Moz songs about stalking people/contemplating rape

Mozevon

1. It's not your birthday anymore
2. Jack the Ripper
3. I Can Have Both
4. Handsome Devil
5. Hand That Rocks The Cradle (molestation?)
6. The More You Ignore me, The Closer I get
7. Is It Really So Strange?

I'm sure there are more, help me out.

1. It's not your birthday anymore
2. Jack the Ripper
3. I Can Have Both
4. Handsome Devil
5. Hand That Rocks The Cradle (molestation?)
6. The More You Ignore me, The Closer I get
7. Is It Really So Strange?

I'm sure there are more, help me out.

Rape??? I'm not sure any song is about rape. I must say I've changed my thoughts on I Can Have Both, though. I used to think it was about ambisexuality. Now I realise it's about the choice to have sex or not. The choice between being sexually active and not.

Peter

I think it's more that Morrissey tends to explore the impulse to violence in his work, which rape is a part of. This is something he shares with a lot of serious modern artists (Martin Scorsese is the most obvious example). We just don't see it explored in pop music as much.

I think it's more that Morrissey tends to explore the impulse to violence in his work, which rape is a part of. This is something he shares with a lot of serious modern artists (Martin Scorsese is the most obvious example). We just don't see it explored in pop music as much.

No, usually the assault is on your ears, when you listen to it.

I don't think The More You Ignore me, The Closer I get is about physical stalking.
I thought it could be about his hatred of Joyce or a love warning to jake. I love the way morrissey writes about so many subject matters and we continue to discuss them. I true genius

Late Night Maudlin Street
I could list the details of everything you ever wore or said...

Suedehead

Wow. Ummm, maybe we should tone it down a bit.

Tags
ha ha nobody knows me moz is a stalker
Back
Top Bottom