Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes of course, they bought those tickets in good faith. Was there a disclaimer on the ticket that he might not show up? When you buy a ticket for an event, you expect that event to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if there will lawsuits about this.
Yes, it seems that some people find this strange. A gig is announced, a ticket seller starts selling tickets and the venue confirms the date. Then you buy the ticket.

Oh my God, who does that? Why would you trust that the gig is happening?

This is a twisted logic indeed.

And actually I did not buy tickets for 2024. I was hoping for the decency of him honouring the promise of 2023. And in 2023 I did have doubts but, as a fan, I decided to try it anyway. South Americans don't get many chances to see their idols. Perhaps if you're from the US or Europe you may take these chances for granted, but these events don't happen ofter here.

yes, that’s a difficult situation. With an artist like Morrissey, it’s really taking a chance when purchasing tickets. But ultimately it is a decision that you make.

It is the plain disdain that upsets me too much. Accidents happen, I've had tickets for other gigs that were cancelled. They're a part of life.

Being lied to and being despised is what gets me. Probably some people from Nottingham, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and California feel the same, just to keep it within less than 2 years.

People are who they are, we can’t control that.

But we can control our emotional reactions to situations or experiences that displease us. Not letting them get the better of us. And we can control the things we experience, to some extent, through the decisions we make. It’s a small window, but it’s there.

Could it just be that he can't perform (I know he doesn't like that word) unless he can give it his all? Remember how he explained that the reason he lived this isolated existence at home was that "nothing is better then a false something"? So don't go on stage unless you can do it ++++? So I still don't know whether I will ever see him on stage. I can understand the disappointment and frustration of those who gave up time and money to see him. I suspect those who come on here just to say something unpleasant might have more fulfilled lives if they tackled what it is that makes them come to a site to make negative comments about someone they have never met, but I suppose it adds to the interest and debate. I'll have limited internet access after tomorrow, will miss following the debate.

I’m sorry, but you decided to purchase tickets knowing full well that this artist has cancelled on you not once, but twice before, and you’re upset at him?
According to that logic, people from Nottingham, Singapore, Jakarta, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Perth, Auckland, Mexico City, Lima, Bogota, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro and Asuncion (the last two with 2013 and 2018 in mind) and many, many more should not buy tickets for Morrissey again, right?

Or else they should accept cancellations as their own fault, because it is they who are wrong.

According to that logic, people from Nottingham, Singapore, Jakarta, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Perth, Auckland, Mexico City, Lima, Bogota, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro and Asuncion (the last two with 2013 and 2018 in mind) and many, many more should not buy tickets for Morrissey again, right?
No, but if they have the knowledge or experience of being canceled on before or know that it’s a risk, then they should use that knowledge to make the best decision they can in the future.
Or else they should accept cancellations as their own fault, because it is they who are wrong.

I never said the cancellations were the fault of the fans, that’s some twisted logic.

No, but if they have the knowledge or experience of being canceled on before or know that it’s a risk, then they should use that knowledge to make the best decision they can in the future.

I never said the cancellations were the fault of the fans, that’s some twisted logic.
You realize you are saying people should not buy tickets to his shows. Do you even know what you are saying or why? Or are you saying people who have been canceled on before should not buy tickets? Because he's canceled all over the world. So, according to you, no one should ever buy a ticket again.

You realize you are saying people should not buy tickets to his shows. Do you even know what you are saying or why? Or are you saying people who have been canceled on before should not buy tickets? Because he's canceled all over the world. So, according to you, no one should ever buy a ticket again.
Well, maybe some Californians did exactly that.

And maybe Latin America will be less welcoming should Morrissey ever try to book gigs here again. Argentina and Colombia sold out, but Brazil, Mexico and Chile (nearly) didn't. And it was not the biggest ticket seller in Brazil that handled the tickets.

Morrissey, se você leu esse tópico... eu sou do Brasil. Paguei passagens, avião, hotéis... DUAS VEZES! Setembro (cancelamento por "DENGUE") e agora...

Roubo legalizado
Me deixa desolado
Eu acerto direto no pescoço
Morrissey, mentiroso
Eu louvo o dia que você traz

Apenas morra, você é um pedaço de merda. Perdi meu dinheiro comprando passagens aéreas duas vezes. E agora a princesa não quer fazer concertos. Pare de fazer shows em vez de enganar as pessoas.
Foda se

Well, maybe some Californians did exactly that.

And maybe Latin America will be less welcoming should Morrissey ever try to book gigs here again. Argentina and Colombia sold out, but Brazil and Chile (nearly) didn't. And it was not the biggest ticket seller in Brazil that handled the tickets.
It seems like that is what just happened or maybe the venues were just too big, it was not realistic. Latin America was just a shame, I feel so bad for those people. I think there will always be people who buy tickets and to blame them for Morrissey's behavior is just f***ing out of touch and absurd. There are people here who could watch Morrissey drown kittens and make excuses for it.

It was about buying multiple FLIGhTS, not just tickets. And then abusing someone else about it :crazy:

The pilots forced me to buy tickets!

Nah, but seriously, let’s not be too hard on
C Souza. I’ve been cancelled on before, but took a chance and have gone to many shows after. But it was a decision I made full well knowing that he can cancel any gig that I was heading to. Of course any cancellation will naturally lead to a mix of emotions, but being upset is not something that should last that long, not for a cancelled show, and not for a show that I know might be cancelled.

It is what it is.

He treats us like paychecks. Anyone who thinks he cares is a joke. So. He treats me like crap. I treat him like the hired help. Singer singer man. Sing. I buy all my Morrissey albums used so he doesn’t get my cash. I haven’t bought anything since ringleaders as it is garbage.

Sing old man. Sing. Sing for your paycheck. We don’t respect each other. You care a good tune. You wrote some songs 30 years ago that were great. So sing them. Now.
I love his song "Sing Your Life (Now)"

Donnie's evil plan has finally come to fruition. Morrissey is locked away in a sanatorium in the Swiss Alps, as a hostage, never to be heard from again while Donnie posts to Central as Morrissey in the third person and schedules shows Morrissey never shows up to.

This excuse is worse than hearing nothing. He's not even in the country to rehearse with his new band playing this material for the first time? He couldn't have warned his fans more than 1 day in advance?
I know Buckley's Instagram at least had him in Marseilles for a good chunk of the beginning of January so I assume the band was rehearsing there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom