Wednesday music: What are you listening to?

> Actually, if you can contort yourself just right, I think you can! My
> Marilyn purse has 3 different sections. I'm sure we can fit you in
> somewhere.

Hmmmmmm.....nice carpet, Terror. Is it arctic green? Powder blue?

'I'm Alive' by 999 has just finished and now 'In A Rut' by The Ruts is on. I'd highly recommend both songs to my younger readers. That's, erm, all of you.

TODAY I LISTENED TO: THE JAM ( ALBUM) SOUND AFFECTS ESPECIALLY THE SONGS
MAN ABOUT TOWN , MAN IN THE CORNERSHOP AND THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT.
FURTHER: THIS MORTAL COIL ( ALBUM) BLOOD. TO ME THIS IS A CLASSIC. GREAT STUFF.

Re: hey they were GREAT in there day!

> But I loved the Brady Bunch Movie, Jay.
- thanx

Hey I worked on a Nextel commercial yesterday!!

The title is called "Dinner Offer" and it involves 2 businessmen at a nice restaurant negoitiating a job hire- while on the phone and seated directly next to each other!! I am one of the other businessman patrons at the next table. I was used just as background but they shot many many angles and if they use some of the ones I was featured in then I may get "bumped up" to more RE$IDUAL$ later!!
We filmed in a 5 -Star Restaurnt in Downtown L.A. called Cicada- it was built in the 1920's as a Fine Men's Store catered to high-rollers and well-to-do's like Charlie Chaplin. It is GORGEOUS in there- everything was very antique and classy.

The commercial is scheduled to air starting October- I hope I am seen in it!!

Best,

Jay

pic121407.jpg

Re: Tori Amos

*gasp* The show was breathtaking!!! Here's my review for those who care.

Setlist:

Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Little Earthquakes
Sweet Sangria
God
Bells For Her
Father Lucifer - WHAT AN AWESOME VERSION!!
Take To The Sky / I Feel the Earth Move - f***ing awesome!!!
Wednesday

Band Leaves

Cooling
Carbon
Running To Stand Still (U2 cover) - Had no clue what this song was but it was BEAUTIFUL!

Band returns

Putting The Damage On
Cornflake Girl
Amber Waves
Siren
Professional Widow - MY GOD!
I Can't See New York
Precious Things

1st Encore

Bliss
Rattlesnakes

2nd Encore

Tombigbee
Tear In Your Hand - You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear this live!!
Hey Jupiter

OK -- so Tori was ULTRA HORNY tonight! Jesus. I've never seen her more raunchy in my life. It was awesome! She simulated giving a blow job to her microphone during 'Professional Widow' while singing "it's gotta be big.." and there was no missing the "COCK" line at the end. In 'Precious Things' she stood up and grabbed her crotch. She sang the funniest improv about the Canadian border patrol. The word 'f***' was uttered quite a few times. It was hilarious. She was in fine form tonight. I'd almost describe her as possessed when she was singing 'Professional Widow'. It was so good! Mike and I had a great time. It was nice to share such a great Tori show with someone who could equally appreciate it.
Ben Folds was GREAT! He is way too funny. There's a song he sang about Americans which was hysterical. That boy is bloody talented. He even took a break from the piano to do a rockin' drum solo. His setlist was fabulous too!
Oh -- there was also this hilarious dude dancing around like a drugged up hippie to 'Cornflake Girl'. Security made him sit down. Assholes. He wasn't hurting anyone -- just having a good time.
Anyway -- that was my awesome night. I was thrilled beyond belief that she played 'Siren' and 'Tear In Your Hand'. We thought that was the last song because she was "waving goodbye now" and then she blew us away with 'Hey Jupiter'. Ahhhh.

Re: Tori Amos

Hey! Thanks for sharing the details. I fell asleep in that big comfy purse of yours and didn't wake up 'til afterward.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Preaching to the converted with me, Pat. 'In A Rut' is indeed a fantastic song. Did they carry on after Malcolm Owen OD'd?

Never really rated 999 that much. I think 'Emergency' is a but lame. I like 'Nasty Nasty' though.

> 'I'm Alive' by 999 has just finished and now 'In A Rut' by The Ruts is on.
> I'd highly recommend both songs to my younger readers. That's, erm, all of
> you.

> Preaching to the converted with me, Pat. 'In A Rut' is indeed a fantastic
> song. Did they carry on after Malcolm Owen OD'd?

> Never really rated 999 that much. I think 'Emergency' is a but lame. I
> like 'Nasty Nasty' though.

i think The Ruts stumbled on, but it didn't come to much. I do remember listening to John Peel announce his death during one of his radio shows.
It was also listening to Peel that news of Ian Curtis's death was first broadcast. Aye, we lost a lot of good men.

Anyway, Bluebles, you never mentioned 'I'm Alive'. What do you think of it?

Back
Top Bottom