Morrissey Central "There Is A Happy Land." (February 14, 2024)

"That's How I Got Exhausted" sung to the tune of "That's How People Grow Up"

I burned through my days
Desperately chasing after live dates
Disappointment descended upon me
Crushed my spirit, left me battered and drained

But that's how people get exhausted
That's how people get exhausted

I drank away my nights
Hunted for affection
Yearned for someone to see me
As their shining beacon
I wasted away my moments
Prayed for love
For a love that remained elusive
From someone who was nothing but a figment

And that's how I got exhausted
That's how I got exhausted

Let me have existed
Before I wither away
No, not me
Not exhaustion

I squandered my very essence
Consumed by self-absorption
A voice from the brink of death murmured
There were other torments, too

Cancelled shows and tours, with no apologies to my fans
A burden I carry, a weight upon my conscience
Each missed connection, each broken promise
Adding to the fatigue, the relentless march of exhaustion

Resting in Zurich under Captain Donnie's orders
Yet even in the sanctuary of sleep, the demons of exhaustion haunt me
Every moment is a battle against the unyielding tide of fatigue

As for me, I am exhausted
For now, at least
🎶 Thaaaaat’s why I’m in reeee-hhaaaaaaaa-aaa-aab 🎶

Thats how people... is a great song, my opinion. A love that never comes from someone who does not exist...
Morrissey, a great crooner

Of all the certified classics in his canon, this one gets lifted up.

Perplexing in 2008, perplexing now.
Sometimes I feel cautious criticising songs, because tracks weirdly seem more likely to be revived if there’s any negative consensus.

Morrissey: I can’t get enough of That’s How People Grow Up, Crashing Bores and Paris; belters, the lot of them.

Another coded message after the free BOT which gives me more and more hope.

There is a happy land rhymes with There is a happy end = NEW RECORD DEAL (finally) :crazy:

I actually think YOR is underrated and one of his last good records. Carol and One Day Goodbye are excellent!

I kinda like Black Cloud, but the rest of “Years of Reluctance” is not even decent filler. Carol was the first taste of the “holiday in Magaluf” sound that later gave us the abomination called Worldpeace.

This Macarena sound doesn’t become him. It sounds cheap, cringeworthy and carnavalesque. No wonder Harvest dropped him after releasing that awful, horrible album.

"There is a happy land" where the crowds and affection are immense/endless, self-proclaimed
truthtellers are celebrated as messiahs and the reporting/reviews are always positive/true.
Have a drink on me on St Valentines day massacre, all you little solo inhabitants.

Last edited:
I'm the creator of the term Mozuuchisss for Morrissey so don't appropriate it.... I can lend it to you. I don't feel like saying hello to Morrissey, he doesn't care about his fans .........

Well, I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission, but in my defense, I didn't know it was exclusively yours. It was just the most memorable of all the various, cutesy, lovey-dovey Mozzy-suffixes that we get on here.

Well, I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission, but in my defense, I didn't know it was exclusively yours. It was just the most memorable of all the various, cutesy, lovey-dovey Mozzy-suffixes that we get on here.
Of course, cheesy or not, I call it Mozuchiss or Mozulisssss, but I don't feel like calling it that... It's not motivating me... I don't want to say hello to Morrissey, Moz is a bit bad. I feel something called disappointment, I thought it was something else....

I kinda like Black Cloud, but the rest of “Years of Reluctance” is not even decent filler. Carol was the first taste of the “holiday in Magaluf” sound that later gave us the abomination called Worldpeace.

This Macarena sound doesn’t become him. It sounds cheap, cringeworthy and carnavalesque. No wonder Harvest dropped him after releasing that awful, horrible album.
I love "Years of Refusal" but have to agree about the 'holiday in Magaluf' sound. It just sounds so dated to me. Dated, cheesy and out of place.

Of course, cheesy or not, I call it Mozuchiss or Mozulisssss, but I don't feel like calling it that... It's not motivating me... I don't want to say hello to Morrissey, Moz is a bit bad. I feel something called disappointment, I thought it was something else....

You're not going to lift Morrissey's spirits by saying he's bad and you're disappointed in him. He's recovering from physical exhaustion in Zurich, for heaven's sake. Just think of poor little Mozuchiss in a wheelchair, with a tartan blanket over his legs, in his sanatorium suite with a thermometer in his mouth, and a pair of elderly Swiss nurses frowning at him impatiently. Don't you want to send him your love?

You're not going to lift Morrissey's spirits by saying he's bad and you're disappointed in him. He's recovering from physical exhaustion in Zurich, for heaven's sake. Just think of poor little Mozuchiss in a wheelchair, with a tartan blanket over his legs, in his sanatorium suite with a thermometer in his mouth, and a pair of elderly Swiss nurses frowning at him impatiently. Don't you want to send him your love?
I have to think about it... Your words are very sweet and silly, I confess... tears filled my eyes imagining Moz in those conditions, he doesn't deserve me....,.ahaaa...

Yes I can picture it all now Audrey….. Moz being pushed around in a wheelchair by Joey Barton, with two scantily clad, busty nurses who refer to him as , young Mr
Grace.

By the way Audrey…. I’m presuming you’ve held a vigil for our lad?

I love "Years of Refusal" but have to agree about the 'holiday in Magaluf' sound. It just sounds so dated to me. Dated, cheesy and out of place.

Just the beginning of “Staircase at the Poolside Bar” just annoys the hell out of me. It’s more cheesy than a quattro formaggi pizza.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom