Morrissey Central "BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, RIP" (February 13, 2023) - Morrissey vs Capitol Records

20C9B95B-45BE-4406-B21F-065BD6184F78.jpeg

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) proudly promotes Sam Smith’s ‘satanism’; yet they consider the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ to be their biggest threat and they will not release it despite their contractual obligation and promise to do so.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he will continue to play BoF-songs live in three weeks time, or rather new songs that they are recording now.
I reckon as a matter of principle he will be determined to keep tracks from BOT in his live shows. And because there are some great songs on BOT that sound great live. But as a studio album it's over. Capitol have killed it. I can't imagine he will want to debut any tracks from WMTWD until it's completely finished and ready to be sold to the highest bidder. Not much of a queue as things stand though I would imagine.

If nothing else, we can at least agree with Capitol that the TITLE of Bonfire of Teenagers is needlessly insensitive and probably needed to be changed. Garbage production aside, I'm sure the album and song title is a source of embarrassment to them.

What would Judge John Weeks say about all this?

he would put on his black cap and order sam smith to stop being dressed by stevie wonder.

It was quickly re evaluated after the helium vocals and Chuck E Cheese band sound was immediately panned. Why would anyone throw money into that pit?

Actually, Capitol must have believed so strongly in RWA, that not only did they believe it would be a good decision to release it as the first single to represent the new album and their triumphant win in signing Morrissey, but they also believed so strongly in RWA that they felt it didn’t need one penny
spent on promotion, not a whisper.

It was quickly re evaluated after the helium vocals and Chuck E Cheese band sound was immediately panned. Why would anyone throw money into that pit?
johnboy your panning it without hearing the whole album,you might not like rebels but that is only a small sample,anybody who has heard the whole album have said its very good.

Actually, Capitol must have believed so strongly in RWA, that not only did they believe it would be a good decision to release it as the first single to represent the new album and their triumphant win in signing Morrissey, but they also believed so strongly in RWA that they felt it didn’t need one penny
spent on promotion, not a whisper.
Look, they realized they made a mistake. The song as presented was not good, they cut their losses. This happens all the time and not just to Morrissey.

johnboy your panning it without hearing the whole album,you might not like rebels but that is only a small sample,anybody who has heard the whole album have said its very good.
I would like to hear how the other songs were produced before I can make a fair assessment but the titular song, which is average at best, was thrown together to do one thing: be controversial. It backfired and we move on.

I would like to hear how the other songs were produced before I can make a fair assessment but the titular song, which is average at best, was thrown together to do one thing: be controversial. It backfired and we move on.

How did it backfire? Where did Capitol state that the song BoT is their reason for not releasing the album?

Johnboy, loves RWA, and he’s already standing in the imaginary queue waiting to purchase BoT. He’s just trolling, as usual.
I don't have time to troll. I am just trying to help you with this very predictable "mystery." It really isn't that difficult to understand.

I don't have time to troll. I am just trying to help you with this very predictable "mystery." It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Making guesses, will not solve this ‘mystery’.
In other words, we haven’t a clue.

Edit, but to believe that Capitol didn’t know
about the subject matter of the title song, back when they signed him. Is a bit loony.

Last edited:
it has been very well recieved on the tour,is the title bonfire of teenagers any different to ringleader of the tormentors,only when you know its about terrorism then it annoys certain people.when it was first announced nobody batted an eyelid.

Johnboy, loves RWA, and he’s already standing in the imaginary queue waiting to purchase BoT. He’s just trolling, as usual.
course he is ket,we all know it,thats why we all go along with it.

It's a shame that BOT won't be released for the forseeable future. I can understand Moz's frustration and anger after so much emotional and hard work invested in the album.

However, his tactics toward Capitol just sound wrong to me. Also, I detest when he mentions others artists in a somewhat unflattering manner by comparing them to himself in a certain context. I find it unelegant and unnecessary. And everytime it happens, I feel a bit disappointed in him.

But, of course, my love of Morrissey is unconditional. He' like family.

he should do it as a live in studio recording, note for note. he could do as many takes as he likes, edit, polish as he pleases. release it as a live recording. quite a bit of work, but if he believes in it, he could do it. worked for the beatles.

he should do it as a live in studio recording, note for note. he could do as many takes as he likes, edit, polish as he pleases. release it as a live recording. quite a bit of work, but if he believes in it, he could do it. worked for the beatles
Did the Beatles do that to get around the record company withholding a record?

Morrissey and Madonna...
Both forces to be reckoned with 30 years ago (and prior) , now just embarrassing themselves in public with no sense of self awareness at how sad it is to go from drivers of culture to desperate hangers-on, begging to be included at any cost to dignity.

"I've written a letter to daddy... his address is heaven above..."

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom