Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the chorus of Veronica is terribly catchy. He has a potential hit on his hands, but he’ll f*** it up and no-one will play it. Shame.

not in these times. And the disk jockeys don’t want to get fired. So yes(?) it’s is a shame Morrissey didn’t keep quiet and kowtow to society’s demands.

You’re much more positive than me. I wish I could view the world (of Moz) through your eyes.

All my favorite artists have changed, and they knew they would lose fans. To keep their own sanity they must change, and I don’t think they can really care too much about what the fans think.

All my favorite artists have changed, and they knew they would lose fans. To keep their own sanity, and I don’t think they can really care too much about what the fans think.
Yes, 100 percent. But as a fan, I don’t think it’s working for Moz. If it is in fact a matter of change, and not just a case of him losing his creative wherewithal, that is.

Yes, 100 percent. But as a fan, I don’t think it’s working for Moz.
In regards to an artist keeping their sanity? it must be working for him. Again, here, the artist can’t really care too much what the fan thinks.
If it is in fact a matter of change, and not just a case of him losing his creative wherewithal, that is.

Well, I’m speaking from that point of view. I believe it is a choice, and a natural desire to explore and evolve, even if the fan doesn’t see it that way. Look at Walker, Reed, Bowie, etc.

All my favorite artists have changed, and they knew they would lose fans. To keep their own sanity they must change, and I don’t think they can really care too much about what the fans think.
Do you think this sentiment applies to a singer obsessed by album/singles sales?.

Incorrect. They offered
Words so lightly thrown, with no substance except malice, being...
Hearsay from a dubious source.

Give me the name of one artist that wouldn’t
like to be remembered?

Though, we don’t know if being remembered or not, will be on his mind when he’s lying on his deathbed. I’d imagine it would be, but I’d also like to believe that such ‘superficial’ desires will not be as important at that point.
Then again, is it really wrong to want to be remembered for what one believes may be the sole reason why they were put on this earth?
The response to the very last question of this interview pertains to Morrissey's position on being known and remembered - https://illnessasart.com/2020/10/10/the-face-march-1990/ :love:

He seems to be incredibly aware of his several identities even while caught up in celebrity.

Personally, I don’t think it’s about the lyrics as much as it’s more about singing for him now.
If true, then I have no complaints with that.

This.

He lives for the vocal melodies and the fusion of those with the music. He has reiterated time and again the importance to him of the singing voice.

Reflecting from my deathbed
I'm balancing life's riches
Against the ditches
And the flat gray years in-between
All I can see are the never-laid
That's the never played symphonies

Nick Cave has always struck me as a conservative. So it’s no surprise that as he has lurched further to the right, has fans have stayed with him.

Mine too.

I can't imagine Neil Young standing still - or David Bowie, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana....

Do you think this sentiment applies to a singer obsessed by album/singles sales?.
Probably applies to most artists that have been around for a while and take seriously their interest and craft.

And he probably would have been obsessed with pop album/singles sales even if he himself wasn’t a recording artist it seems, following the charts as a youngster.

would also like to add, if Morrissey really cared about what he thinks his fans want, he’d probably still be ill and swinging gladioli above his head.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom