TMDQA!: "Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation" (February 21, 2024)

Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation

Morrissey may be causing financial inconvenience to his fans after canceling his two shows in Brazil, which were scheduled to take place this February.

According to the national producers who were responsible for the ex- The Smiths' performances in the country, the veteran musician has not yet returned the fee that was paid for the performances in advance.

Morrissey's first announcement in Brazil indicated that the artist would visit São Paulo and Brasília with the tour that celebrates his 40-year career in September last year. However, after the singer was diagnosed with Dengue, the shows were rescheduled for February 2024.

At the end of January this year, with less than a month to go before the shows scheduled for February 22nd, in São Paulo, and 24th, in Brasília, a statement said that Morrissey was “under medical supervision due to physical exhaustion.”.

Producers say Morrissey didn't pay back fees
Although Free Pass, the company that took care of the São Paulo show, confirmed the refund for those who purchased the tickets, the producer requested a period of up to 90 days to return the money to the public. This is because the amount, as provided for in the contract, was passed almost entirely to Morrissey in advance and, to date, he has not returned the amount.

OnStage Agência, responsible for the show in Brasília, also shared a similar statement and, like Free Pass, regretted the cancellation of the performance and guaranteed assistance to fans who were harmed.

Morrissey's shows would mark his fifth visit to Brazil, the last of which was in 2018, when he was promoting his 2017 album Low in High School .

While he doesn't return to the country, the musician's fans await his new album Bonfire of the Teenagers , which has been teased by the artist since 2021.

Last year, the singer accused Capital Records of having “destroyed” his career and stated that he is being subjected to “torture” in this process, although he highlighted that the company is “prepared to return [the record] for a certain price ”, without elaborating much on the possibility of a launch.

Producer statement regarding refund for Morrissey show.

Free Pass Entretenimento, responsible for organizing Morrissey's show in São Paulo and, in reference to the cancellation of the tour carried out by the artist, is hereby announcing that we are working diligently to organize the necessary procedures and request a deadline of up to 90 days to complete the process.

We also inform that, the company Ticket360, a company acting as a partner of Free Pass Entretenimento in the sale of tickets, for contractual reasons, had already transferred almost the entire amount of funds raised from the sale of tickets with Free Pass Entretenimento, funds that were paid to the artist and which have not yet been returned .

In this way, Free Pass Entretenimento guarantees its existing commitment of more than 15 years in carrying out its activities, carried out with the necessary quality and confidence, ensuring that all customers impacted by the cancellation will be duly reimbursed.

We appreciate your understanding and reiterate our request for patience during this period.

We regret the cancellation of the event and are available to resolve any potential issues.

For more information and monitoring of the refund process, please contact Free Pass Entretenimento.

This is not cool. I wonder if he used the money to buy the album back?

Translation: Morrissey has not yet returned fees for canceled shows in Brazil. Shows were supposed to take place in September 2023, were postponed until February and then cancelled. The producers say they are waiting for a position and for him to return the money he has already received for the shows that will not take place.

(2 stories merged)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue it started in 2014 when the relationship soured with Harvest. We saw Morrissey acting in a way we had not seen before (at least to that level). I won't bother listing all the items I'm referring to but most of you know them. It also seemed to set a template for how he worked with record companies that's lasted as recently as Capitol.
Yeah totally. Peak was Autobiography. Downhill from there, and fast! WPINOYP being pulled after 3 weeks and remaining down the memory hole for 10 years in 2014, then List of the Lost totally erasing the praise Autobiography received in 2015. Average album in LIHS, but now he's only pulled off a successful album/tour cycle ONCE (2017) since 2009! All while at the same time as technology allowed him to speak without going through journalists who lie, he retreats more and more. Does he not realize the audience for his celeb obits is the same one who wasn't buying the YATQ 20 shows?

Yes. I think we should take the hiring of a manager as a healthy sign, and a step in the right direction.
Yes, it almost feels like things are starting to look up.

Makes me wonder if Morrissey would be a cheapo and not even tip his waiter or bartender as well.
he's British.

IMG_5567.jpeg

Nobody should be tipped. Ever. For any reason.
It’s just simply distasteful.

I would argue it started in 2014 when the relationship soured with Harvest. We saw Morrissey acting in a way we had not seen before (at least to that level). I won't bother listing all the items I'm referring to but most of you know them. It also seemed to set a template for how he worked with record companies that's lasted as recently as Capitol.
Yes, the pulling of World Peace in 2014 was an absolute debacle! The album itself was a debacle.

While it may not have been noticeable until around that time, with the examples noted, it had begun long before that, imo. Maybe even close to ten years prior, actually.

I doubt it was on Morrissey's to-do list, to nip into the PO after the bakery to arrange a postal order to Brazil?! It's an insurance matter but clearly rules out his touring in that region ever again.

I doubt it was on Morrissey's to-do list, to nip into the PO after the bakery to arrange a postal order to Brazil?! It's an insurance matter but clearly rules out his touring in that region ever again.
Yes. Just them shit stirring and stalling coughing up, it looks like to me. But also sending a message that he’s persona non grata—but the feeling will be 100% mutual now.

Por sí mismoLuckily they refunded my entry money.I do not believe that Morrissey keeps the money of his Brazilian fans. To do things right you must issue an urgent statement. This situation harms your career.

Por sí mismoLuckily they refunded my entry money.I do not believe that Morrissey keeps the money of his Brazilian fans. To do things right you must issue an urgent statement. This situation harms your career.
You're expecting waaaaaay too much.

Unfortunately, whether this is true or not or whether he's kept the money maliciously or innocently doesn't really matter. This is yet another nail in the coffin; it'll make promoters think even harder than they already were about working with him in the future. Not good.

Unfortunately, whether this is true or not or whether he's kept the money maliciously or innocently doesn't really matter. This is yet another nail in the coffin; it'll make promoters think even harder than they already were about working with him in the future. Not good.

If he’s willing to pay their price, they’ll be welcoming with open arms.

Money changes everything.

I know nothing about concerts, fees, Brazilian law, Morrissey's team and have never met Morrissey, so shoot me down in flames for offering a view! Is this about the cancelled new dates for Brazil? In which case one concert should have happened two days ago and one today - though am not sure when they were officially cancelled. So aren't we still in an acceptable time frame for return of fees?

Moz doesn't rip off their fans, I'm sure. Mozuchiss get well and I'll wait for you in Argentina.Clarify the situations.don't let things go. The haters want to destroy you and take advantage of everything. Long live Morrissey. Mozuchisss te banco

I know nothing about concerts, fees, Brazilian law, Morrissey's team and have never met Morrissey, so shoot me down in flames for offering a view! Is this about the cancelled new dates for Brazil? In which case one concert should have happened two days ago and one today - though am not sure when they were officially cancelled. So aren't we still in an acceptable time frame for return of fees?
He canceled them about a month ago and no, I don't think we are in an acceptable timeframe. This is the second time, he postponed the first time, he has had the money for far too long.

Wouldn't it be normal for refunds to be offered only once it is known that the event won't be rescheduled?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom