About a concert, a bootleg & some "neanderthals" ... & yes, of course The Smiths

Cudweed

Hello!

Well, as far I remember there is a bootleg out there somewhere, recorded on the Smiths' American in the mid-eighties. As I recall the description of the show, well, then it should have been a bit of chaotic experience, with Marr calling the cops "neanderthals" etc. I have been seaching passionsjustlikemine.com, but I can't find where I thought I could. So does anybody have a clue what concert I'm talking about? Cudweed

It took place on 28 August 1986 at Irvine Meadows, Laguna Hills, CA.

Morrissey interrupted "I Know It's Over" to start shouting at the security. I don't think Johnny could be heard since he didn't have a microphone but yes as far as I'm aware he did call the staff 'neanderthals'!

After Morrissey had calmed down again he resumed singing the lyrics as if nothing had happened.

It can be downloaded on file-sharing sites, often under "Morrissey gets angry!" or words to that effect...alledgedly ;)

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago - I have a live copy of I know it's over where Morrissey is shouting "Leave him alone you idiots" or something like that. I had always wondered what that was all about, so asked here.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72752

Cheers :)

Well, thanks a lot, boys & girls! Then I better try acquire a copy of that sometime, somewhere. I actually knew that someone had posted a thread like this earlier, some weeks ago, that was when I got aware of this show, but in the meantime I somehow just forgot the date and place of the event ... But, thanks again! :) Cudweed

The Stage crashers were high on PCP...and everybody knows you don't mess with people on angel dust...everybody except security of course...

Back
Top Bottom