Morrissey Central "#AnimalsLivesMatter" (June 4, 2020)

Funny you should mention drunkenness. Read an article earlier about Johnny Marr quitting drink and what it did for him. I read it and thought, what a fool! :)

Morrissey should heed Johnny's advice. Seen them both on stage, Johnny seems 20 years younger than Moz.

Morrissey should heed Johnny's advice. Seen them both on stage, Johnny seems 20 years younger than Moz.
I’ve seen them both on stage as well and I agree with you, moz has let his hair go of late and this has added years to his overall appearance, Johnny has keep his in good condition with dye as well

But surely Sam can't publish a word to that site without Moz's approval. If it is Moz's site then he has to take responsibility for what it says. I'm in favour of animal rights but doing that now will set the cause back, not help it. Maybe he is just looking for headlines. What's next I wonder.
I reckon Sam posts stuff that Morrissey likes and is dedicated towards, such as videos from Peta. I doubt Morrissey would have posted that remix of 'Bobby'. Sam has only been given a role as he's young, probably done a course in photography but actually hasn't done anything to benefit the Moz camp at all as far as I'm concerned. Any remember that atrocious 'Kiss Me A Lot' video? Where is that to find now? I'm sure Sam only wants to stick around so he has something to talk about when he chats to girls.

I reckon Sam posts stuff that Morrissey likes and is dedicated towards, such as videos from Peta. I doubt Morrissey would have posted that remix of 'Bobby'. Sam has only been given a role as he's young, probably done a course in photography but actually hasn't done anything to benefit the Moz camp at all as far as I'm concerned. Any remember that atrocious 'Kiss Me A Lot' video? Where is that to find now? I'm sure Sam only wants to stick around so he has something to talk about when he chats to girls.

I wonder does any other pop/rock stars allow their relatives such control over the contents of their official internet site. Can you imagine Robert Smith doing the same.

Nephew:"Uncle Robert, I saw a picture on the internet of a nurse in a Covid Ward and I thought, why not superimpose a Cure T shirt on top of her. Can I upload it to the official Cure website?

Fat Bob:No you can't, you silly little bastard! And when are you going to get a proper job? I'm sick of you sucking on my teats!

#AnimalsLivesMatter

Links to two PETA videos:

Regards,
FWD.

The violence outside is the battle within. We are going through a time of spiritual warfare and it is being played out on this 3D stage. Everybody is contributing to it in some way and it is being amped-up in MSM and social media. This George Floyd murder has that appearance of being staged for the cameras, just to set off the chain reaction. I do find it interesting that he worked in the same night club as the policeman who stared at the camera expressionless for over 8 minutes, while he knelt on his neck, knowing he's being filmed. It's no less horrifying to watch and not surprising it evoked the emotional reaction it did.
Putting up the videos of animal cruelty does not help anybody in any way, including the animals. It just feeds into powerlessness and negativity at this time in particular. I haven't watched them and I won't but I'm assuming that's what they are. Morrissey should know better even if his nephew doesn't. There's a lot of online road rage including here, where people are swept up in others narratives and act out as a result. It's serving somebody's interests but nobody's best interests, a bit like the recent confinement.

I wonder does any other pop/rock stars allow their relatives such control over the contents of their official internet site. Can you imagine Robert Smith doing the same.

Nephew:"Uncle Robert, I saw a picture on the internet of a nurse in a Covid Ward and I thought, why not superimpose a Cure T shirt on top of her. Can I upload it to the official Cure website?

Fat Bob:No you can't, you silly little bastard! And when are you going to get a proper job? I'm sick of you sucking on my teats!

Exactly. I think Morrissey is probably thinking 'well I need some social media presence for record deals and I have a nephew overly keen to do it who needs a job'. BMG have obviously done this for him also but he doesn't seem to want to participate or contribute to anything they could do to help. Instead he'd rather let Sam do it and tarnish it all.

Exactly. I think Morrissey is probably thinking 'well I need some social media presence for record deals and I have a nephew overly keen to do it who needs a job'. BMG have obviously done this for him also but he doesn't seem to want to participate or contribute to anything they could do to help. Instead he'd rather let Sam do it and tarnish it all.
I’ve looked at The Cure website. It’s awful too, albeit in a different way; completely cash driven. The Belle and Sebastian website is quite good.

I’ve looked at The Cure website. It’s awful too, albeit in a different way; completely cash driven. The Belle and Sebastian website is quite good.
True although I can't imagine The Cure posting some of the stuff that comes out of Central. The Belle and Sebastian site is better and looks more professional than Central, which just looks like a very simple Tumblr post 10 years ago. I notice Belle and Sebastian have links to a podcast, now that is a bandwagon I'd like to see Morrissey jump on (maybe).

I find unofficial sites to be the best. Moz Solo, The Arcane Old Wardrobe (think that's gone?), etc. Sites where fans can post comments. The forums etc. on Moz Solo are a great source of info.
I think Moz should shut down his site and pretend it's 1987. Give some interviews coming up to new albums and concerts. He should insist on being given the questions in advance and only answer those that allow his wit to shine through. No more dramas or storms in a teacup. Just music. A quiet life in between concerts.
Why would anyone want to be in the public spitlight these days when the public are a clan of hyenas chewing on a murder of crows?

Last edited:
Captain Mainwaring

Watched “Live in Madrid” again last night. What a show. What a time. What a band!!! They were something special, together.

Art is a fleeting engagement. The moments live forever but the synchronicity rarely lasts.

What I learned, from watching that again?

Morrissey - despite his best attempts - will NEVER be able to destroy the legacy of empathy, soul and humanity that was The Smiths, in 1985.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom