Morrissey Central Sky Sports apologise after libellous comment about Morrissey is aired during Sunday Supplement live broadcast - London Evening Standard

Geoff Shreeves was forced to apologise on behalf of Sky Sports after a libellous comment about Morrissey was aired during the live broadcast of Sunday Supplement.

Excerpt:

With presenter Shreeves and his four-man panel of reporters live streaming from home, the comment was heard at the start of the show.

A conversation was heard between members of the panel, before a libellous comment about the iconic frontman of The Smiths was heard.

The show continued, but following its first advertisement break, Shreeves apologised for the comments made by the Telegraph’s chief football writer, Sam Wallace.

Shreeves said: "At the start of this of this program a brief private conversation was unintentionally broadcast. It was not meant for broadcast and any conversation does not reflect the views of Sky Sports."

Here’s the video:

UPDATE:

Alexi posted the link:

Excerpt:

Sky Sports have been forced to apologise after comments made by one of the guests on their Sunday Supplement show accidentally made the air.

The guest appeared to say "Morrissey's been cancelled hasn't he as he's basically turned out to be a racist", before host Geoff Shreeves swiftly let them know the broadcast had already begun.

UPDATE 11:20 AM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Now a Central post:
"SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS OUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY"

SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY:
SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JOURNALIST SAM WALLACE EXPOSES MORRISSEY TO HATRED, RIDICULE AND INJURY

SER's video text and video appear on Central.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANOTHER WIN FOR MOZ !!!

:tiphat:

Yes a scary trend has begun where a person can be ‘cancelled’ or ‘deleted’ if they don’t fit in with the mainstream line as if they are a spelling error or a tired tv sitcom. What next people should be physically removed and erased as well? It no longer matters whether you have broken any laws everything is conducted by twitter-trial. Recently Jonathan Ross appeared on a BBC show where he claimed he hasn’t cancelled Morrissey...yet. Sad when even a great broadcaster like Jonathan Ross is adopting this mental mentality.

They don't just cancel the person, they try to cancel anyone who refuses to cancel the person. And for a while everyone was too scared of being next to pushback.

ANOTHER WIN FOR MOZ !!!

:tiphat:

He used to be Canadianist too. I'm Canadian. He's still Canadianist. He's given Canada Goose shit for using fur or feathers or something. But I'm still here. Canada is not the world. We know where we can shove our sealskin coats.

All he has to do is go back on the showbiz media circuit - which he's avoiding because I think he is genuinely socially anxious & hates it. But he's STILL managing to cause a fuss without it. Which is remarkable.
Do you ever turn your bullshit off? You are hand-down one of the dumbest f***s on this website. Is there a single thing you won't go out of your way to justify? Who are you even talking to?

The other day, I was walking with someone, and he said Morrissey's racist. I agreed, and added that he's a misogynist. Did I mean it? Yes and no. I definitely like some of his songs, and would also like to go for a walk with him. No wavering there. That tells me something.

Yes, I think he is socially anxious. Its the thing that propels him and its the thing that holds him back. How he managed to cope with the highs and lows of songwriting for so long, I'll never know. He must have been born to do it.

He must love singing more than he hates the social side.

Do I really think Morrissey's a racist and misogynist, no.

They don't just cancel the person, they try to cancel anyone who refuses to cancel the person. And for a while everyone was too scared of being next to pushback.
True and sadly some people are being forced into positions because of pressure from the baying mob and out of fear the R word may be thrown in their direction. Essentially they are hounding the artists, the art and the the people that will not worship their supposedly tolerant ideology. It takes guts to take a stand and not be drowned into silence.

Morrissey could rape and murder Nerak's mother and she'd still be like "That's just who he is! He's a provocateur and comes from a long lineage of artists who push boundaries!" Relentless low-level PR schtick. Please stop speaking as though you have any idea of what you're talking about.

Well indeed. Firstly it would not be libel, it would be slander. And if he wants to take these people to court for airing these views publicly, I say let him get on with it. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on, there's an awful lot of corroborating material out there, not least Fat Gay Vegan's excellent collected evidence. It would be amusing to watch.
You forgot to say that you know this because you're married to a lawyer. - 3 Internet authority points for you.

Morrissey could rape and murder Nerak's mother and she'd still be like "That's just who he is! He's a provocateur and comes from a long lineage of artists who push boundaries!" Relentless low-level PR schtick. Please stop speaking as though you have any idea of what you're talking about.

A t.v. company issued an apology to him & you somehow think that's like him raping & murdering.

So f*** knows what you think you're talking about.

Do you ever turn your bullshit off? You are hand-down one of the dumbest f***s on this website. Is there a single thing you won't go out of your way to justify? Who are you even talking to?

I was talking to Dale. About Morrissey. Because it's a Morrissey website.

A t.v. company issued an apology to him & you somehow think that's like him raping & murdering.

So f*** knows what you think you're talking about.
Aw, the big girl flexes her reading comprehension ability. Good try. I don't give a shit one way or another about the apology or Morrissey's gaffes-of-the-day, I just find your relentless compulsion to defend and justify every single thing Morrissey does as if you work for him or know him on a personal level so deeply grating.

This is the main reason I can't see this going any further. Imagine a judge ruling that it's legally OK to call him a racist. He may as well go and live in a bunker, what's left of any career he has would be finished.
And you'll cling to the very last thread of it.

These days 'racist' = anyone remotely critical of the idea that we should have endless immigration to the point where there is no indigenous culture left.

Boycott Sky Sports!!!!!!
nobody likes sky sports,they have got Scottish football for the next six years and everyone I know is dreading it.biased f***ers.i actuall watched a bit of this when flicking the channels,used to be good years ago,not anymore.they have one subject ENNGGEEERRRLLAAANNNDDD.

Back
Top Bottom