Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena (Feb. 23, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not Sorry // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Great show, packed house, fans held a Union Jack which moz acknowledged, 100% certain he sang Brexit (perhaps a little too obvious as he then covered his mouth), crowd loved Sunday. ‘I’m going to a club in Darlington...’

Same as previous apart from I’m not sorry before encore, no you’ll be gone. Start with lonely then suedehead

Regards,
FWD.

He was amazing! All the low in High School stuff was phenomenal and the old stuff was even better, shame most the crowd near me were miserable bastards but oh well. I can't believe how good Moz's voice was either

What is wrong with you people that you all want to give money to a guy who thinks Marine Le Pen, Anne Marie Waters and Nigel Farage are the good guys? You must be all rabid right wingers. Is that the fan base now?
Afraid so!
For some reason I believe he is the kind of man that turns away from those that love him and to be honest the lefties occupied his arse for ages and in the end he had enough of it.

Ok, as with glasgow here’s a brief little two pence on the gig...

Posted in the Glasgow post-gig thread that you’ll be gone kept things a bit restrained, started with I wish you lonely tonight which kicked things off well. Maybe not in the same way a suedehead etc. has in the past but much livelier.

Shout out to the dickheads who spend the extra time knocking back a piss weak fosters or have an extra line off the toilet seat pre-gig and then think they can rush forward. Cocks.

Moz was In really good spirits throughout, lots of acknowledgement of the crowd, lots of chatter, barrier seemed slightly further back tonight and he did try at least 5/6 times to make handshakes for those that made the effort particularly in I’m not sorry (will come to that in a mo) on the “reach out my hand, and then...”

Police, bullfighter, jack, Jackie, Home - all vocal and performance highlights tonight and of course i’m...not...sorry...

Entirely subjective but I think it’s Moz’s best blend of lyrical defiance, assertion, sensitivity, transparency and melody. Never thought I’d have the pleasure of hearing it live, but I have and that was worth the entrance fee alone. Beautifully sang and probably the most dramatic song of the night.

Definitely the loudest and most committed the morrissey chants have been thus far. Nice little joke in there about Darlo (bit of a shithole) “tonight, after the gig I will be going to a nightclub in Darlington (boos) and if I get killed on the way I’ll say this to them” - into if you don’t like me don’t look at me.

Moz took a few draws from what looked like a medicinal vaper or stick at a couple of points but sounded incredible throughout.

Shirt got tossed stage left and seemed to go a bit crazy. Interested to see the videos of that.

Few dickheads in the crowd who couldn’t stand for themselves, spilling ale and chewing their eyebrows off but plenty in the crowd helping one another.

Onto Leeds we go! Last one of this tour for me *sob*

Viva Morrissey

X

First time seeing the man himself, he has more charm and sense of fun than comes across on screen sometimes. Some real highlights, but, although he’s clearly played them hundreds of times and may need to keep himself entertained, I hated the ‘ad libs’ on the Smiths and older solo stuff. Doing How Soon and Everyday without the jokes and grunts would have made them so much more special for people

Ok, as with glasgow here’s a brief little two pence on the gig...

Posted in the Glasgow post-gig thread that you’ll be gone kept things a bit restrained, started with I wish you lonely tonight which kicked things off well. Maybe not in the same way a suedehead etc. has in the past but much livelier.

Shout out to the dickheads who spend the extra time knocking back a piss weak fosters or have an extra line off the toilet seat pre-gig and then think they can rush forward. Cocks.

Moz was In really good spirits throughout, lots of acknowledgement of the crowd, lots of chatter, barrier seemed slightly further back tonight and he did try at least 5/6 times to make handshakes for those that made the effort particularly in I’m not sorry (will come to that in a mo) on the “reach out my hand, and then...”

Police, bullfighter, jack, Jackie, Home - all vocal and performance highlights tonight and of course i’m...not...sorry...

Entirely subjective but I think it’s Moz’s best blend of lyrical defiance, assertion, sensitivity, transparency and melody. Never thought I’d have the pleasure of hearing it live, but I have and that was worth the entrance fee alone. Beautifully sang and probably the most dramatic song of the night.

Definitely the loudest and most committed the morrissey chants have been thus far. Nice little joke in there about Darlo (bit of a shithole) “tonight, after the gig I will be going to a nightclub in Darlington (boos) and if I get killed on the way I’ll say this to them” - into if you don’t like me don’t look at me.

Moz took a few draws from what looked like a medicinal vaper or stick at a couple of points but sounded incredible throughout.

Shirt got tossed stage left and seemed to go a bit crazy. Interested to see the videos of that.

Few dickheads in the crowd who couldn’t stand for themselves, spilling ale and chewing their eyebrows off but plenty in the crowd helping one another.

Onto Leeds we go! Last one of this tour for me *sob*

Viva Morrissey

X

You're attendance at this Morrissey gig plus your obvious enjoyment of it marks you out as a rabid right winger and most definitely a Nazi.

(This post has been sanctioned by the Uncle Skinny political party for the Mentally Deranged.) :lbf:

Moz in good spirits tonight from the word go, playful all night. Enquired "What became of the likely lasses?"......Talked of plans to go nightclubbing in Darlington after their show and said if anyone tried to Kill him he'd sing this song to them! Went into 'If you don't like me, don't look at me'...

Great night. Left everyone partying hard in Newcastle after gig as up early to get to Leeds. The LIHS songs get better and better every time performed. The best is yet to come from this tour. Stick with it and it will get better and better.

Set list...from memory...probably not quite in right order...

Lonely
Suede
I started...
Jacky
Home is?
Munich disaster...
Bury Living
Love I do anything
Chain Gang
If you don't like
Your legs
Protect us...?
World Peace
How soon?
Bullfighter
Jack the R
Hold Friends
Everyday is
I'm not sorry
Encore: Irish blood

Ok, but not a great ending. Was a bit sudden and unexpected.

Great form by Moz. I was sadly in seating as these were the only tickets I could get. Frankly disgusted by the comatose performance of those around me. I danced my legs down to the knees regardless of these insipid retches that surrounded me. Morrisseys performance deserved better. Shameful in the seats.

I wish you lonely
Suedehead
I started something Jacky's only happy
Home is a question mark
Munich air disaster
My love, I’d Do Anything
When you open your legs
Who will protect us from the police ?
World Peace is none of your business
If you don't like me, don't look at me
Back on the chain gang
I Bury The Living
Bullfighter
Jack the Ripper
How soon is now
Spent the day in bed
Hold onto your friends
Everyday is like Sunday
I'm not sorry

Encore

IB, EH

My first Moz gig since 2011, really enjoyed it. Most of the LIHS stuff was great, and I was made up to hear ‘I’m Not Sorry’.
‘Jack the Ripper’ and ‘Munich 1958’ were highlights too.

Saw big ‘Samwell Tarly’ from Game of Thrones a couple of times in the foyer, posing graciously for selfies with some fawning lasses.

Great form by Moz. I was sadly in seating as these were the only tickets I could get. Frankly disgusted by the comatose performance of those around me. I danced my legs down to the knees regardless of these insipid retches that surrounded me. Morrisseys performance deserved better. Shameful in the seats.
Yawn, so your appreciation of the the performance is directly related to the amount of physical exertion you show, how dare people choose to take in a gig in any other way :rolleyes:

Great show, packed house, fans held a Union Jack which moz acknowledged, 100% certain he sang Brexit (perhaps a little too obvious as he then covered his mouth), crowd loved Sunday. ‘I’m going to a club in Darlington...’

Thanks for the report !

Hazard
x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom