Morrissey Central "Regrets." (July 11, 2023)

IMG_9033.jpeg

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

Last edited:
Why would he post this right now? Strange.

How about having some regrets about screwing 'round those who were attending Nottingham, huh?

He will literally post any old shit but the stuff he should really post about.

But Morrissey & Visconti in 2011? He didn't even have a record contract then.
As posted by Anonymous earlier, studio time in Temple Lane Studios was commissioned by MTV in July 2011 for 'Studio in Session'. Moz appears to be mistaken about the studio - Temple Lane not Windmill Lane - and about who did the booking. But otherwise everything else matches.

View attachment 92905

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

he would have regretted going, prince was a total dick to nearly everyone. on the other hand, morrissey can be too, so maybe they would have had a grand time.

Maybe Morrissey picked up this week's copy of The Big Issue, in which The Bangles are interviewed about their time with Prince.

Some say man ain't happy, truly, until a man truly dies...

we all gotta reach out for the new...

I wish I'd seen Prince. Also Chris Cornell. Not too many other shuddas.

But Prince wanted Morrissey to do a duet with him and Morrissey told him “no”. What’s this for, suddenly? I’m confused.

I miss Prince, he was amazing, put out so much music, such a talented person.
He played with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Steve Winwood on a version of While my guitar gently weeps for a George Harrison tribute show, on that stage full of stars he showed them all how its done, God bless you Prince.
Me too. I love Prince so much 💔

he would have regretted going, prince was a total dick to nearly everyone. on the other hand, morrissey can be too, so maybe they would have had a grand time.

I’m sure Prince probably heard stories about Morrissey, even read interviews, and may have felt like they would have gotten along.

Moz shoulda invited Prince down to the studio.
Prince probably woulda felt more comfortable
in a studio than a restaurant.

I understand Moz's regret though.
Prince woulda been cool to meet.

I heard a story one time, that Paul Westerberg was recordin'
some stuff at Paisley Park and Prince found out it was Paul's
birthday, and Prince had the studio filled with ballons.
:):balloon:

Why would he post this right now? Strange.
Because he feels remorse... he regrets not having dinner with Prince. Maybe he didn't dare to attend that dinner... Moz is half boludon for some things. From shy maybe he didn't go and regrets it..... I love Prince OMG

Back
Top Bottom