Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was she forced into this concretisation? Possibly by force of arms?

She may be pissed off with Morrissey calling the interview a hoax so wanted to clarify. She makes it clear in the original instagram post that it was 2014 when the interview took place.

In 2014 When we had the honor of meeting the legendary Morrissey at the Pestana Palace, he graciously accepted our invitation for a brief interview. he selected the hotel’s chapel as the setting for our conversation. We were captivated by his unassuming nature and undeniable intellectual charm throughout our exchange.

Last edited:
She may be pissed off with Morrissey calling the interview a hoax so wanted to clarify. She makes it clear in the original post that it was 2014 when the interview took place.
Where does she make that clear in the original post? I just see ‘when’ which could be anything from last week to 15 years ago.

Where does she make that clear in the original post? I just see ‘when’ which could be anything from last week to 15 years ago.

Maybe she updated it as it currently says - In 2014 When we had the honor of meeting the legendary Morrissey at the Pestana Palace, he graciously accepted our invitation for a brief interview. he selected the hotel’s chapel as the setting for our conversation. We were captivated by his unassuming nature and undeniable intellectual charm throughout our exchange.

Have you seen the response that FWD posted earlier.

Maybe she updated it as it currently says - In 2014 When we had the honor of meeting the legendary Morrissey at the Pestana Palace, he graciously accepted our invitation for a brief interview. he selected the hotel’s chapel as the setting for our conversation. We were captivated by his unassuming nature and undeniable intellectual charm throughout our exchange.
Ah I see, yes, she did update the post.

That’s all clarified then. I like her photography

Ah I see, yes, she did update the post.

That’s all clarified then.

Still begs the question as to why Morrissey called it a hoax when it clearly happened, maybe he should have said this is an interview from a while ago, although I wonder what he felt he needed to comment at all as there's nothing shitty in the interview.

It's very unlikely that Morrissey wrote the post.

And Central has a pattern of being wrong about dates & credits.

Maybe not but it's another post that doesn't do him any favours. and I was hoping that would change with the new manager.

Did it show up on someone else's social media right before it went on Morrissey Central?
No, although SER was active prior.
She didn't tag her post (nor her later edited version). How she got 'noticed' was by the use of <@morrisseyofficial> on the image of the autographed magazine via her IG stories.
That is clearly monitored and probably brought her under scrutiny.
FWD.

Maybe in passing someone said to him they heard about the new interview in Portugal and Morrissey just wanted to clarify there is no new interview and called it a hoax. This interview, if you can even call it that, is drab. There isn’t anything in that he hasn’t said 47,000 times already. Remembering this exchange in a hotel lobby 10 years ago is like trying to remember what color socks he wore that day. Someone forgot to say “from 2014 and Morrissey thought this was a lie and felt compelled to say so.

Miscommunication. Nothing more.

It's such an eccentric, fastidious, and unnecessary announcement, it almost feels like it has to be Morrissey or Morrissey-dictated, because why on earth would an underling bother?

I liked the interview, though, banal as it was, just because I like the subject: Morrissey living out of hotels. Cátia Castel-Branco has a nice profile picture on Instagram. It was two good-looking people who chatted in the chapel of the Pestana Palace in 2014.

Still begs the question as to why Morrissey called it a hoax when it clearly happened, maybe he should have said this is an interview from a while ago, although I wonder what he felt he needed to comment at all as there's nothing shitty in the interview.
The ‘hoax’ was that it was presented as ‘new’ or that it didn’t clearly state that it was old.

But that’s settled now.

It's such an eccentric, fastidious, and unnecessary announcement, it almost feels like it has to be Morrissey or Morrissey-dictated, because why on earth would an underling bother?

I liked the interview, though, banal as it was, just because I like the subject: Morrissey living out of hotels. Cátia Castel-Branco has a nice profile picture on Instagram. It was two good-looking people who chatted in the chapel of the Pestana Palace in 2014.
They did a short video 'interview' together, too:

Did he conceive the idea for Spent the Day in Bed there?

Last edited:
The ‘hoax’ was that it was presented as ‘new’ or that it didn’t clearly state that it was old.

But that’s settled now.

You have to admit, though, using Morrissey Central to make a public announcement, as if some false interview is making the rounds and setting the Mozosphere ablaze, is bizarre. It makes a mountain out of a molehill. Poor Cátia Castel-Branco. She just wanted to make a nice reminiscence on Instagram, and now she probably thinks Morrissey is insane. "Oh my god, this unbelievable pedant. Fine, I'll add 'In 2014'! Will that satisfy you, you Manchester brat?"

You have to admit, though, using Morrissey Central to make a public announcement, as if some false interview is making the rounds and setting the Mozosphere ablaze, is bizarre. It makes a mountain out of a molehill. Poor . She just wanted to make a nice reminiscence on Instagram, and now she probably thinks Morrissey is insane. "Oh my god, this unbelievable pedant. Fine, I'll add 'In 2014'! Will that satisfy you, you Manchester brat?"
True. I don’t think he stumbled upon this himself. Someone probably saw it and wondered when Morrissey was in Portugal lately.
Well, he wasn’t and wanted to make that clear. In his usual hyperbolic way.

Storm in a teacup if there ever was one. Although it is nice to see a forgotten and lost interview session again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom