What are you listening to right now...

H

Hallahook

For me it is 10cc "the things we do for love"...on the radio.

> For me it is 10cc "the things we do for love"...on the radio.

for me it is korn's first cd.

The sound of rain, softened by the house fan

And The Real Sheila by Game Theory on the PC

Ichabod enjoying the rain...

pic122931.jpg

Re: The sound of rain, softened by the house fan

> And The Real Sheila by Game Theory on the PC

> Ichabod enjoying the rain...

Aww..cute kitty. Do you have any other pics of him? (closer up)
OK. I'm officially turning this into a "show of your pets" thread. Sorry Hallahook.

Here's my beautiful boy. Just a warning -- the second picture is a tad scary. And no .. I did not photoshop his eyes. Eek!

(cute)

(evil-looking)

pic122959.jpg

That bottom pic is a gas. Here's another of ichabod.

He's not MY cat, though. He just tolerates me

pic122977.jpg

Re: That bottom pic is a gas. Here's another of ichabod.

> He's not MY cat, though. He just tolerates me

Hey look! Our cats are doing the same pose! So cute!

pic122987.jpg

pic122988.jpg

Re: Are canines allowed in this thread?

Heh heh ! Great dog ! What is his name ?

> For me it is 10cc "the things we do for love"...on the radio.

The Stone Roses - Made Of Stone

> Aww..cute kitty. Do you have any other pics of him? (closer up)
> OK. I'm officially turning this into a "show of your pets"
> thread. Sorry Hallahook.

ha ha...ok. What are your pets listening to right now? :p

Re: Rain!! THAT'S what it's called!! I'd forgotten.We had some yesterday in tropical london.

Game Theory

> And The Real Sheila by Game Theory on the PC

Seriously? Are you a Game Theory fan? I corresponded with Donnette Thayer for about a year and a half. She's a really great lady. I had heard through the grapevine that she didn't even own a copy of Lolita Nation. So I found a copy (on vinyl, of course) and mailed it to her and we emailed back and forth. It was really nice.

Have you heard Lolita Nation? What are your thoughts on it?

Thought you'd gone missing, Missy.

Aren't you full of surprises?

I had a crush on The Real Sheila and Erica's Word from the time they were released. The Real Sheila reminded me of a girl I knew in grade school. Pretty, rich, sweet, and incredibly intellegent. I think she kind of liked me, but as they say, I was too young to know.

I can't help but draw parallels between Erica's Word and Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World. One of those little tricks of the brain. Guess that's how us simple folk think.

Anyway, even when they were just out, these songs weren't in heavy rotation. A decade passed with no radio airplay, and Game Theory's CDs had gone out of print. But they both stayed amazingly fresh in my mind. And then along came Napster

Got both of those songs, but hadn't bothered to pick up any of their other songs before the plug was pulled.

If you correspond with Donnette, please let her know the guitar on The Real Sheila continues to touch people daily.

I've been away...

...at work on a secret...project.

It's nice to know I've been missed by someone, anyway. Woefully, I'm not in touch with Donnette anymore. She is a single mom now, with a young daughter, Aislinn, and she works with computers. I came to know her because of her collaborations with her ex-lover, Steve Kilbey, under the name Hex. (Have you heard Hex? It's really great stuff.) When she decided she wanted to move on and away from things that reminded her of Steve, unfortunately, I fell by the wayside, too. She's a very sweet lady, though. The last I'd heard was that she'd returned to school to study psychology.
I love The Real Sheila. I know that Erica's Word has a special place in Donnette's heart.
It's good that you don't seem to look down on Donnette. A lot of Game Theory/Loud Family/Scott Miller fans don't think very kindly of her because she ended her relationship of many years with Scott Miller to be with Steve Kilbey. In all honesty, I would have, too:

Sigh. Steve was so devilishly dreamy...

Anyway, you can see more stuff about Donnette here:

http://church.tristesse.com/dthayer/ and if you follow the link at the very bottom of the page you can learn about Steve Kilbey and The Church, too, which is something I always recommend.

I had no idea. Would you believe I pulled Starfish

out of the cabinet two days ago for the first time in probably 3 years and it sits, now twice played, in the CD player in my bathroom (I listen to music in the shower almost obsessively).

In fact I was fixin' to post that Destination is one of the best, least appreciated songs of the late-80s.

Back
Top Bottom