TTY: Prince, RIP

Link from an anonymous person:

Prince, RIP - true-to-you.net
24 April 2016

Although a long-serving vegan and a strong advocate of the abolition of the abattoir, neither of these points was mentioned in the one hundred television reports that I witnessed yesterday as they covered the enchanted life and sad death of Prince. The points were not mentioned because they are identified as expressions against e$tabli$hment interests, therefore we, mere galley slaves, aren't allowed to know.
Prince has influenced the world more than is suspected, and somehow the life of his music is just beginning, and he would be thanked not only by humans but also animals for living his lyrical life as he did. Humans, you see, are not the world.
Meanwhile, on the same day that Prince melts away in physical form, London and England remain two very different countries, and in London the news media (under tyrannized instructions from Buckingham Palace) are informing the world that Her Royal Slyness is celebrating her 90th birthday, and we are assured that all of the United Kingdom is celebrating a monarch who has "served" (that is, served herself, not the people) for over 60 years. There is no evidence of celebrations, and in fact there are hushed reports of national indifference. In this mental maze the marrow of the matter has been grasped by everyone: monarchy is the new anarchy. It is the face of white supremacy, social repression, tyranny, oppression, thought control, big stick control, minority rule, dictatorship, and, on the streets beyond SW1, unfairness. All that can be honestly celebrated on Elizabeth's 90th birthday is the reality that she is the end of the family line. What else could her point be?
Prince, who made something of his life as opposed to having fortune handed to him, is far more 'royal' than Elizabeth 2, and he will be mourned far more than she, for she could never make herself loveable, no matter how many paid and promoted non-stories flood the newspapers of the world. The laughing gulls of Buckingham Palace will never allow you to forget who wields the stick. And, of course, we know very well what gulls tend to do on the people below.
Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her.

MORRISSEY
22 April 2016.

prince.jpg

UPDATE Apr. 27:

From terrancestamp:

Much has been said about the Prince and Morrissey's connection. Because of my deep love of Morrissey, I would bore anyone who would listen with my admiration for him. One fateful day in March of 1993 the radio station in Rome Georgia of all places, made an announcement that Prince would be doing an instore at Turtles Rhythm and Views in Atlanta. Because this is right at the time that Prince and Morrissey were supposed to be working together I decided to make the 2 hour trek to wait in line for a glimpse of the man and a possible autograph. Somehow I managed to get in with a copy of my Morrissey fanzine. When it was my turn I approached Prince about Morrissey and ask if they were going to work together. He said and I quote, in his very shy soft voice "Were just thinking about it". He then took a copy of my fanzine and signed my CD. So let the rumor mill be no more. Yes, they were thinking about working together. So they must have had some type of communication. Now only Morrissey can tell the rest of the story. Attached are some photos from that lucky day! Prince went on to do a mini concert for the people who waited in line that day. He did 3 songs from his "Purple Rain" period. Amazing treat from this Superstar to perform for a couple hundred people in a record store. He certainly had my respect from that day forward.

prince2.jpgprince1.jpg

Last edited:
Using Prince's death to have a pop at the Queen, seriously, how low can you go.

You in another thread: :D

"I don't think you or anyone else should be telling anyone what to do in the aftermath of someone dying."

You're an idiot, and your comprehension skills are appalling. I was commenting on Morrissey's crass response, not telling anyone what to do, you reactionary weeping anus.

As a huge Prince and Morrissey fan, I was happy to see he made a statement. Then I read it. This one pisses me off. Jesus Moz. Why bother mentioning Prince? Just go on with your usual rant and leave Prince out of it. Classless.

Everything was going well until he had to mention England and the Queen
But he might be right about the news not mentioning Prince Activism on animals and veganism at least in CNN and Fox they haven't at all but neither have they mentioned much about he was a Jehova witness.
Whatever .. It was a good chance to write about artists rights and record companies since Prince signed with every record company who didn't care much about his music and his continuous efforts to protect his own music .

Morrissey doesn't watch bBc news, which I guess is some type of obscure British news company. I don't know any cable companies in LA that have bBc but CNN and the other news reports mentioned Prince being a Vegan for his health and nothing about Animal Rights which is stupid, but if Prince didn't support Animal Rights, Morrissey would of never made a statement. The best part of this (of course) was his shitting on the old lady president of England and the "royal" family again. I love it. Anonymous-

I thought he was in Los Angeles? Why is he all stirred up and writing about England?

Let's go crazy ! Let's go nuts !
The future London mayor failure has spoken ha ha L O L !

Oh Steven I'm so glad you finally paid tribute to the people's Prince, The country is in mourning and people are gathering on the streets, I really think it would be a good idea if you, Diesel and Lawnmowers return from L A to London and fly the Purple Anarchy flag at half mast from the 5* Pestana. You could also mingle with the Princes mourners or even make a public address on tv.
I do hope you will consider my suggestions your Mojesty, I shall await your response, phone me if one would like to speak. (Also i f you intend to release future TTY statements it might be a good idea to give Morag a nod ).

T T F N.

Yours in debunking

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Oh you silly Benny. How did you manage to wriggle out of the straight jacket?

I saw countless references to Prince's veganism - off the top of my head, the BBC and Guardian. This is a shoddy, shoddy attempt to tie multiple news stories together in Morrissey's favour, and it does not work. Rubbish.

I'm not one stand up for Morrissey these days (most of the time he is a total berk) but I never knew Prince was a vegetarian or vegan, despite reading lots of obits, and lots of interviews with him over the years.

No time to read through all responses but ...
I don't think Prince was ever Morrissey's musical cuppa tea. Has he ever expressed a liking for any kind of 'funk'?
He was probably a bit jealous of Prince's huge commercial success which has dwarfed his own (even with Smiths).
But his views towards him will have softened over the years (like his views towards Robert Smith) and probably felt some kinship as they are almost the same age.
There were also rumours of a Morrissey/Prince collaboration in the early 90s when Moz became (relatively) big news in the US...

Morrissey is always stirred up and writing about England, that's why he lives as far away from England as he can in LA, but can sell out the Royal Albertsons Arena in Lundon if he wanted to. What a pathetic group of people with no pride.

It's clear Morrissey (and Prince) care more about animals than humans.

Prince was publicly and vehemently opposed to gay marriage, in spite of flirting with gay sensuality and sexuality throughout his career. He was a massive hypocrite.

He was a great artist but not an amazing human being.

Sure he was more popular than Moz and famous all over the world. But I never cared about his music. In fact when his song came up on the radio, I would change the station. And to call him a genius is completely over the top. I mentioned it in another post that people put the genius label on just about anything. Galileo Galilei or Copernicus were geniuses.

Musical talent does not equal genius.
Pop star does not equal genius.

About the time where Morrissey looked like he may break the American market there was a rumour that Prince and Morrissey were going to record a duet.

Prince's death did somewhat overshadow the Queens 90th Birthday I would have thought Morrissey would have been better than this statement and just left a tribute without the need to somehow link Prince's sad death to the Royal Family. A bit like Morrissey's career Prince's relevance declined after the 90s but his live shows were extraordinary. I class the time I saw him at the O2 (Prince not Morrissey) as one of the greatest gigs I've been to.

Prince as an artist, inspired and comforted more people and brought more joy to the world than a queen, president or any other authoritarian figure ever could.

Morrissey really hit the nail on the head when he said that the queen is the face of white supremacy. People don't seem to realize that when they're celebrating the queen, what they're really celebrating is white supremacy. Some are blinded by the queen because she's draped in jewels and furs. Some are sympathetic to the queen, because she's supposedly a regal old lady. What she really is, is the face of the oppression and white supremacy.

Prince represented racial harmony.

Last edited:
So what, he used Prince's death to take pot shots at the queen? He still has the nicest voice and a$$ in the bizness. He is so hot even as an older man.

Can you strictly be called a vegan if you are on so many prescription drugs you can't survive a journey in a lift?

Don't know ask Morrissey you horrible c***.
You hero has been doing coke, smoking and necking pills
Buy he's still a vegan. The whole point of of being a vegan, for many is to spare animals.

It's clear Morrissey (and Prince) care more about animals than humans.

Prince was publicly and vehemently opposed to gay marriage, in spite of flirting with gay sensuality and sexuality throughout his career. He was a massive hypocrite.

He was a great artist but not an amazing human being.

Prince was not against gay marriage you disrespectful liar. I that has been proven outright. He didn't flirt with Queerdom either.
He was just a feminine man. He liked pussy, which puts way ahead of gays with their mum issues.
I

Back
Top Bottom