Myles Hendrik Instagram: Morrissey, Guy Oseary and Andrew Watt photo (June 17, 2024)

D4F0B889-CA93-454B-B7D9-EEA5F3D114A2.jpeg

God knows I’ve criticised Morrissey in the past, but what is he actually being accused of here?
  • Wearing jewellery
  • Wishing to keep his private life private
  • Looking “gay"
  • Travelling the world with his PA
  • Going to some do in LA where there were some music executives
Whatever horrible crime will he commit next? Stroking a kitten?

God knows I’ve criticised Morrissey in the past, but what is he actually being accused of here?
  • Wearing jewellery
  • Wishing to keep his private life private
  • Looking “gay"
  • Travelling the world with his PA
  • Going to some do in LA where there were some music executives
Whatever horrible crime will he commit next? Stroking a kitten?

I don't know about other people, but the only item I'm disappointed over is the last one. I think the "elder rich gay look" is fine for Morrissey. I can't even tell if he's wearing his tent flares. Fashion and sexuality are not the problem. I just don't see why a music legend of 40 years needs to demean himself by going to a cringe gimp-themed birthday party for a twenty-something pop brat in order to meet music executives.

I don't know about other people, but the only item I'm disappointed over is the last one. I think the "elder rich gay look" is fine for Morrissey. I can't even tell if he's wearing his tent flares. Fashion and sexuality are not the problem. I just don't see why a music legend of 40 years needs to demean himself by going to a cringe gimp-themed birthday party for a twenty-something pop brat in order to meet music executives.

He is fishing for a record label. These are the people who hold the power. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

He is fishing for a record label. These are the people who hold the power. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

Record label executives can’t take meetings in offices or bars? Doesn’t he have a new manager who can network for him? If they’re not taking his calls to the extent that he has to sink this low just to get near them, then the fate of his unreleased albums is worse than I thought.

Record label executives can’t take meetings in offices or bars? Doesn’t he have a new manager who can network for him? If they’re not taking his calls to the extent that he has to sink this low just to get near them, then the fate of his unreleased albums is worse than I thought.

To make a vegan analogy, you just want the burger without knowing the process it takes to get that final product.

Schmoozing has always been part of business including the record business. How bad do you want that final product of an album?

Is it just that you're jealous and would like to have been at that party? Strictly for research purposes, of course :cool:

To make a vegan analogy, you just want the burger without knowing the process it takes to get that final product.

Schmoozing has always been part of business including the record business. How bad do you want that final product of an album?

This will combine my autism with my ignorance, but Morrissey has a product and a record label wants to make money. I’m not seeing how whether he shows up at a party relates to the equation. Is this some sort of hazing ritual? “We think your albums will sell, but first we want you to debase yourself to prove you’re our bitch?” Would Morrissey sink so low? He seems to always want the upper hand in these relationships.

If Morrissey was there to chase yet more Midas touch hit-factory producers in the mold of Andrew Watt, couldn't he just get those connections through Watt, who he already knows? He's not a desperate unknown trying to press his demo tape into the palm of anyone in the record industry. I don't think he had to be at this party for any reason other than that he genuinely wanted to go.

I didn’t say that he didn’t genuinely want to go; when was the last time we know of that Morrissey did something that he didn’t genuinely want to do? I said that since he receives these invites I don’t see why he shouldn’t go, and in addition to wanting to go, there is possibly some professional benefit to him being there. He could get these connections through Watt as you said, but he’s there with Watt. With what? With Watt! Morrissey, as a man who works within the music industry, could find much more wasteful ways of spending his evening than sitting in a room with a group of people who work in or have connections within the music industry. I’m not suggesting he’s going to start working with someone like Finneas although a younger producer rejuvenating the career of an older artist isn’t unprecedented (Rick Rubin/Johnny Cash). Sometimes it’s good just to get your face seen and shake a few hands and remind people that you’re alive. It’s called hobnobbing, Audrey!

Last edited:
I've had this song from the birthday girl on a playlist since 2020. She could definitely replace Miley's vocals on Veronica. Hope she uses some footage from the party in a future video too!

Ich glaube nicht, dass es darum grds geht. Sondern darum, dass es weit entfernt ist vom geschmackvollen Outfit der 90s und auch 00s. Aber lassen wir es gut sein. Wir fügen die Enden nicht zusammen
I personally think the look is terrible too. Everyone can of course wear what they want and if they feel comfortable with it, but I'm not a fan of his look the last few years, especially his "crooner" look. It looks so old fashioned and makes him look much older than he is. I don't really know why, but he somehow can't pull it off. I don't know if I would necessarily call that look in the photo "elder gay". There was a time in the early 2000s when a lot of mid-40s to 50s straight guys walked around like that and it just looked extremely sleazy. To me, his look in the photo is exactly that - the slimy/cringe wannabe look of a 50 something or older, that somehow thinks that it's still cool and sexy to show off his hairy (or shaved) chest and it's outdated too.

I much prefer his more casual look, he's often wearing in the more private settings. Just a good fitting shirt with good fitting trousers and he really is good to go.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom