New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 25, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY & @Amsden

• Photo sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post).

23150-5bde81df2daf8c8f6d8eb5c63d4abd69.jpg

Last edited:
Long piano intro (I’ll never remember the name sowwy uncultured American here) and…

17 - everyday is like Sunday

This toor has been wonderful. I hope to see him again if he tours more before the end of the year but this nyc stop of this tour has been absolute magic each night. Set list predictions aside.
It's Clair de Lune by Debussy. It means Moonlight.
Let's not kid ourselves and think I'm a classy American.
My wife told me what it was called.
Let's not kid ourselves.. she might be wrong.. she married me after all.

He should’ve made I Wish You Lonely a single instead of the ones he selected from Low In High School considering how often it gets played.

A decent run, a little too conservative and unimaginative -- not as good as the theater run in 2019 which featured some exciting additions and substitutions from night to night. Though, the United Palace is much more beautiful than the Lunt-Fontanne. It is what it is. Politely putting aside the lukewarm ticket sales this time around, the New York residencies seem to work for him: the great Apollo shows in 2004, the fun week at the Hammerstein in 2007, etc. He seems to enjoy the city, his shows here usually catch him in a good mood. Only wish the band felt like something a bit more substantial. I think he's shot himself in the foot by allowing Jesse to occupy the position of longest-running band member.

And for anyone still wondering: absolutely an acoustic backing track present on Please Please Please.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom