“Staircase At The University” made Entertainment Weekly’s top 10 this week

It's one of the great ironies of the album and a particularly Morrissey thing methinks that some of the most joyous vocal parts are when he sings particularly sad or scary lines. Like the chorus of Scandinavia, for instance, or the way he sings "And her head split three waaaaaaaays!".
It makes my heart sing until I realise what he's singing...

Can we put aside the "whistle and saw" sounds for a moment and compliment the lovely clapping (that I now wait for each time I hear the song to join in on *clap clap*)
Its like a call for attention after a bit of rambling, probably calling the girl back from getting distracted.

Do you mean no one takes us seriously?

No one takes Americans seriously because they take themselves so seriously. You's haven't grasped sarcasm or how to have a laugh at yourselves, I wind people up on purpose here and they never fail to react, the piss taking goes way over your head

What I don't understand is why some people actually seem to get upset by the fact that others, the majority (!), actually like the album. Fair enough if you don't like it. But why implode of anger because others like it?

What I don't understand is why some people actually seem to get upset by the fact that others, the majority (!), actually like the album. Fair enough if you don't like it. But why implode of anger because others like it?

You've got that the wrong way round emil lad

You've got that the wrong way round emil lad

I have not. Almost all your posts, as well as others who hate the album with a vengeance, are filled with aggression. Not to mention the preachy tone. It's like you're trying to spread a gospel of hate. Are you really surprised that others lose temper with you sometimes?

A nonce e mouse said:
I may seem like a complete moron, but I'm actually trying to look like a moron, honest! It's all part of my cunning plan to come across as a complete moron!

2j4abgp.jpg

I have not. Almost all your posts, as well as others who hate the album with a vengeance, are filled with aggression. Not to mention the preachy tone. It's like you're trying to spread a gospel of hate. Are you really surprised that others lose temper with you sometimes?

That's not my problem if they lose temper, they're only letting themselves down. To be fair it's about 50/50, marred and them lot never settle, putting out fires all over the place every time someone posts about not liking it, why defend something that you claim is so great, that's what I don't understand.

No one takes Americans seriously because they take themselves so seriously. You's haven't grasped sarcasm or how to have a laugh at yourselves, I wind people up on purpose here and they never fail to react, the piss taking goes way over your head

even if so why is it so important for you to correct them and there attitude about themselves? why not just let them be as theyre not hurting anyone? are you saving us from ourselves, for your own personal amusement? bottom line is i dont take amusement from hurting people or making them feel bad in any way, even those who i think take themselves to seriously, and you seem to and i think that says something poor about your character and i know youre not going to care but again thats the poor part showing itself. careless and selfish judgement seems to be all your about

i do think it somewhat funnny to type this here when in order to post i have to keep typing things like put care into action etc. ironic

That's not my problem if they lose temper, they're only letting themselves down. To be fair it's about 50/50, marred and them lot never settle, putting out fires all over the place every time someone posts about not liking it, why defend something that you claim is so great, that's what I don't understand.

And what I don't understand is why someone would post the same thing with slightly different words over and over again with the same aggressive tone. Why not just accept that others like the album? Is it that difficult? And is it really necessary to try to convince others that they're wrong (like there even is such a thing in this matter)?

And what I don't understand is why someone would post the same thing with slightly different words over and over again with the same aggressive tone. Why not just accept that others like the album? Is it that difficult? And is it really necessary to try to convince others that they're wrong (like there even is such a thing in this matter)?

Again you've got it the wrong way round. Can't hold a conversation with a delusional, sorry

Again you've got it the wrong way round. Can't hold a conversation with a delusional, sorry

It's equally difficult to hold a conversation with a troll. That's why so many people lash out on you.

even if so why is it so important for you to correct them and there attitude about themselves? why not just let them be as theyre not hurting anyone? are you saving us from ourselves, for your own personal amusement? bottom line is i dont take amusement from hurting people or making them feel bad in any way, even those who i think take themselves to seriously, and you seem to and i think that says something poor about your character and i know youre not going to care but again thats the poor part showing itself. careless and selfish judgement seems to be all your about

i do think it somewhat funnny to type this here when in order to post i have to keep typing things like put care into action etc. ironic

Sorry what did u say

It's equally difficult to hold a conversation with a troll. That's why so many people lash out on you.

Hmm again, you really blaming me for people's lack of control, if someone bugged me if say f*** off and move on, I wouldn't lash out and if I did, I'd look at myself and my own wrong doings, never blame anyone but yourself, that's my motto. :thumb:

Trolls a bit harsh btw, I'm on here as life long morrissey fan, it's not my fault he brought out a shit album, if it was any good I wouldn't be so crabby , (shit I just blamed someone else for the way I'm feeling)

Can we put aside the "whistle and saw" sounds for a moment and compliment the lovely clapping (that I now wait for each time I hear the song to join in on *clap clap*)
Its like a call for attention after a bit of rambling, probably calling the girl back from getting distracted.

The claps on this and the feet stamping (or whatever that is) rhythm at the end of the title track are so great!

Trolls a bit harsh btw, I'm on here as life long morrissey fan, it's not my fault he brought out a shit album, if it was any good I wouldn't be so crabby , (shit I just blamed someone else for the way I'm feeling)

That's not the impression you give. You seem to have become a member just to shit all over the album (and those who like it). Have you posted anything but aggressive comments against the album and, first and foremost, against the people who like it?

That's not the impression you give. You seem to have become a member just to shit all over the album (and those who like it). Have you posted anything but aggressive comments against the album and, first and foremost, against the people who like it?
Of course he's being aggressive and negative....because he's scared.

These guys, Agora, Johnny Bunion-corn, Mouse-the -rat and other children hiding behind fake names and anonymous postings have nothing else they can do....because they are helpless, and hopeless and powerless. They don't like Morrissey's album because it's too damn real and scares the hell out of them.

The people that like this album and get it...know what Morrissey's been getting at all these years and they appreciate him for what he is ...an artist unafraid to confront the horror of life and the terror of death in a completely unique manner. He is a great vocalist and he has a powerful band...

They don't want anyone here on this site to have a serious conversation about the album because they don't get it....and they are frightened. They interrupt like little children and hide behind the fake name like mommy's skirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom