Andy Rourke joins Johnny Marr for "How Soon is Now? encore in Brooklyn

Without Morrissey, wouldn't it be the Siths?

Hahaha! I was just thinking that :p

No, of course it's not The Smiths without Morrissey! But it was flipping cool!!

I hate to say this but Johnny's band sounded so much better than Morrissey's. Vocals aside, it sounded the most like the Smiths that I've ever been lucky enough to hear live.;)

Does anyone know if Johnny Marr and the band had been drinking alcohol before they went on stage? I heard Andy Rourke is quite a big drinker.

Bernard Butler and John Squire remind me of Johnny Marr. The Gallagher brothers Noel and Liam really based their whole act on Johnny Marr.
I don't know but drinking alcohol is pretty common place in the world of rock 'n' roll.

Johnny Marr also reminds me of the artist Stuart Sutcliffe who was John Lennon's friend and one of The Beatles.

What is up with Andy Rourke glasses and his hair? He should've gone to Specsavers and the barbers before the gig!

I didn't know Andy Rourke still played bass. Good to know he is still out there playing bass and not working in a burger van in Bolton. Rourke looks so different then he did in The Smiths days. I didn't believe it was really him at first he looks quite bloated and old and his hair looks like it needs cutting. I guess Rourke doesn't have much money for the hairdressers poor guy. Johnny Marr still looks great he seems so sweet apart from the swearing thing.
Andy Rourke sure has let himself go since The Smiths days and he seems strangely stuck in the 1990s rather than the 1980s. What is it with him trying to look like Liam Gallagher I don't get it.

Andy Rourke sure has let himself go since The Smiths days and he seems strangely stuck in the 1990s rather than the 1980s. What is it with him trying to look like Liam Gallagher I don't get it.
Don't do drugs kids! Or you may end up looking like a short, bloated, old, wasted, strange hybrid version of Liam Gallagher & John Lennon as he was in 1970s. Andy Rourke is a lesson to us all not to do drugs, smoke or drink alcohol.

I think Andy looks like a proper rock star in my opinion.
What like Bill Wyman who is about 76 years old. Andy Rourke looks like one of those ageing English rockers from the 1960s yet he isn't in his 60s or 70s, these old rockers are old enough to be Andy Rourke's father! Andy Rourke is only about 49 years old, he is still quite young and should be looking better at his age.

Marr has always valued working with all different kinds of musicians -- what is it that keeps him stuck in retro 90s britpop mode? Was it because he was barely part of it while Noel & Co. took over the world? Will he stay parked there?
I like Marr and I'm glad he's enjoying the limelight as a solo artist finally but he's already a legend -- the too-young style doesn't befit him very well.
Then again, I don't know what style would befit him.

Not really. Johnny did all three and he looks 35.
True! Johnny Marr still looks very young, he looks great.

Andy Rourke just needs to drink more water and go on a diet and fitness program, give up eating meat. I'm sure he will be ok then.

Johnny Marr enjoys running and he is a vegan.

Nothing against Morrissey's band, but no one performs Marr's songs like Marr. His guitar playing cannot be matched! Go see this tour!!! (If it's not too late!) I thought him singing Morrissey's lyrics might give a new or different slant to the Smiths songs he did, but to the contrary, Marr sung to the heart of Morrissey's words and emotion. The highlights for me were (at Metro in Chicago) London and HSIN. Just magical!
Just wondering, too, why not a "Morrissey with special guest Johnny Marr" tour???

True! Johnny Marr still looks very young, he looks great.

Andy Rourke just needs to drink more water and go on a diet and fitness program, give up eating meat. I'm sure he will be ok then.

Johnny Marr enjoys running and he is a vegan.

Hang on a minute ! Have you seen the photo of that miserable grey haired fatty in a tight denim 'tux' at the Stones gig ? That is no advert to stop eating meat is it ?
Honestly you lot calling Andy Rourke for the way he looks, you've not seen him for many years he's been out of your spotlight and all of a sudden your suprised he still plays bass and how he looks.
The funniest thing is your solution to the problem ! The limp wristed "Oh he should stop drinking and stop eating meat and go running because Johnny Marr goes running" ! Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks what a funny lot you are SKY NEWSFLASH !!!! Morrissey has just told all his fans to go and lie down on the railway lines ! Off you go now.

Benny the butcher

Marr has always valued working with all different kinds of musicians -- what is it that keeps him stuck in retro 90s britpop mode? Was it because he was barely part of it while Noel & Co. took over the world? Will he stay parked there?
I like Marr and I'm glad he's enjoying the limelight as a solo artist finally but he's already a legend -- the too-young style doesn't befit him very well.
Then again, I don't know what style would befit him.
Andy Rourke seems stuck in a retro 1990s 'Britpop' Liam Gallagher mode. I think more than Johnny Marr is. It just seems very sad to me. I don't like the band 'Oasis' at all and I don't see why they are stuck in that 'Britpop' era. It was not a great time for music back then. Anyway 'Blur' are much better than 'Oasis' in my opinion.

I suppose you lot should be allowed to post your horrid and ultimately useless opinions on here, since it's the closest you'll ever come to creating anything classic and worthy like Johnny and Andy both have and both continue to do. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame posting on here (well, 15 seconds of fame anyways). May it bring you a fraction of the acclaim that the people you're trying unsuccessfully to slag have enjoyed.

Did your mommy forget to tell you that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? Was your mum too busy selling her body for crack?

When you're 49, please post pictures and video of yourself singing so we can all have fun giving our expert evaluations of your looks and talent. Because as you know, looks are everything. Being old, fat, bald or ugly is morally wrong, and those people should just hide in their basements. And when you turn 30 you become uncool and should start dressing "age-appropriately" in mom jeans and polo shirts. What a sad load of crap.

It's pretty funny really, you lot trying to give aesthetic advice to two musicians responsible for some really great music. I don't think they need your aesthetic advice, they've been much better off without it.

Hang on a minute ! Have you seen the photo of that miserable grey haired fatty in a tight denim 'tux' at the Stones gig ? That is no advert to stop eating meat is it ?
Honestly you lot calling Andy Rourke for the way he looks, you've not seen him for many years he's been out of your spotlight and all of a sudden your suprised he still plays bass and how he looks.
The funniest thing is your solution to the problem ! The limp wristed "Oh he should stop drinking and stop eating meat and go running because Johnny Marr goes running" ! Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks what a funny lot you are SKY NEWSFLASH !!!! Morrissey has just told all his fans to go and lie down on the railway lines ! Off you go now.

Benny the butcher
Benny the butcher are you Andy Rourke? Don't diss Morrissey! Andy Rourke does that all the time he is forever mocking Moz part of the reason why Moz fans don't like him.... that and the court case. There are few people who get on my nerves but Rourke sadly is one of them.

Nothing against Morrissey's band, but no one performs Marr's songs like Marr. His guitar playing cannot be matched! Go see this tour!!! (If it's not too late!) I thought him singing Morrissey's lyrics might give a new or different slant to the Smiths songs he did, but to the contrary, Marr sung to the heart of Morrissey's words and emotion. The highlights for me were (at Metro in Chicago) London and HSIN. Just magical!
Just wondering, too, why not a "Morrissey with special guest Johnny Marr" tour???
What is HSIN?

Benny the butcher are you Andy Rourke? Don't diss Morrissey! Andy Rourke does that all the time he is forever mocking Moz part of the reason why Moz fans don't like him.... that and the court case. There are few people who get on my nerves but Rourke sadly is one of them.

No, Rourke "get on your nerves" because Morrissey hasn't shown the class to stop posting baseless attacks about Andy, and you swallowed them. You do realize it was only Mike Joyce who alone sued Morrissey/Marr, and Andy was mandated by a court subpoena to show up for questioning, right? What do you think Andy should have done? Not showed up?

http://www.cemetrygates.com/vault/news/court.html

No, Rourke "get on your nerves" because Morrissey hasn't shown the class to stop posting baseless attacks about Andy, and you swallowed them. You do realize it was only Mike Joyce who alone sued Morrissey/Marr, and Andy was mandated by a court subpoena to show up for questioning, right? What do you think Andy should have done? Not showed up?

http://www.cemetrygates.com/vault/news/court.html
What baseless attacks has Morrissey ever made about Andy Rourke? If Morrissey has said anything negative about Andy Rourke at all he probably had good reason to. Andy Rourke would of gone through with the court case if he had the money that was why Rourke had an out of court settlement, he then went bankrupt.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom