Ultimate Mozzer

Southpaw, not a lover of the album. Put it this way, nothing of the album would displace ANYTHING on my list.

As for B-sides, I rarely buy singles so i'm largely unfamiliar with most Morrissey B-Sides.

I should have followed the rules, but I think limiting the singles is a crap rule.

Sorry. I like my list:)
I had no problem whatsoever with the limiting singles rule (I only have 3 on my list!), most of my favourite Morrissey songs are album tracks and B-sides anyway. I only had problems with the 14 tracks rule.

Limiting singles is a good idea IMO, it prevents people from making boring 'Morrissey Greatest Hits' collections.

I had no problem whatsoever with the limiting singles rule (I only have 3 on my list!), most of my favourite Morrissey songs are album tracks and B-sides anyway. I only had problems with the 14 tracks rule.

I agree with you completely. Considering most of my absolute favorites are slower songs, a way to trim it down to 14 songs was to favor a few more upbeat songs so the album wouldn't be nothing but ballads. But then I ended up with a lot of singles upon first draft, and because I obsess over creating a certain running order of tracks, I'm still not completely satisfied with my list. But it's too much stress for me to choose favorites. Isn't that why Morrissey wrote I Can Have Both? He saw all the emotional strain his fans were going threw when having to choose favorites! :p

I agree with you completely. Considering most of my absolute favorites are slower songs, a way to trim it down to 14 songs was to favor a few more upbeat songs so the album wouldn't be nothing but ballads. But then I ended up with a lot of singles upon first draft, and because I obsess over creating a certain running order of tracks, I'm still not completely satisfied with my list. But it's too much stress for me to choose favorites. Isn't that why Morrissey wrote I Can Have Both? He saw all the emotional strain his fans were going threw when having to choose favorites! :p
But then it should have been I Can Have All? :p :D

I ended up with a lot of epic songs and ballads anyway, there were no rules against that...

and it's still just about 70 minutes, so it's OK.

I'm Trying

1) National Front Disco (YA)
2) The Boy Racer (Single)
3) Best Friend on the Payroll (SG)
4) Late Night, Maudlin Street (VH)
5) Lost (Other)
6) I'm Not Sorry (YATQ)
7) Sunny (Single)
8) Suedehead (Single)
9) Trouble Loves Me (M)
10) Mute Witness (KU)
11) Edges (Other)
12) You Have Killed Me (Single)
13) Life Is A Pigsty (ROT)
14) Now My Heart Is Full (VaI)

Title:Truely Morrissey

1. Maladjusted
2. Mute Witness
3. Trouble Loves Me
4. Alsatian Cousin
5. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
6. Seasick,Yet Still Docked
7. The First of the Gang To Die
8. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
9. Speedway
10.The Boy Racer
11.The National Front Disco
12.Everday Is Like Sunday
13.Life is a Pigsty
14.I've Changed My Plea To Guilty

I must say that making these albums up as playlists on the iPod is providing more entertainment for me than it should!

Good work people.

Colonel Blimp

TITLE: English Martyr

1) Now My Heart Is Full (Vauxhall)
2) Life Is A Pigsty (ROTT)
3) Driving Your Girlfriend Home (Kill Uncle)
4) We’ll Let You Know (Your Arsenal)
5) Everyday Is Like Sunday (single/ Viva Hate)
6) Trouble Loves Me (Maladjusted)
7) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (single)

8) The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils. (Southpaw)
9) Come Back To Camden (Quarry)
10) Speedway (Vauxhall)
11) Jack the Ripper (B-side)
12) Sister, I’m A Poet (B-side)
13) Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (Vauxhall)
14) Tomorrow (Your Arsenal)

Bonus track: Lost. (b-side)

Even if you count Tomorrow and Now My heart Is Full as singles (believe the latter was released somewhere as a single) I still qualify under your rules!

The omission of Suedehead, First Of the Gang and Irish Blood probably means this would scrape the Top 50 but its my choice! So there.

May do this for my I-pod, oh but I've lost the lead.
Where can I get another lead from and how much are they?

TITLE: English Martyr

1) Now My Heart Is Full (Vauxhall)
2) Life Is A Pigsty (ROTT)
3) Driving Your Girlfriend Home (Kill Uncle)
4) We’ll Let You Know (Your Arsenal)
5) Everyday Is Like Sunday (single/ Viva Hate)
6) Trouble Loves Me (Maladjusted)
7) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (single)

8) The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils. (Southpaw)
9) Come Back To Camden (Quarry)
10) Speedway (Vauxhall)
11) Jack the Ripper (B-side)
12) Sister, I’m A Poet (B-side)
13) Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (Vauxhall)
14) Tomorrow (Your Arsenal)

Bonus track: Lost. (b-side)

Even if you count Tomorrow and Now My heart Is Full as singles (believe the latter was released somewhere as a single) I still qualify under your rules!

The omission of Suedehead, First Of the Gang and Irish Blood probably means this would scrape the Top 50 but its my choice! So there.

May do this for my I-pod, oh but I've lost the lead.
Where can I get another lead from and how much are they?

I like it.

I think I might like you!

Well done.

Colonel Blimp.

Back
Top Bottom