Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Their ep is very good. Aye, James Johnston did design the sleeve - it's a cool image. If you like dusty noir you may like Holy Motors (Estonian band), the first album is good. Have a good day!
Holy Motors I’ve listened to! I like them!
Thanks, you too!

I just read the bio of Sometimes With Others on Spotify and they sound amazing! References to David Lynch, dusty noir dramas and driving through the desert. And one of the members is Kristof Hahn from Swans! I have to have a listen to their EP. Also, a slight Morrissey connection: a guy from Gallon Drunk, one time Moz support act, has designed the sleeve for said EP.
I will have to give them some more attention then. They sounded too folky for me on first listen. I am a fan of Lynchian sounds. Oh, and I f***ing love Swans. I hope they tour the UK again this year as I missed them last year. Gira is a genius, imo.

You're welcome. I'm open to new artists/bands too, so it's good to get recommendations. I'm totally with you on the rap and hip hop. Enjoy your Sunday!
Yeh, rap and hip hop are unlistenable to me, as well as most things that are popular and mainstream these days. With the exception of a chosen few. You too!

I love the banding together of Solo, to be honest, the duality of opinions and suggestions is interesting and inspiring. (Well, let's be honest, some not so inspiring) I still wonder if Morrissey reads certain threads in Solo.

I hope Morrissey just does his best and I wish him luck with his new management and with his plans for 2024. I highly doubt Morrissey of all people, with his sense of intelligence and wit, has zero plans! I think he just likes to tease.

Unloveable is one of my favorite Smiths song. It says something to me about my life.. though not as much as it used to.. because I'm loved now by one, and that's all I need.
Is your lover a Morrissey fan also?

No, he unfortunately is not, but he doesn't mind me talking about Morrissey news and listening to the music with me. (I try not to torture him too much with it, lol) I tell him about the shenanigans on Solo as well.

"Uh-oh love, new news in the world of Morrissey.."
"Let's hear it."
🙈✨💞
What do you see in him, if he’s not a Morrissey fan? Is he not jealous of your love for Morrissey?

What do you see in him, if he’s not a Morrissey fan? Is he not jealous of your love for Morrissey?
Well, since I'm a new fan of Morrissey, only having known of him for under a year, I've been with my fiance for nearly 7 years. Many years before this, him and I were together in High School for a very short amount of time.. but I've always been infatuated with him. :)

I think part of growing old with another human is accepting and respecting each other's likes, dislikes, and passions. Things are ever changing in our own individual lives, and it's nice to have someone caring along for the ride.

Well, since I'm a new fan of Morrissey, only having known of him for under a year, I've been with my fiance for nearly 7 years. Many years before this, him and I were together in High School for a very short amount of time.. but I've always been infatuated with him. :)

I think part of growing old with another human is accepting and respecting each other's likes, dislikes, and passions. Things are ever changing in our own individual lives, and it's nice to have someone caring along for the ride.

Totally agree Ashley.

Has Tim Booth shaved off that ugly goatee yet? Cause if not, i can’t look at him anymore and someone needs to tell him that the last goatees on earth tried to die back when George Michael died and that’s when his goatee should have died too. If his goatee didn’t die when George Michael died then that is a longer goatee run than any goatee should have ever had a run for already. Ever.

Steven Seagal was also going for that John Travolta/George Michael black hair goatee weirdness. How was that ever even a look? But honestly, if you’re bald on top? The goatee as overcompensation must be the most mid-life crisis last stand of all

Also if you are a person who has ever made out with a person who is the owner and orchestrator of an ugly goatee, then you also already have A LOT to answer for o_O

Has Tim Booth shaved off that ugly goatee yet? Cause if not, i can’t look at him anymore and someone needs to tell him that the last goatees on earth tried to die back when George Michael died and that’s when his goatee should have died too. If his goatee didn’t die when George Michael died then that is a longer goatee run than any goatee should have ever had a run for already. Ever.

Steven Seagal was also going for that John Travolta/George Michael black hair goatee weirdness. How was that ever even a look? But honestly, if you’re bald on top? The goatee as overcompensation must be the most mid-life crisis last stand of all

Also if you are a person who has ever made out with a person who is the owner and orchestrator of an ugly goatee, then you also already have A LOT to answer for o_O
They're sooooooooo gross

Back
Top Bottom