Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, he’s just gonna wait it out until Miley’s contract ends and she’s free to give him the (y) to release it. Lol.

So, maybe in another, 4 years? How long’s her present contract with Columbia? ⏳
Yeah, he is merely following the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga blueprint. Without Miley, Morrissey is just a rumor to the younger generation.

Back to square 1. Who wants to release it?
BOF has
Miley legal row
Horrible production
Weak songs
A Title that puts off UK dealers
Unbearable artwork

hmmm, maybe. In that case, well played Mozi! (y)
True story, I was making small talk with a young lady wearing a Purple Rain t-shirt. I asked her if she is a fan of Prince. She looked puzzled, I said "your t-shirt!" She looked embarrassed and told me it was her Mom's. I said Purple Rain is a great album, she said she thought it was a song and that she has never heard his music...if twenty-somethings don't know the biggest stars of Morrissey's generation, what chance does our Mozi have? The clock on the wall makes a joke of us all.

BoT

like a canoe?

Really? I thought the clip we heard sounded pretty good.

Think most here, even on solo, like what has been heard live.

UK is not the world.

‘Unbearable’ is a bit much. Though, I wonder if the same artwork will be used by the time it
gets released.

I know you’re as eager and excited to hear it as the rest of us. But please be patient.
Yeah, personally I like the art work a lot. I think it's cool, lo-fi, down to earth.

Dear Zoom from Gloom
Do you seriously find the production on « Rebels » absolutely perfect ? Voicecoder for Moz , low key guitars.!!
You must be joking.

have you typed out your 1 star review of bonfire of teenagers yet.

If his songs are good and not just conspiracy nonsense put to sub par music, my review will be good. As will his album sales.

It’s not that difficult to understand: shitty lyrics and shitty music equals bad reviews and low album sales.

BoT

like a canoe?

Really? I thought the clip we heard sounded pretty good.

Think most here, even on solo, like what has been heard live.

UK is not the world.

‘Unbearable’ is a bit much. Though, I wonder if the same artwork will be used by the time it
gets released.

I know you’re as eager and excited to hear it as the rest of us. But please be patient.
Most here like the live versions . Not an point.Most here love Low In High School !

Give me the name of one artist that wouldn’t
like to be remembered?

Though, we don’t know if being remembered or not, will be on his mind when he’s lying on his deathbed. I’d imagine it would be, but I’d also like to believe that such ‘superficial’ desires will not be as important at that point.
Then again, is it really wrong to want to be remembered for what one believes may be the sole reason why they were put on this earth?
«
Give me the name of one artist that wouldn’t
like to be remembered?»

Rick astley

Release them on Spotify... NOW!!! :ahhh:
I don't think he'll do this without a record deal. Otherwise, he could have already put WMTWD on streaming services. But hang tight I was skeptical but I think there is a release plan and that's why he bit the bullet and purchased his albums back.

There are some wilful comments here. Central literally told us that Morrissey is unsigned ( as indeed he has been for the past three years for UK releases?) so this message is about attracting the attention of record labels once again. He must have been too desperate to sign with a big name to have gone with that awful Jubelirer woman with her appalling fashion sense and "f*** Off" sign on her desk. The Miley issue isn't about her record label blocking collaborations: Morrissey told us himself that she'd had a major falling out with someone in the circle. It doesn't take a genius to realise that this had to mean the producer, who as far as I know hasn't once mentioned BoT. I'm sure MC's interest in being involved in the album was much more about him than Morrissey and she was humiliated somehow and wants nothing more to do with it, only Morrissey wasn't told this was the reason until too late. There is still little or no appetite to takes risks in the music business. Morrissey has taken the first step in paying up and looking big but it's just the first step.

If his songs are good and not just conspiracy nonsense put to sub par music, my review will be good. As will his album sales.

It’s not that difficult to understand: shitty lyrics and shitty music equals bad reviews and low album sales.
Precisely.
I wonder if he believes his own hype. Does he think he is the greatest lyricist of his generation, therefore everything he writes is gold and must be heard?

I always enjoy your visceral dislike of "I Am Veronica"! For me it towers above something like "Dagenham Dave". I love all the different vocal melody elements to it, even if it ends up being a weird song structure. (Agree with you re nonsensical, though, although presumably it makes some kind of sense to Morrissey?!)
With you on this one, B Boy. Veronica is odd but it does at least have some pleasing guitar lines and enjoyable singing melodies. The awfulness of Dagenham Dave can never be exaggerated. It's just horrible - words, music, arrangement, every single element. Yuck.

Precisely.
I wonder if he believes his own hype. Does he think he is the greatest lyricist of his generation, therefore everything he writes is gold and must be heard?
I think he thinks that he is still the same lyricist as he was in 1994. And that he is the only one with something to say.

Getting the rights to BoT back strikes me as a step in the right direction. It doesn’t mean that a release is imminent though. And I suppose he still can’t release it with Miley’s voice still on I am Veronica?

I never quite understood why he never really considered to release WMTWD in the meantime, as this album is just sitting in his own vaults. Notre dame will reopen at the end of this year, what is he waiting for?

Will he now be able to put WPINOYB back on the streaming sites? I see little point in a physical re-issue of that album at this point, but having his complete back catalogue on streaming sites would be a plus, or not.

Back
Top Bottom