Myles Hendrik Instagram: Morrissey, Guy Oseary and Andrew Watt photo (June 17, 2024)

D4F0B889-CA93-454B-B7D9-EEA5F3D114A2.jpeg

Surprised people think this is a “rich elder gay” look. If you go to any street market in Athens where hobby artists sell you tacky, overpriced watercolor paintings of Santorini and Mykonos, they all have their shirts open and wear necklaces like that plus silver bracelets plus silver rings. And they’re not gay, and they’re not rich.

grotesquely frightening, devolving horror-show clown caricatures of their former selves which invited nothing but horror and ridicule from audiences, from their former fans, and from anyone and everyone who even looked in their directions.
2013Morriessey_NobelPrize_121213.jpg

Look at him wearing those great, big trousers. Just look at him.

Surprised people think this is a “rich elder gay” look. If you go to any street market in Athens where hobby artists sell you tacky, overpriced watercolor paintings of Santorini and Mykonos, they all have their shirts open and wear necklaces like that plus silver bracelets plus silver rings. And they’re not gay, and they’re not rich.

Ok then, he’s got the poor Greek street vendor look. Happy?

I recently went to see the Pet Shop Boys and they appear almost less gay than a heavily made-up man in his mid-sixties, showing off his flesh and big bling bling. With the further difference, that in their performance of "Go West" they are clearly committed to "their cause". Neil turns 70 (!) next week. Still a graceful act, they are. New single "A new bohemia" (James Ford anybody?) beats Morrissey's latter-day output by a mile. And Morrissey? Refuses to discuss his "secrtet" private life, travels the world with his personal assistant like Liberace and hangs out at LA parties with young influencers and hip producers + losing large parts of his fanbase (without him being guilty of it, naturally).

Last edited:
I recently went to see the Pet Shop Boys and they appear almost less gay than a heavily made-up man in his mid-sixties, showing off his flesh and big bling bling. With the further difference, that in their performance of "Go West" they are clearly committed to "their cause". Neil turns 70 (!) next week. Still a graceful act, they are. New single "A new bohemia" (James Ford anybody?) beats Morrissey's latter-day output by a mile. And Morrissey? Refuses to discuss his "secrtet" private life, travels the world with his personal assistant like Liberace and hangs out at LA parties with young influencers and hip producers + losing large parts of his fanbase (without him being guilty of it, naturally).
Morrissey definitely looks like a gay stereotype when he dresses like that, it's super tacky and easily identifiable.

I have been playing their 'Nonetheless' album a lot and is up there with their best Phranc, I think A New Bohemia is one of their most gorgeous tunes, I saw them last year and they were so good, and loud, give the fans what they want every once in a while, a greatest hits tour and then still release great new music
And to think 20 or so years ago they were thinking of chucking it in.

I have been playing their 'Nonetheless' album a lot and is up there with their best Phranc, I think A New Bohemia is one of their most gorgeous tunes, I saw them last year and they were so good, and loud, give the fans what they want every once in a while, a greatest hits tour and then still release great new music
And to think 20 or so years ago they were thinking of chucking it in.
Absolutely! The tune touched me (and everyone in the 7.000 seater) and I had only heard it once before. The orchestration by Ford, the stylish video in Margate, the unapologetic aging of Nick and Chris...I wish others would do this. They've still got it.

On top of that they make 90s people like me happy by releasing a CD single (!!!) with 3 versions + 2 new tracks. Because theay are still relevant and they CAN do it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom