TTY: Prince, RIP

Link from an anonymous person:

Prince, RIP - true-to-you.net
24 April 2016

Although a long-serving vegan and a strong advocate of the abolition of the abattoir, neither of these points was mentioned in the one hundred television reports that I witnessed yesterday as they covered the enchanted life and sad death of Prince. The points were not mentioned because they are identified as expressions against e$tabli$hment interests, therefore we, mere galley slaves, aren't allowed to know.
Prince has influenced the world more than is suspected, and somehow the life of his music is just beginning, and he would be thanked not only by humans but also animals for living his lyrical life as he did. Humans, you see, are not the world.
Meanwhile, on the same day that Prince melts away in physical form, London and England remain two very different countries, and in London the news media (under tyrannized instructions from Buckingham Palace) are informing the world that Her Royal Slyness is celebrating her 90th birthday, and we are assured that all of the United Kingdom is celebrating a monarch who has "served" (that is, served herself, not the people) for over 60 years. There is no evidence of celebrations, and in fact there are hushed reports of national indifference. In this mental maze the marrow of the matter has been grasped by everyone: monarchy is the new anarchy. It is the face of white supremacy, social repression, tyranny, oppression, thought control, big stick control, minority rule, dictatorship, and, on the streets beyond SW1, unfairness. All that can be honestly celebrated on Elizabeth's 90th birthday is the reality that she is the end of the family line. What else could her point be?
Prince, who made something of his life as opposed to having fortune handed to him, is far more 'royal' than Elizabeth 2, and he will be mourned far more than she, for she could never make herself loveable, no matter how many paid and promoted non-stories flood the newspapers of the world. The laughing gulls of Buckingham Palace will never allow you to forget who wields the stick. And, of course, we know very well what gulls tend to do on the people below.
Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her.

MORRISSEY
22 April 2016.

prince.jpg

UPDATE Apr. 27:

From terrancestamp:

Much has been said about the Prince and Morrissey's connection. Because of my deep love of Morrissey, I would bore anyone who would listen with my admiration for him. One fateful day in March of 1993 the radio station in Rome Georgia of all places, made an announcement that Prince would be doing an instore at Turtles Rhythm and Views in Atlanta. Because this is right at the time that Prince and Morrissey were supposed to be working together I decided to make the 2 hour trek to wait in line for a glimpse of the man and a possible autograph. Somehow I managed to get in with a copy of my Morrissey fanzine. When it was my turn I approached Prince about Morrissey and ask if they were going to work together. He said and I quote, in his very shy soft voice "Were just thinking about it". He then took a copy of my fanzine and signed my CD. So let the rumor mill be no more. Yes, they were thinking about working together. So they must have had some type of communication. Now only Morrissey can tell the rest of the story. Attached are some photos from that lucky day! Prince went on to do a mini concert for the people who waited in line that day. He did 3 songs from his "Purple Rain" period. Amazing treat from this Superstar to perform for a couple hundred people in a record store. He certainly had my respect from that day forward.

prince2.jpgprince1.jpg

Last edited:
First of all: all I said was respectfully.
Surely Bowie and Prince has no equality in Moz's pantheon. But when Moz sat quietly and did not write a word about Bowie - and it's his right - it seemed he still has any kind of hurt on Bowie.

its also possible that he just met his hero and found him different than he thought he would be. also bowies music influenced a very young morrissey it would seem so who knows how he felt about later music. at the end of the day he might have felt close to the music and not the man himself

Morrissey doesn't watch bBc news, which I guess is some type of obscure British news company. I don't know any cable companies in LA that have bBc but CNN and the other news reports mentioned Prince being a Vegan for his health and nothing about Animal Rights which is stupid, but if Prince didn't support Animal Rights, Morrissey would of never made a statement. The best part of this (of course) was his shitting on the old lady president of England and the "royal" family again. I love it. Anonymous-

So does England.

This is why I'm glad moz didn't write anything about Bowles death, it would just have given pricks like you a excuse to attack morrissey, using the death of one genius to attack another is shameful, f*** you and you're predictable opinions

Oh Pilgrimupnorth you really are slacking !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Sure he was more popular than Moz and famous all over the world. But I never cared about his music. In fact when his song came up on the radio, I would change the station. And to call him a genius is completely over the top. I mentioned it in another post that people put the genius label on just about anything. Galileo Galilei or Copernicus were geniuses.

Musical talent does not equal genius.
Pop star does not equal genius.
generally i agree, just as people put the label "beautiful" on just about anything too (no, that annoying chick from that godawful big bang show is not beautiful)

but since when has there ever been any absolute definition of what makes a person a genius? the last time i checked the jury was still out.
is a person crowned a genius when they make a great discovery or innovation that advances a particular field? is it when they are shown to be the bearer of virtuoso talent? is it prodigious output in one or more fields? it is the mere potential for prodigious output in one or more fields? is it the sum of a person's oeuvre? is it a sense of the visionary? or is it that talent certain people have for coming around at the right time, mirroring the spirit and the passions of the age in which they live? this last one is more important than you might think. mozart, to be sure, was a genius. but had he come around today and composed a work like eine kleine nachtmusik, he would've been mocked, considered irrelevant and, perhaps, mediocre. timing is very important in the crowning of geniuses, or at least in who we remember to be geniuses.
genius is one of those things people will go to the death arguing about, or at least they'll go to the death before they come to you for an opinion. if people want to say prince is a genius, let them. what do you know?

Prince would be alive if he'd tucked into a healthy thick and juicy steak burger.

You're an idiot, and your comprehension skills are appalling. I was commenting on Morrissey's crass response, not telling anyone what to do, you reactionary weeping anus.

The truth hurts then? "Indeed." I enjoy the way you split hairs to defend yourself and get so angry while simultaneously having the best time of your life, etc, and so forth.

I'm so glad he made this nice statement. Both Morrissey and Prince are pop music genius. Outwardly they seem to be very different, but they have in common two gifts: huge talent and great courage to face life. They are both worth of admiration.
Personally, I adore Morrissey. I feel his existence beautifies the world. Some people are like precious shining jewels and for me he is one of them. I understand others feel the same for Prince. His music is amazing, he revolutionized pop. In that aspect, "nothing compares to you" Prince.

Last edited:
There are too many letters missing to fully grasp what you mean, but unless I'm mistaken prescription pills are tested on animals, so shoving them down your neck by the handful isn't really all that vegan. I would have been entirely vegan today if I didn't have a bacon roll at lunchtime.

Prince can't have been much of a Jehovah's Witness if he ended up hooked on drugs, either. The sect forbids any action that might place oneself in any danger.

Prince had surgery and may have developed a dependency to pain medication, but that hasn't been determined. If your point is that people that take medication can't be vegan that's debatable, but in fact your intention is obviously to have a go at Morrissey by making ugly remarks about the recently deceased. Surely there are more honorable and direct ways to attack Morrissey.

I'm so glad he made this nice statement. Both Morrissey and Prince are pop music genius. Outwardly they seem to be very different, but they have in common two gifts: huge talent and great courage to face life. They are both worth of admiration.
Personally, I adore Morrissey. I feel his existence beautifies the world. Some people are like precious shining jewels and for me he is one of them. I understand others feel the same for Prince. His music is amazing, he revolutionized pop. In that aspect, "nothing compares to you" Prince.

aside from the music being amazing as it doesnt say anything to me i agree with this

very true. beautifully said.

Come down to earth, counthree. You are flying high as a kite. You also sound like Barbara Walters and her yearly special: The most fascinating people. She thinks Bradley Cooper, Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn) and some other pop tarts are people we should hold in high esteem. How about the humanitarians, the Nobel prize winners, the simple people as everyday heroes in war-torn countries. Those are fascinating people. You guys live in an inflated, artificially flavoured and coloured bubble and I am here to burst it for you.

Beautifully said and totally accurate too. Barley nut and the rest of the golems can wallow in their hatred.

About the time where Morrissey looked like he may break the American market there was a rumour that Prince and Morrissey were going to record a duet.

Thanks for posting this. I thought that happened, but wasn't exactly sure. Prince reached out to Morrissey (as he was a fan) and Moz said no...

Didn't Moz once say something along the lines of 'the only reason Prince is popular is because he's black - if he was white, people would realise he has no talent'. I do have to say though - drawing parallels with the the death of Queen Bitch is inevitable, given their vying for the lead news story on the day. Someone has to speak up for the sizeable chunk of the British population that can't stand the German freeloader and her family.

How do you know that? Not ALL of his opinions and sentiments and thoughts are public, you know. And perhaps Bowie's death was too personal, too big of a blow? Only he knows, and why the hell should we bother? He doesn't owe you or me or anyone else to flaunt all of his innermost feelings online.

Get over it, all of you. As far as I know Robert Smith or Johnny Marr didn't say a word publicly about Bowie either, and they're just as big fans as Moz.

Spot on. '....too personal, too big a blow....'.

There can be only two reasons why there wasn't a TTY statement on Bowie's passing. He was either being our beloved Morrissey and not saying anything because he knew it would send us in a tizzy, and be very 'Morrissey-like', OR, it was too personal. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I, for one am going to believe in the latter.

It's clear Morrissey (and Prince) care more about animals than humans.

Prince was publicly and vehemently opposed to gay marriage, in spite of flirting with gay sensuality and sexuality throughout his career. He was a massive hypocrite.

He was a great artist but not an amazing human being.

Prince wasn't anti gay marriage as he vehemently says that he was misquoted regarding this.

Didn't Moz once say something along the lines of 'the only reason Prince is popular is because he's black - if he was white, people would realise he has no talent'. I do have to say though - drawing parallels with the the death of Queen Bitch is inevitable, given their vying for the lead news story on the day. Someone has to speak up for the sizeable chunk of the British population that can't stand the German freeloader and her family.

I'd say more than a sizeable chunk. The BBC coverage was sickeningly embarrassing. I was driving round much of Manchester on that day and I did not see one Union flag, bunting etc. Just an ordinary day. That's both city centre and suburbs. I had the radio on the whole time. It just did not correlate with what was actually happening. Just because some corner of Windsor was filled with bussed-in misfits, wierdos and stalkers waving flags. Nobody cares. From my primary aged children to my 70 year old mother. The BBC are a disgrace.

"There is no evidence of celebrations,.."

Eh?

You don't have to be a monarchist to know that is a load of BS.

Morrissey must get his news from sources based in Iran, China, North Korea or Putin's Russia.

Back
Top Bottom