“Staircase At The University” made Entertainment Weekly’s top 10 this week

It's one of the great ironies of the album and a particularly Morrissey thing methinks that some of the most joyous vocal parts are when he sings particularly sad or scary lines. Like the chorus of Scandinavia, for instance, or the way he sings "And her head split three waaaaaaaays!".
It makes my heart sing until I realise what he's singing...

mousetrap2.jpg

Anybody else feel compelled to clap along to the claps. I just have to. Can't help myself. I do it without thinking much about it. Am thus afraid to listen to Staircase while running the treadmills. If I let go of the handle bars to clap... well I might end up flying off the apparatus. Not good. :p

Last edited:
Anybody else feel compelled to clap along to the claps? I can't listen to Staircase without doing so. Thus I'm afraid to run the treadmill to this song. If I let go of the handle bars, I may end up on the handle bars of the stationary bike behind me. :D

Anybody else feel compelled to clap along to the claps? I can't listen to Staircase without doing so. Thus I'm afraid to run the treadmill to this song. If I let go of the handle bars, I may end up on the handle bars of the stationary bike behind me. :D
Hey Jehne, we have not talked in a while.
I hope you are well.
I am still your devoted follower and ain't the new album a treat?

Anyone thrown themself down some stairs yet?

Driving while listening is pretty tough: during Staircase and "Kiss Me A Lot" I have to repress the urge. :D

Anyone thrown themself down some stairs yet?

Well, it would be a bit extreme, but certainly there is a deep sadness that WPINOYB is seemingly done with nothing to follow. Five years waiting to greet a new album...it arrives, and it is splendid, but then silence.
No news, no nothing. What on earth has happened to The Great One?

As a fan since 1984, I have enjoyed all his albums (some more than others). I'm grateful that he has made music for so many years. Every time he puts out new material I get like that teenage boy at the record store. Like all art music is subjective. I understand that what I like others may not. I personally will be putting 10 songs off the deluxe album on my normal rotation.

I understand that some "fans" may not like this album. I get it, it's not for everyone. I understand never wanting to hear his music ever again or putting all his material you have in a pile and lighting it on fire. What I don't understand is the need to let everyone know you don't like the album over and over and over, it exhausting. The only rationale explanation is your life is so empty you have nothing else to do. I feel bad and sad for you.

Life really is full of crashing bores.

As a fan since 1984, I have enjoyed all his albums (some more than others). I'm grateful that he has made music for so many years. Every time he puts out new material I get like that teenage boy at the record store. Like all art music is subjective. I understand that what I like others may not. I personally will be putting 10 songs off the deluxe album on my normal rotation.

I understand that some "fans" may not like this album. I get it, it's not for everyone. I understand never wanting to hear his music ever again or putting all his material you have in a pile and lighting it on fire. What I don't understand is the need to let everyone know you don't like the album over and over and over, it exhausting. The only rationale explanation is your life is so empty you have nothing else to do. I feel bad and sad for you.

Life really is full of crashing bores.

I don't understand the point in your post, I don't understand your need to let people know you like it.

he only said it the once in the one place and that little thing makes a big differences

sorry if thats true. i just didnt remember 1 sing your lies posst everywhere being everywhere of that statement being everywhere. again sorry if i was wrong

No one takes Americans seriously because they take themselves so seriously. You's haven't grasped sarcasm or how to have a laugh at yourselves, I wind people up on purpose here and they never fail to react, the piss taking goes way over your head

What the British call "sarcasm" is normally nothing more than passive - aggressive behavior. The British tend to lack the ability to be direct in conversation; therefore, they tend to be passive - aggressive in many instances. Sad, but true.

I don't understand the point in your post, I don't understand your need to let people know you like it.

You don't and won't understand my point in my post because you have a small brain.

This will be the only response you will get from me on this thread.

Read, reply, and then go back to your pathetic worthless life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom