List Of The Lost', and you won't believe what's in there.

The audience is stunned, as Morrissey grins and holds up a copy of the book.

MORRISSEY: So go ahead, buy it, read it, and be outraged. That's what I do best. Thank you and goodnight.

The crowd cheers as Morrissey exits the stage, confident and unapologetic.

FADE TO BLACK.

THE END.

Another film scene requiring dialogue. Morrissey and Miley Cyrus are at a restaurant in Malibu arguing about Miley's inability to allow her vocals to appear on a Morrissey song called 'I Am Veronica'. Miley suggests that Morrissey joins Tik-Tok, orders a fish entrée and then is stunned as Morrissey runs crying to the bathroom.

[network error]

[An error occurred. Either the engine you requested does not exist or there was another issue processing your request. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.]
:lbf: :lbf: :lbf:

No. Where did someone from Capitol actually say the album or Morrissey is too scandalous? That's all his own narrative. I think it's petty and childish to point at someone who has obviously some success and find something bad in it, because he himself struggles at this point. Nobody knows what Sam Smith has as a contract and nobody knows what Morrissey has a for a contract and what happens behind the scenes. Maybe Sam Smith brings more money in, has a lot more fans at this point and maybe he also had to jump through several hoops for Capitol which Morrissey refuses. It's just a bad comparison because they are just not comparable. And again- bashing someone for an outfit/performace choice, wheras M himself always praises Linder's meat dress with the strap-on? Come on, let Morrissey be Morrissey and Sam Smith be Sam Smith.
And it's not true that Capitol won't sign Morrissey, they already did, also they would never have signed it if they found it too scandalous.

The Miley incident does seem to be key to all this. As others have pointed out, the announcement that Miley wanted her vocals removed and Moz cutting his relationship with Capitol were contemporaneous:

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.

I reckon it was Miley's lawyer who explained to Capitol just why the title track of BOT was so sensitive and inflammatory and why therefore Miley didn't want to be associated with the album. Miley is good friends with Ariana Grande. I just don't think Capitol previously appreciated what BOT was 'about'. Capitol then told Moz - Miley wants her vocals to be removed, and also we are no longer releasing the album. Moz then released the statement on December 24th titled 'Miley is a punk rocker' quoted above.
It's understandable that Moz is upset and angry. But the fact he is not suing suggests the contract he signed with Capitol was a very weak one and did not contain a definite commitment to release the album in every eventuality. Capitol no doubt will argue that they are not releasing the album because they think it might cause undue upset and distress to victims and relatives of the terror attack. Look at the damages awarded to the victims of Sandy Hook. Different I know - Moz is not suggesting the terror attack was faked or anything like that - but causing distress to victims and relatives is something any record label will be wary of. BOT was being touted around for the highest bidder for months. Did Moz get desperate and bite Capitol's hand off without checking the small print?
It may be the case that Capitol Records are afraid of 'reputational damage' if they release the album: damage to their brand.

Other artists may have secretly lobbied Capitol Records to drop Morrissey as they don't want to be on the same rosta of artists as him due to his political statements in recent years... Sam Smith probably won't want Morrissey stealing his 'Some Say I Got Devil' shtick!...

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom