Do you think Morrissey would be willing to release Without Music the World Dies before Bonfire of Teenagers

Will we see WMTWD before BOT?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Mozzypaws

Considering the legal limbo BOT is in, I wonder, if he gets a record deal, would he be willing to release Without Music, or would he rather wait and release BOTqqq

I imagine he would like to release Bonfire first, but unless he's open to self releasing either album I can't see either getting released. No British label will release an album with Bonfire on it. And no label anywhere will release an album with Notre Dame on it. Especially given current events in the Middle East. So he needs to release the albums himself. Simple as.

He still thinks he can sign a major label, which of course he cannot. So both records won‘t be released before he dies. It‘s so easy and so sad.

He doesn't need to release those two daft songs.

I'd hope everyone involved would block a self-release knowing it would be exploited.

He can get a record deal - with a decent record company & not some horrendous hack.

He’s finished. Most of the new songs are shite, some are absolute dirt, and you can’t trust the bastard to show up/not say anything dodgy.
Why would any label be interested, for such meagre rewards?

He doesn't need to release those two daft songs.

I'd hope everyone involved would block a self-release knowing it would be exploited.
Why are they 'daft'? Because they express an opinion that you don't agree with?
I like both songs. Bonfire is a good song on what sounds like a great album. Notre Dame is an intriguing song on what sounds like a good album - although we haven't heard all the album yet. Everyone should believe a good conspiracy theory at least once a day. It keeps the mind active. It's good to doubt received opinion and ask questions.
The really sad thing about those 2 songs is that here we are in 2023 - and neither song would ever get played on the radio. It's like punk never happened. Anyone who believes in the myth of 'progress' needs their head examined. We are going backwards towards the dark ages.

I like both songs. Bonfire is a good song on what sounds like a great album. Notre Dame is an intriguing song on what sounds like a good album - although we haven't heard all the album yet. Everyone should believe a good conspiracy theory at least once a day. It keeps the mind active. It's good to doubt received opinion and ask questions.
The really sad thing about those 2 songs is that here we are in 2023 - and neither song would ever get played on the radio. It's like punk never happened. Anyone who believes in the myth of 'progress' needs their head examined. We are going backwards towards the dark ages.

His opinions aren't the problem.

Your opinions are the problem.

It's daft to give creeps like you a couple of songs to use against him.

Yes! That is the level she’s working at.

Give it a few days and she’ll have concocted some conspiracy theory about The Evil Tour Manager (you!) writing those lyrics and forcing poor, innocent, naive Mozi to sing them.

I don’t know why a major wouldn’t want to sign him, he’s probably the last artist that actually believes in the record industry. As much as he hates them, he seems to romanticize it too. They should be flattered, at least.

I don’t know why a major wouldn’t want to sign him, he’s probably the last artist that actually believes in the record industry. As much as he hates them, he seems to romanticize it too. They should be flattered, at least.
He'll only sell a few thousand copies and then bad mouth the record company afterwards.

He'll only sell a few thousand copies and then bad mouth the record company afterwards.

Yes, of course, it goes without saying.

And yet ….

id guess that he would release without music before bonfire if he was offered a deal. he could make bonfire a vinyl only release that he sells only at shows which might help with ticket sales and make it feel special (the release you had to buy in person because they wont release it). especially if he limited it. the people who managed to get tickets would feel special as they got the actual album which would then by someone be released in some digital fashion which would eventually find its way to fans and it would make it special for them as well as they would have to go find it etc. which wouldnt be to hard. i imagine the cover as a deep lime green for some reason though i guess with a title like bonfire green may no be the way to go

Making the huge assumption he could get a deal to release WMTWD, yes, I think he's willing. As far as we know Capitol still owns BOT and won't release it... so until we hear differently BOT is off the table.

Last edited:
Making the huge assumption he could get a deal to release WMTWD, yes, I think he's willing. As far as we know Capitol still owns BOT and won't release it. So until we hear differently BOT is off the table.
I'm hoping so... we will see. Still haven't heard anything from my well connected friend about seeing if maybe a medium sized indie label (or whatever labels he has contacts with) would be willing to take him on

Back
Top Bottom