Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
It's very simple. Because one 'side' is a great artist who changed the way we think about pop music. And the other is some guy from a management company. I'm gonna cut Morrissey some slack for that reason alone. Ultimately this all boils down to Morrissey not wanting to change a track that he recorded with another artist and that he thought was 'perfect' as it was. There is something admirable about that. Could he have handled this better? Of course. But we all make mistakes.
You cannot be naive enough to think Morrissey's motivation to keep MC's vocals on such a pedestrian, mediocre track was for artistic purposes.

It's very simple. Because one 'side' is a great artist who changed the way we think about pop music. And the other is some guy from a management company. I'm gonna cut Morrissey some slack for that reason alone.
So because M wrote undoubtedly great lyrics in the past he trumps everyone in every possible scenario? Do mean it this way or do you mean it's a David vs. Goliath situation? Because in both instances it just doesn't add up. That he wrote great lyrics doesn't mean that's its ok to blatantly lie, regardless of whom is calling him out for it. And don't forget that he provoked a reaction. It's not like Scott Rodger woke up one day and thought "Today I post an e-mail chain with Morrissey, just because I can" out of the blue.

Ultimately this all boils down to Morrissey not wanting to change a track that he recorded with another artist and that he thought was 'perfect' as it was. There is something admirable about that. Could he have handled this better? Of course. But we all make mistakes
What's admirable about ignoring the other parties involved? It's selfish. Because he didn't respect that he shouldn't mention her. And it was clearly not out of artistic choice. He hoped his career would get a "700%" boost from a "so huge" popstar.

It's very simple. Because one 'side' is a great artist who changed the way we think about pop music. And the other is some guy from a management company. I'm gonna cut Morrissey some slack for that reason alone. Ultimately this all boils down to Morrissey not wanting to change a track that he recorded with another artist and that he thought was 'perfect' as it was. There is something admirable about that. Could he have handled this better? Of course. But we all make mistakes.

So why didn't he say that rather than lying to everyone for a couple of years. As others have said, he has targeted a woman including pictures of her when she has done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
You cannot be naive enough to think Morrissey's motivation to keep MC's vocals on such a pedestrian, mediocre track was for artistic purposes.
I love the LP, but it was noticeable that the additional vocalists on California Son were so far back in the mix that their names (rather than their voices) were the only possible justification for their appearance.

So why didn't he say that rather than lying to everyone for a couple of years. As others have said, he has targeted a woman including pictures of her when she has done nothing wrong.

Do people really think he’s targeting her because she is a woman?

Or is he blaming her because she represents the person that most likely makes these kind of final decisions at Capitol, in regards to this BoT situation?

Sorry, but we simply don’t know the full story.

Do people really think he’s attacking her because she is a woman?

Or is he blaming her because she represents the person that most likely makes these kind of final decisions at Capitol, in regards to this BoT situation?

Sorry, but we simply don’t know the full story.
Capitol did not make the decision, Miley's team did. There was legal action. Capitol's hands are tied. Did you want her to just ignore a ceast and desist? Are you even being serious? No matter how you want to spin this, it is not ok to put up a picture of a woman and encourage people to bully her and say she is ruining your career, when she is not.

What the point? She could be (allegedly, not saying she is) the problem and also she is a woman, I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

He’s what? Sexist? A misogynist? A woman beater? 😂
It's really good to know you find woman beating amusing. No wonder you don't get this. I am not wasting more of my time with you.

It's really good to know you find woman beating amusing. No wonder you don't get this. I am not wasting more of my time with you.
I don’t find it funny at all. I’m just pointing out you seemed to be making a point out of the fact that he put up a photo of a woman he has a grievance with on his website. If it was a man there would be no issue. So I’m not sure what you’re getting at really, he hasn’t made threats, been offensive in anyway he’s just speaking his mind.

We know he wasn't behind the fan campaign on Twitter because they post about it.

He also didn't get fans to @ abuse at Miley or Michelle.

The posts on Central aren't his style.

We know the "banned" conspiracy theory was suggested to him - most likely as an excuse to keep posting damaging content about Bonfire & Notre because that's what happened.

GB won’t like you posting facts.
He’s another one who like the new fans Marianne, Trina and the rest of that list lot who will defend anything Morrissey says. They will also like anything he likes. And they all adore all the covers he sings. And the covers have been on wish lists to hear. It’s all about being noticed.
As tragic as it sounds.
And you’re 100% right about FiDo, she’s appalling in all she does, and says.
All are part of the problem.
Life was a lot simpler once.

True to you Mozi babe 🤗
It seems to me that there are quite a few people in denial or trying to put a spin on things or just outright defending the abuse Morrissey has heaped on people. Maybe one day they will be the only ones left.

Back
Top Bottom