YATQ 20th Anniversary Special: Jan 26th - Kia Forum, CA / 27th, 2024 - Honda Center, CA (December 1, 2023)

IMG_5518.jpeg

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that's kinda strange on many levels...I mean he announces it on the day he again cancels another gig on this supposedly "40 years" - tour without an explanation. That already leaves a bad taste and is a slap in the face for the fans, that had tickets for Perth. But that aside, it's already in January??? How are they are supposed to pull that off? I mean they are professionals of course but they are also touring until mid December. How are they gonna learn all the new songs, when the current ones don't sound completely rounded up yet? And directly after that the rescheduled South American leg is supposed to happen.... I'm sorry, but I can't imagine that going smoothly and hopefully it's not going to be at the expense of the South American fans.

Maybe Johnny's whole best of and so on made him do something like that Quarry gig. I don't know...

...before he brings the house down with a Meat is Murder arena tour months after.

He’s starting to play his jokers. And he probably needs to, to be honest.
You'll know Morrissey is really desperate when he announces 'The Queen is Dead' anniversary tour. He can also re-record the album as 'The Queen is Dead Part 2: Deader Than Ever' with the new band lineup. We'll really be in the End Times then. :LOL:

Some people seem to think that he will play Quarry from beginning to end, and nothing else.
That isn’t how these ‘album’ shows work, as far as I’m aware. There will be other songs, too.
Probably Alma Matters, How Soon Is Now, Jack the Ripper and Notre Dame.

Hmm, that's kinda strange on many levels...I mean he announces it on the day he again cancels another gig on this supposedly "40 years" - tour without an explanation...
Maybe the wheels were already in motion for the YATQ show? It's just another example of Moz-world bad luck that the preplanned good news announcement sadly coincided with a cancelled sold out Perth.

Hmm, that's kinda strange on many levels...I mean he announces it on the day he again cancels another gig on this supposedly "40 years" - tour without an explanation. That already leaves a bad taste and is a slap in the face for the fans, that had tickets for Perth. But that aside, it's already in January??? How are they are supposed to pull that off? I mean they are professionals of course but they are also touring until mid December. How are they gonna learn all the new songs, when the current ones don't sound completely rounded up yet? And directly after that the rescheduled South American leg is supposed to happen.... I'm sorry, but I can't imagine that going smoothly and hopefully it's not going to be at the expense of the South American fans.

Maybe Johnny's whole best of and so on made him do something like that Quarry gig. I don't know...
Good points but then again "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How He Feels?"

This is excellent news!! I've been hoping for years that M would do an album show like this! I've seen posters on here talk about it for years as well. I think it's really cool, and it opens up the possibility for more shows like this.

I think it's a good possibility, as posters on here have said, this could be for a live live album leading up to the release of the unreleased albums. I hope I hope. Maybe record company talked him into this??

I really really want to go. My wheels are turning. I don't think it's realistic for me though.

Hopefully he drops All The Lazy Dykes from the set.
That was a complete honker of a song.
Other than that a Top 3 Moz album for me behind Vauxhall and Arsenal.

Hopefully he drops All The Lazy Dykes from the set.
That was a complete honker of a song.
Other than that a Top 3 Moz album for me behind Vauxhall and Arsenal.
Noo, that is such a beautiful and uplifting piece!

Touch me, squeeze me, hold me too tightly :smirk:
and when you look at me, you actually see me :innocent:❤️
And I've never felt so alive! :hearteyes:
In the whole of my life (in the whole of my life)
Free yourself! Be yourself! :praying:
Come to the Palms and see yourself 👀🫶
And at last... your life begins! ✨
At last your life begins, ah... 💖

Last edited:
View attachment 98199

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:
My main concern is how the f*** can Quarry be 20. "Time moves to fast".

Smacks of desperation. After the Greek Theater catastrophe in LA, who will take a chance on tickets?

A bland album played in it’s entirety.

How desperate must he feel right now to act like such a nostalgia act sellout.

At least Notre Dame or other conspiracy songs won’t be part of the setlist.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom