Morrissey Central "Vera Lynn" (August 28, 2020)

VERA LYNN IS UK NUMBER 1 WITH PATRIOTIC BRITISH SONG

MORRISSEY DISPLAYS VERA LYNN ON NME FRONT COVER

d4824f3d9449ca7bb6c39e57ed11255c_1_sdurrx.jpg

kevin cummins
photograph

(As seen recently in the condolences thread).
FWD.

I've never seen Brideshead. I've read the book & much as I love Evelyn, I thought war stress had made him a bit mushy.

Scoop is my favourite.
Evelyn would have certainly hated blacks. He was famously a bit of a grouch and misanthropist.

You're from Glasgow yeah, and everyone I've ever met from that town has been a militant leftie when it comes to the subject of migration.

People used to say (many still do): Hey, my parents came from Ireland so we must be on the side of the migrants. That just does not wash anymore, because look at Ireland now. A country of 4.5 million (half of London) is being swamped and will soon completely lose its identity.

Most of the people living there will not have relatives who fought so bravely to get the Brits out and create Eire. They will have no value for the land only for what they can take. For example, if a castle with rich history was to be turned into a drive thru McDonalds, they'd say good, bring it on, I like McDonalds.

What - as opposed to burning the castles down because we hated the landlords?

You didn't learn much about your own background, did you?

If you'd read his books you'd know there are black characters in them & he didn't hate them.
If he saw the current state of London he would be hitting the whisky and mouthing off I can assure you.

I can only imagine the language.

If he saw the current state of London he would be hitting the whisky and mouthing off I can assure you.

I can only imagine the language.

I know you can imagine the language. You just can't imagine what anyone else thinks or feels.

You're from Glasgow yeah, and everyone I've ever met from that town has been a militant leftie when it comes to the subject of migration.

People used to say (many still do): Hey, my parents came from Ireland so we must be on the side of the migrants. That just does not wash anymore, because look at Ireland now. A country of 4.5 million (half of London) is being swamped and will soon completely lose its identity. Those rebels must be turning in their graves.

Soon most of the people living there will not have relatives or any link to those who fought so bravely to get the Brits out and create a republic Eire. They will have no value for the land, only for what they can take to improve their living. For example, if a castle with rich history was to be turned into a drive thru McDonalds, they'd say good, bring it on, I like McDonalds.
You need to get yourself to Ibrox for some very different Glaswegian perspectives. Although Celtic Park isn’t always the best place to be if you’re Jewish.

What - as opposed to burning the castles down because we hated the landlords?

You didn't learn much about your own background, did you?
Brits stole castles that were there for years and built massive houses that yes, were burned in anger, I know that. But you're being pedantic and ignoring my point. Migrants don't have the same love for the land and history as natives - and that applies to any country anywhere. When they form the majority in Ireland it will completely disown its history - it's even beginning to do that already.

Brits stole castles that were there for years and built massive houses that yes, were burned in anger, I know that. But you're being pedantic and ignoring my point. Migrants don't have the same love for the land and history as natives - and that applies to any country anywhere. When they form the majority in Ireland it will completely disown its history - it's even beginning to do that already.

So Brits stole the land for 800 years but NOW there's a problem because there's 'migrants' in Ireland?

You're so full of it - history has always been a story that changes depending on the needs of the people telling it but they're not going to 'disown' it. There are very few cases of a Year Zero & it's always after a revolution & it never lasts.

But for his views on Ted Hughes, all is forgiven.

I love Ted Hughes! I get in so many battles with feminist Plath fans because they really, really HATE him. Even now!!!

Larkin wasn't all bad though - I feel I should leave a wee defence of him.

I love Ted Hughes! I get in so many battles with feminist Plath fans because they really, really HATE him. Even now!!!

Larkin wasn't all bad though - I feel I should leave a wee defence of him.

Hughes an original f***boy drove his wife to suicide and had to live in the long shadow of her legend for the remainder of his life. Too bad for him he didn't have what she had which was a GIFT - a preternatural one. Too bad for her, she let him to get under her skin. Thats weakness, not mental illness.

Hughes an original f***boy drove his wife to suicide and had to live in the long shadow of her legend for the remainder of his life. Too bad for him he didn't have what she had which a gift - a preternatural one. Too bad for her, she let him to get under her skin. Thats weakness, not mental illness.

Plath fans are fast!

I don't think it's as bad as that - they just weren't giving each other what they needed by the end & she was very unhappy. They're both great poets.

Back
Top Bottom