Morrissey Central "Regrets." (July 11, 2023)

IMG_9033.jpeg

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

Last edited:
I personally think any person experiencing the state of being in regret is going on a fools mission.

The past is the past, imo. Whats done has been done.

Look up.

Take flight.

Ah...I will advise
Ah...Until my mouth dries
Ah...I will advise you to...

For those who care, or believed otherwise, I’ve just had a message telling me that Nottingham won’t be rescheduled (from Ticketmaster).

think about it.

The point is, that without the team, Michael wouldn’t have given you the result that matters to you. Where Prince could give a result that matters to his fans without a team.

There is indeed a difference in talent. Which is why in this comparison, Prince is the superior talent.

End of.
I just don’t buy that thesis. Just because you do most of the work yourself doesn’t mean the end product is automatically better or that you are the superior talent. Besides, Michael wrote and produced most of the songs, arranged all of them, did his own backing vocals, choreographed the videos, produced or co-produced the albums.

I prefer Michael Jackson. Better songwriter, better singer, better dancer, better showmanship. Prince was a proficient musician/instrumentalist, who could play some crazy solos, but that’s not very interesting. Not saying he didn’t write some good songs, god knows he did, but let’s not kid ourselves. There are those that are superior.
That's pretty funny.

They pushed Pushit to the Salival rendition, so they still may be able to yet! I agree everything after Lateralus has sounded samey (except for Descending; that song is something else).

I remember being in woodwork class in 2004 saying to a friend, "How are they possibly going to make something better than Lateralus?" ...and of course, they didn't.

The Salival live tracks were incredible. So much energy - Maynard and Danny Carey specifically sounded amazing, though Adam and Justin always sound fantastic anyway.

From the new LP, Pneuma - by itself - was worth the full price of the album :). I was also very impressed when I listened to Tempest, which ended up winning a Grammy. Descending is also a slamming track. I really enjoy all the albums post-Lateralus. I'm still a big Undertow fan myself...though we'll never get those same vocals again. However, the drumming post-Undertow has been increasingly ground-breaking.

Morrissey and Maynard - two special voices that really hit your heart. I discovered them both in 1994, and my life has been better ever since. They both taught me so much about the powers of voice and words.

Moderator?

Fascinating.

Hits dislike on every single post that is critical or isn't praising everything Morrissey does?

Fascinating. Posts like this are the reason for my signature.

The Salival live tracks were incredible. So much energy - Maynard and Danny Carey specifically sounded amazing, though Adam and Justin always sound fantastic anyway.

From the new LP, Pneuma - by itself - was worth the full price of the album :). I was also very impressed when I listened to Tempest, which ended up winning a Grammy. Descending is also a slamming track. I really enjoy all the albums post-Lateralus. I'm still a big Undertow fan myself...though we'll never get those same vocals again. However, the drumming post-Undertow has been increasingly ground-breaking.

Morrissey and Maynard - two special voices that really hit your heart. I discovered them both in 1994, and my life has been better ever since. They both taught me so much about the powers of voice and words.

I think "jimmy" (lowercase intentional) is one of the most moving tracks ever. I'm also very partial to You Lied (Live) from Salival, even though it's a cover from Peach GB, Justin's old band. Probably my favourite Tool song. It makes you feel like you're wrapped up in a warm ball of energy or something.

Surely enough, after I saw Rammstein live in 2011, I decided I was too exhausted and didn't stay late into the night for Tool. Of course, they played You Lied: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2011/sydney-showground-sydney-australia-73d2d29d.html

Gutted.

Incidentally, did it cross you over to the world of Bill Hicks? They go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned.

People suck, and that's my contention. I can prove it on scratch paper and a pen. Give me a f***ing Etch-a-Sketch, I'll do it in three minutes: the proof, the fact, the factorum, I'll show my work, case closed. I'm tired of this back-slapping "aren't-humanity-neat" bullshit, we're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.

Incidentally, did it cross you over to the world of Bill Hicks? They go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned.

People suck, and that's my contention. I can prove it on scratch paper and a pen. Give me a f***ing Etch-a-Sketch, I'll do it in three minutes: the proof, the fact, the factorum, I'll show my work, case closed. I'm tired of this back-slapping "aren't-humanity-neat" bullshit, we're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.

I own the big three Bill Hicks CDs. It's a hoot...it's a F'n hoot! It's irony...on the base level. :)

I wonder if Morrissey imagines that having had dinner they would've bummed afterwards and that's why the regret. I can't see that that would've happened, moz, so no use tearing yourself up about it! You had about as much of a chance with prince as Fiona or Julia have with you!
Wait, so "bum" is also a verb, and it means to have sex?
You learn something new every day.

I own the big three Bill Hicks CDs. It's a hoot...it's a F'n hoot! It's irony...on the base level. :)

I love that one clip where he goes crazy on that female heckler, the "drunk c***".

Wait, so "bum" is also a verb, and it means to have sex?
You learn something new every day.

Yes, I think's it's more British/Australian; i.e. "that guy over there wants to bum me."

I think "jimmy" (lowercase intentional) is one of the most moving tracks ever. I'm also very partial to You Lied (Live) from Salival, even though it's a cover from Peach GB, Justin's old band. Probably my favourite Tool song. It makes you feel like you're wrapped up in a warm ball of energy or something.

Surely enough, after I saw Rammstein live in 2011, I decided I was too exhausted and didn't stay late into the night for Tool. Of course, they played You Lied: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2011/sydney-showground-sydney-australia-73d2d29d.html

Gutted.

I saw Tool live on the Lateralus tour. A real eclectic, almost death-metal band named Fantomas was the opener. Pretty sure that group had Buzz from Melvins and Mike Patton of Mr. Bungle, FNM, and others. On that day, Maynard didn't sound his best (the effects helped though), but the band - of course - was otherworldly.

On a side note, the first two APC albums are pretty terrific. I remember when Mer De Noms was released and I listened to it for like two weeks straight. I think it was in the early Summer when I first got it and nothing else new was nearly as good for months after. It really helped light up the season for me.

I saw Tool live on the Lateralus tour. A real eclectic, almost death-metal band named Fantomas was the opener. Pretty sure that group had Buzz from Melvins and Mike Patton of Mr. Bungle, FNM, and others. On that day, Maynard didn't sound his best (the effects helped though), but the band - of course - was otherworldly.

On a side note, the first two APC albums are pretty terrific. I remember when Mer De Noms was released and I listened to it for like two weeks straight. I think it was in the early Summer when I first got it and nothing else new was nearly as good for months after. It really helped light up the season for me.

RE: APC, their best song (arguably) 3 Libras, they still refuse to play the album version live and keep doing that stupid All Main Courses Mix - even when they played all the albums live in sequential order!

I love Prince, if Moz had teamed up with him I would have rushed to the front of the stage and screamed at them like some crazy fangurl! Two stars one orbit and theres did never cross paths.

Love Michael Caine xxxxxxx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom